1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
tintowner
July 22, 2012, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
A good few hours were spent here today. Liked the old Immingham tram and the Naval vessel especially. Downside...well, they should/could have put more seating areas around the viewing areas. A lot of old folk appeared to be struggling (my father included) with the distance from the car park to the attractions (and back).

I wonder if 'Mr Whippy' sold many single cones at £2.50 a throw!

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Neilo83
July 22, 2012, 9:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
I work on there and we went to the burger van at break and they was selling cheeseburgers at £4.50 a go! Some of my work mates opted for a tray of scabby chips instead th £2 a tray!

Did u notice that "band" singing out of the back of the wagon? Far too loud and made too much of a racket in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
tintowner
July 22, 2012, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Neilo83
I work on there and we went to the burger van at break and they was selling cheeseburgers at £4.50 a go! Some of my work mates opted for a tray of scabby chips instead th £2 a tray!

Did u notice that "band" singing out of the back of the wagon? Far too loud and made too much of a racket in my opinion.

Not sure how much the organisers were charging traders for a pitch...but some of them see an opportunity and become greedy. I expect (and do) to pay £1 (or less) for a 'whipped' ice cream...... but £2.50      . These traders, wether its selling ice cream, burgers or the like, still make profits on their regular prices...its just greed.

You couldnt help hearing the band.....I agree...far too loud.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
jamesgtfc
July 24, 2012, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
How much did everyone pay to get in? I was told the suggested donation was £5 by a cadet with no personality - whilst others I know paid £1 and 50p.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Neilo83
July 25, 2012, 9:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Dint pay a penny, but I was working on there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ABP- Immingham Docks Open Day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.