1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
July 27, 2012, 3:21pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1149-july-2012/8888-new-stadium-in-sight-for-bristol-rovers time we get moving - I believe our saga dates back to a similar date, if not further.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
nelly_gtfc
July 27, 2012, 3:35pm
Guest User
Would probally save Bristol City/Rovers money if they built a stadium and shared it, selling off both the current grounds.

Infact it's quite amusing that places like Sheffield, Dundee and Bristol have two clubs, none of those places will ever have the financial power to compete with the big boys, boring times ahead for those teams.

The Dundees' will never win anything without merging, just how ridiculous is this.
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7112/46811742denstannadice59.jpg[/img]

Bollox to history, should just merge and become more powerful, especially somewhere like Sheffield - instead of 30,000 gates - one team getting 50,000 to 60,000 gates would put them similar to Arsenal.

Oh yeah! Bristol & Sheffield teams merge, I make that 2 extra places in the leagues - nice!

Oh well tough shite yorkies... maybe the odd season in the Premiership before being relegated, so championship/league 1 football forever.  

Not that it really matters and do I really care.
Quoted from Paris Mariner
http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1149-july-2012/8888-new-stadium-in-sight-for-bristol-rovers time we get moving - I believe our saga dates back to a similar date, if not further.
I hope all clubs get new grounds, at least it gives more chance/optimism for the long term survivability/sustainability of the clubs.
Reply: 1 - 4
grimsby pete
July 27, 2012, 5:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,858
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from 470
Would probally save Bristol City/Rovers money if they built a stadium and shared it, selling off both the current grounds.

Infact it's quite amusing that places like Sheffield, Dundee and Bristol have two clubs, none of those places will ever have the financial power to compete with the big boys, boring times ahead for those teams.

The Dundees' will never win anything without merging, just how ridiculous is this.
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7112/46811742denstannadice59.jpg[/img]

Bollox to history, should just merge and become more powerful, especially somewhere like Sheffield - instead of 30,000 gates - one team getting 50,000 to 60,000 gates would put them similar to Arsenal.

Oh yeah! Bristol & Sheffield teams merge, I make that 2 extra places in the leagues - nice!

Oh well tough shite yorkies... maybe the odd season in the Premiership before being relegated, so championship/league 1 football forever.  

Not that it really matters and do I really care.I hope all clubs get new grounds, at least it gives more chance/optimism for the long term survivability/sustainability of the clubs.

Good points nelly, I can not see the point in having 2 average teams in one city / town when they could join forces and be a real threat if only the fans could get on,

Liverpool and Everton are the only fans that do get on but they are both big enough to keep independant.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
Eastendmariner
July 27, 2012, 7:35pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I cannot understand  your view on two teams in the same city merging just for the mere fact of becoming a ONE TEAM CITY

I COULDN'T DISAGREE MORE !!

Bollox to History probably the most sweeping statement ive ever heard on the fishy !!

what next ! Arsenal/ Spurs to merge or Celtic / Rangers  OR CHELSEA / WEST HAM AND PLAY AT THE OLYMPIC STADIUM !!

THERE ALWAYS TEM GB....

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
wembley_double98
July 27, 2012, 7:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Quoted from Eastendmariner
I cannot understand  your view on two teams in the same city merging just for the mere fact of becoming a ONE TEAM CITY

I COULDN'T DISAGREE MORE !!

Bollox to History probably the most sweeping statement ive ever heard on the fishy !!

what next ! Arsenal/ Spurs to merge or Celtic / Rangers  OR CHELSEA / WEST HAM AND PLAY AT THE OLYMPIC STADIUM !!

THERE ALWAYS TEM GB....

Hey Rob, wouldn't be a bad idea to merge Kettering, Rushden and Northampton Town, could amalgamate to a club the size of Wycombe!!
UTM

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bristol Rovers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.