Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4-4-2's season prediction.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 92 Guests

4-4-2's season prediction.

This thread currently has 2,461 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
August 8, 2012, 3:26pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
1st. Luton
2nd. Mansfield
3rd. Grimsby
4th. Cambridge
5th. Wrexham
6th. Forest Green
7th. Kidderminster
8th. Newport
9th. Gateshead
10th. Macclesfield
11th. Southport
12th. Woking
13th. Stockport
14th. Tamworth
15th. Alfreton
16th. Hereford
17th. Telford
18th. Barrow
19th. Lincoln
20th. Dartford
21st. Braintree
22nd. Nuneaton
23rd. Ebbsfleet
24th. Hyde

I'll settle for that!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
AdamHaddock
August 8, 2012, 3:34pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
A lot of people on the gimps forum gave that top three. Let's hope they're right.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
80sglory
August 8, 2012, 3:41pm
Guest User
Out of interest Les, how do their seasons predictions compare to last season ?
Do outsiders generally think we're on the up ?

Saw that Alan Algar thing and thought his analysis was very accurate.
Whether we step up away from home quite up as much as thinks remains to be seen but I bloody well hope so.
Reply: 2 - 26
upthestripes
August 8, 2012, 4:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600

Saw that Alan Algar thing and thought his analysis was very accurate.

What was that mate?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
80sglory
August 8, 2012, 7:00pm
Guest User
Corteousy of carrot top - took me a while to find it !

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1343939316/s-15/#num22
Reply: 4 - 26
Grantham_Mariner
August 8, 2012, 7:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,220
Gold Stars: 52
Load of rubbish, Lincoln as high as 19th LOL

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
upthestripes
August 8, 2012, 7:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Corteousy of carrot top - took me a while to find it !

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1343939316/s-15/#num22

Thanks for looking mate, appreciate it. So much optimism for us from outside that you can't help feeling it might jsut be a good year for town.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
LH
August 8, 2012, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,611
Gold Stars: 177
Racing Post pull-out today tipping Luton for the title (pretty standard really) and Cambridge as an each way bet. Can't exactly disagree with them. Town get a mention saying we should improve on last season.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
80sglory
August 9, 2012, 2:37am
Guest User
Quoted from upthestripes

Thanks for looking mate, appreciate it. So much optimism for us from outside that you can't help feeling it might jsut be a good year for town.

No probs, let's hope so.

I just hope we throw off any shackles of expectation or fear and express the good of ourselves from the off.
Even if we go down 3-2 it's not the end of the world and it's only 1 point off grinding out a dire hard fought 0-0 - remember Norwich ?

But not being negative - au contraire !
Sure most would say 0-0's a good point and it's a marathon not a sprint.
But I'd rather taxi some of the way and occasionally stand than have to bike it uphill all the way (If that makes any sense ?!)

Obviously we'll try to win but just saying all things being equal, I'd rather we risked 3 pts instead of being happy to settle for 1.
Historically we've generally been below par opening day (1-1 tends to be the score) but would love to see a Town team with a "new look" attitude.
If I had to put it into words it would ideally be us thinking how we can hurt opponents and kill them off instead of giving too much respect or overly worrying about them.

If we're 1 up (2 would be better) with 5 mins to go won't be suprised if it's "backs to the wall" to cling on again. (though would be quite excited for the future if it didn't happen !  )
Fully understandable to protect what you've got but don't think it's necessarily helpful long term to adopt this "brave warrior scrapping for our lives" martyr role - we fully deserve to win games comfortably without any need to worry, panic or feel guilty about it.
tbh I sometimes wonder WTF has gone on in Town players minds over the last 20 years - are we so used to drawing away that they panic or try to coast it to safety when in sight of the win ? Wish I knew why... (I've got my theories !)

Obviously we'd take 1-0 right now but just so long as we show the right attitudes I won't be overly bothered by the scoreline should we lose tbh.
Perhaps that sounds cold but I'd reallly love us to win in style.  
Ideally with the players thinking "It's only 1 game..."

So for me it's about us having belief, zero mercy and bags of composure (but with energy to match !  )

No reason to panic, go OTT or get the prayer mats out but fingers crossed they can seize this juicy opportunity to prove what we've already seen in pre-season. (and hopefully a bit more too now it's the real thing)
Reply: 8 - 26
upthestripes
August 9, 2012, 10:34am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600

No probs, let's hope so.

I just hope we throw off any shackles of expectation or fear and express the good of ourselves from the off.
Even if we go down 3-2 it's not the end of the world and it's only 1 point off grinding out a dire hard fought 0-0 - remember Norwich ?

But not being negative - au contraire !
Sure most would say 0-0's a good point and it's a marathon not a sprint.
But I'd rather taxi some of the way and occasionally stand than have to bike it uphill all the way (If that makes any sense ?!)

Obviously we'll try to win but just saying all things being equal, I'd rather we risked 3 pts instead of being happy to settle for 1.
Historically we've generally been below par opening day (1-1 tends to be the score) but would love to see a Town team with a "new look" attitude.
If I had to put it into words it would ideally be us thinking how we can hurt opponents and kill them off instead of giving too much respect or overly worrying about them.

If we're 1 up (2 would be better) with 5 mins to go won't be suprised if it's "backs to the wall" to cling on again. (though would be quite excited for the future if it didn't happen !  )
Fully understandable to protect what you've got but don't think it's necessarily helpful long term to adopt this "brave warrior scrapping for our lives" martyr role - we fully deserve to win games comfortably without any need to worry, panic or feel guilty about it.
tbh I sometimes wonder WTF has gone on in Town players minds over the last 20 years - are we so used to drawing away that they panic or try to coast it to safety when in sight of the win ? Wish I knew why... (I've got my theories !)

Obviously we'd take 1-0 right now but just so long as we show the right attitudes I won't be overly bothered by the scoreline should we lose tbh.
Perhaps that sounds cold but I'd reallly love us to win in style.  
Ideally with the players thinking "It's only 1 game..."

So for me it's about us having belief, zero mercy and bags of composure (but with energy to match !  )

No reason to panic, go OTT or get the prayer mats out but fingers crossed they can seize this juicy opportunity to prove what we've already seen in pre-season. (and hopefully a bit more too now it's the real thing)

Considering most of us seem generally quite upbeat, iit's interesting that the majority don't fancy us against Southport (myself included). Can we really be hopeful of the playoffs yet at the same time not expect a win against mid-table Southport? Maybe just opening day nerves?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4-4-2's season prediction.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.