This thread currently has 1,698 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
cod.gtfc
July 20, 2012, 9:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
I put this in the match thread but so it dosn't get lost here is a summary of what Hurst said, I typed it whilst listening! Some good stuff in it.

Very good game, close match, good crowd, delighted with a clean sheet.

Fleming been training at another club, just came in tonight for us, did well seen as he hasn't been with us, did very well. Pleased and will have a chat after the game.

GK is a priority for us, Mckeown needs competition to push him on.

Also need a centerback and maybe a wide player.

Fleming ticks most of the boxes we are looking for in a keeper. Potentially an obvious stumbling box is finances, limited funds left to bring in players and center back is more of a priority in terms of budgets.

Mckeown is fine, but more benificial to give Fleming 90 mins.

Still exploring centerbacks, talking to free agents but ones we are talking too are looking for teams higher up the pyramid, if they don't come off hopefully they may be available for us.

Hearn got a tight calf should be training again on Monday.

Cook and Pearson did well for us tonight, both did well against good opposition. Keeping a clean sheet against Championship opposition was a big plus, and we don't see many teams we won't score past next season so keeping clean sheets is a good thing.

Don't know on formations yet, no decision on it, despite what people say. 4-4-2 tonight to see Cook and Pearson together in a front two.

Southwell, too early to think about loaning him out, want 4 strikers fit for every game, so far last two games one striker has been unfit, so Southwell is a vital part and is doing well.

Want to win against Scunny, its a cup game, am sure Scunny want to win too. Need winning habit in pre-season, will be another good test.

Summer has so far gone according to plan apart from not getting a CB yet. Still a few things to work on, but still a while to go before start of season.

No interest in Liam Hearn, or if there is we (the managers) don't know about it, and believes if it was going to happen he would have gone by now. Expect him to be here at start of season unless a silly offer comes in which is unlikely. 2 years left on his contract. Hopefully he has a good start to season and then there probably will be interest in Jan, but that will be a good thing as it means he is doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TownSNAFU5
July 20, 2012, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
Thank for taking to time to note the key points and then post them on here.  Looks like a very honest, frank and positive appraisal of where the club is now.

Also like the desire to have 4 fit strikers challenging for places.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
upthestripes
July 20, 2012, 10:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Many thanks Cod, good effort.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
davmariner
July 21, 2012, 12:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Slightly off topic but does anyone know if the rules have changed regarding how many subs you're allowed to name? If it's gone back up to 7 then Southwell might stand a chance of getting more of a look in.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Super Clive
July 21, 2012, 12:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I think It's still 5 in the bsp.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
The Grim Reaper
July 21, 2012, 12:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Thanks cod.gtfc but why would anyone be sad enough to type it out when its on the bbc web-site for us all to listen to?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
moosey_club
July 21, 2012, 12:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Thank for taking to time to note the key points and then post them on here.  Looks like a very honest, frank and positive appraisal of where the club is now.

Also like the desire to have 4 ft strikers challenging for places.  

Dave Boylen comeback announced !!!  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Southwark Mariner
July 21, 2012, 1:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Thanks cod.gtfc but why would anyone be sad enough to type it out when its on the bbc web-site for us all to listen to?

when I'm at work, I have no speakers so I always find these threads useful (usually on a wednesday)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
80sglory
July 21, 2012, 1:54am
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc
and we don't see many teams we won't score past next season

Thanks cod.
Interesting comment IMO - wondering if it's confidence or just realism...

Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Well I'm buggered if I can find it...  
Reply: 8 - 12
upthestripes
July 21, 2012, 1:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600

Well I'm buggered if I can find it...  

Same here. I'm beginning to wonder if Mr Reaper even had a look before posting that slightly twatish comment.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.