flash1
August 1, 2012, 9:34am
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Quoted from SlouchyMetal
Fantastic game by the boys tonight. Disley, Thomas and Soares were the stand out performers. Elding sadly wasnt effective enough but thats footballl

Weve won more trophies than Man Utd has in the last year

thought he was poor tbh!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Perkins
August 1, 2012, 10:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Stew0_0
Thought we were too complacent against a Lincoln side showing a mixture of Youth, fringe players and a new signing (Tom Miller).

I didn't think our two sets of front two did enough all game and thought Gowling and Miller defended well against them. Colbeck in particular whipped some great crosses low across the box but we weren't sharp enough to read them and attack the edge of the six yard box.

You could see there equaliser coming a mile off. Last 15 minutes we sat deeper and deeper seemingly happy with a 1-0 win and got caught with a smart finish into the far corner.

Stand-out players for me:  Niven, looked composed in possession and kept it simple, broke up the play well, but I don't think we should start with Disley alongside him as they are both defensive minded players.  Colbeck again played well, very direct, not afraid to attack defenders and his delivery was better. Thomas also had a better game, attacking on the overlap and a couple of fine tackles when defending.   Thought McKeown looked a tad shakey though and Elding was ineffective when he came on, so reckon a season on the bench for him beckons this season.

Overall we made it hard work but happy to have the trophy back in the cabinet for another season.utm

Totally agree except about Niven, yes he looks composed when in possession, but too many misplaced passes for my liking.
IMHO Colbeck is the best signing we have made followed by Thomas. Unfortunately Greg Pearson does nothing for me at all.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
slide to unlock
August 1, 2012, 10:12am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
i thought disley was poor too, also thought cook was, g pearson was the better out the 2 lads uptop. both quilty of missing sitters..ie cook free header from 6 yards that went waywud. pearson shot drogged wide from 6 yards on a number of occassions, pretty sure more would have been said on here about those misses if it was elding. soars looked like he might do something when having the ball the lost it on many occassions by ether being takled to easly or miss placed pass.

thought s pearson was outstanding. also all this negative about elding, thought he was good when he came on hold the ball up got in the box, had coule of chances..yet all people on here want to remember from the whole time he was on is the shot that if went well over.get of his back and support him,. and i must say he an southwell made 2-3 runs in behind the defence which NEVER happend once in first half, cook an pearson want to come feet all the time. scott was moaning like fook at them to bend arch the run in behind.

macca was poor on the night, thought niven was steady colbeck looks good but for a winger dont cross too many. ( best cross of the night was from s pearson)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
excusebeef
August 1, 2012, 11:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Quoted from aaron rattray
Thomas doesn't appear as fast as people first thought, miller played excellent pearson has got better on the floor doesn't do as many long balls, niven is my man of the match, liked soares little boxing match shortly before half time

your joking right? his overlaps on the left were quality and he certainly was not short of pace imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
aaron rattray
August 1, 2012, 11:03am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I think the problem with soares is that he thinks he can take every player on but he can't, but he does cause problems though in the defence of the opposition team, shaun pearson did excellent on the wing, no pace but he still got past the defender and if you notice he toe poked the ball into the box

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
luda169
August 1, 2012, 12:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0

IMHO Mckeown on last night showing will have to up his game or he will lose the keepers shirt    I enjoyed the game but thought the ref was poor also we took our foot off the gas and sat back to early  still its a win I will take that any day against the locals .
I reckon that we will be  ok this season been as the players are up for it I'm glad Ford is rejoining us
I liked him a lot last time he was here but feel he will get even better under S&H roll on kick off.utmm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
80sglory
August 2, 2012, 2:43am
Guest User
Quoted from Stew0_0
but we weren't sharp enough to read them and attack the edge of the six yard box.

You could see there equaliser coming a mile off. Last 15 minutes we sat deeper and deeper seemingly happy with a 1-0 win

This is what I'm talking about - why does it always seem to happen ?

Reply: 26 - 28
80sglory
August 2, 2012, 3:05am
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
I think the problem with soares is that he thinks he can take every player on but he can't

You mean he can't always beat every player he takes on ?
Can anyone ?!!

Accept you were there and I wasn't aaron but at least he's willing to have a go to open something up ?
Impression I've got from other friendlies has sometimes been a lack of responsibility from players to make things happen.

All too easy to play it safe and keep possession but it doesn't really get you anywhere until someone takes a risk.
There's nothing more frustrating than seeing a player hesitatate and ball knocked 50 yards back to the GK !  
Reply: 27 - 28
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 7:56am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
No but 80s he thinks he can take everybody on and beat them all the time, he gets tackled then we are defending then, it stops a very good move, no people i am not saying hes a crap player because hes not

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.