lukeo
August 3, 2012, 10:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from jamesgtfc
How about fans pay £90 and get 6 stubs, which they take to the club shop in exchange for a choice of whatever seat is available?

It is a great idea but you can't expect a guaranteed seat of you're only going to attend 6 games.

Exactly what i was about to say. To add to that if you don't want to queue send a stub through the post with an envelope with a stamp on and your address so the club can in return send you a ticket for your asked match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
Rick12
August 3, 2012, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from lukeo

Exactly what i was about to say. To add to that if you don't want to queue send a stub through the post with an envelope with a stamp on and your address so the club can in return send you a ticket for your asked match
sorted

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
upthestripes
August 3, 2012, 10:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
This is a superb idea. Maybe email John or Ian with it? If nothing else, it can hardly hurt to try it, can it?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
kevikov
August 3, 2012, 10:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Bit off topic i know but i notice the last home game of the season against newport is one of the bring a buddy games vouchers free with my season ticket.
If we are chasing promotion or even 1st place i would imagine that might cause the odd problem. Similar to a six pack deal.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
moosey_club
August 4, 2012, 2:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Poor idea, you may take the offer at a discounted rate and only attend the bigger games which would normally be full price on the day = lost money for the club. If there was such a deal i would buy into it and use it for the bigger games. Lincoln, Luton etc and then use the inevitable discounted vouchers in the telegraph for some of the other less high profile games so all in all in all a sh1tty deal for the club.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Paris Mariner
August 4, 2012, 2:40pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from moosey_club
Poor idea, you may take the offer at a discounted rate and only attend the bigger games which would normally be full price on the day = lost money for the club. If there was such a deal i would buy into it and use it for the bigger games. Lincoln, Luton etc and then use the inevitable discounted vouchers in the telegraph for some of the other less high profile games so all in all in all a sh1tty deal for the club.

This is a fair point but as an exiled Mariner in France (I made 12 games home and away last season and expect to make a similar amount this year) I think if a system similar to one proposed above could be worked out it would be a good idea and one I'd buy into.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 17
roundballovalhole
August 4, 2012, 2:47pm
Guest User
What the op is saying is "i go to 6 games a season, can people who go to 6 games a season have a discount?"

The club would lose money on season ticket sales and by discounting folkvwho would go anyway!
Reply: 16 - 17
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 8, 2012, 8:31pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from 1054
What the op is saying is "i go to 6 games a season, can people who go to 6 games a season have a discount?"

Incorrect. What the OP is trying to say is, that being an exile I'm unsure which home games I can get to. Whether I can get to four, six, eight, twelve home games a season depends on my circumstances at the time and if I'm honest and without wanting to sound blasé, yes I would like some sort of a discount seeing as I spend money on fuel etc, blah blah getting to home games. If I were to buy one of these "six packs" it is then up to me to redeem the ticket which will give me more incentive to go to games if I can't make the full six. Either way the Club has money in its coffers.

Another thing to bear in mind is, if say a casual fan (for want of a better word) bought one of these tickets and then we went on a shite run, again the club has money in the bank whether the casual supporter returns or not. If he/she returns, it's another bum on a seat.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Six Pack

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.