Guest User
carrot top
July 20, 2012, 9:46am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
The new stadium could be on the moon and people still wouldn't want it to go ahead

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
livosnose
July 20, 2012, 9:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from carrot top
The new stadium could be on the moon and people still wouldn't want it to go ahead

moon ? never happen.......

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
Southwark Mariner
July 20, 2012, 9:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I just put the moon into trainline.com but nothing came up. Anyone driving the 238,900 miles got a spare seat?

the same site a one way ticket to Hell leaving in 30mins costs £99 and you have to change at Leeds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
bobbyturtle
July 20, 2012, 10:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I just put the moon into trainline.com but nothing came up. Anyone driving the 238,900 miles got a spare seat?

the same site a one way ticket to Hell leaving in 30mins costs £99 and you have to change at Leeds

Thought we were playing at home tonight

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
marinerian
July 20, 2012, 10:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Oh dear, red squirrels my big fat bum. They are rare in the UK and now some happen to live on the site.

If most of the allotments are rented the council as the land lord only has to give legal notice.

The rest can be paid off with decent offers for their land.

Watford has allotments near the ground.

The crem can work with GTFC to create better parking and a venue for wakes etc.

We have to look at all options and Supermarket if interested in our location should not be turned down"
Look to attract green industry too and make Grimsby a key player in making the Humber the enviromental services capifal of the UK.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
DubaiMariner
July 20, 2012, 10:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
I almost chuckle when old people get stressed about stuff that'll take a few years to happen.....Don't worry mate, you won't be at the alotment, you'll be over the other side of the road in the Crem. FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
July 20, 2012, 10:26am
Guest User
Quoted from DubaiMariner
I almost chuckle when old people get stressed about stuff that'll take a few years to happen.....Don't worry mate, you won't be at the alotment, you'll be over the other side of the road in the Crem. FFS

Reply: 7 - 34
July 20, 2012, 10:30am
Guest User
Quoted from DubaiMariner

Lol  just what I was thinking  
Reply: 8 - 34
ska face
July 20, 2012, 10:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,773
Gold Stars: 851
"He said: "The best part about nannie's allotment is eating the vegetables. I love broccoli!"

Back to the drawing board, John. We can't compete with this kind of local resistance.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
bobbyturtle
July 20, 2012, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from ska face
"He said: "The best part about nannie's allotment is eating the vegetables. I love broccoli!"

Back to the drawing board, John. We can't compete with this kind of local resistance.

Lol

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
Perkins
July 20, 2012, 10:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I presume that most of the allotment owners are Great Coates residents.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
DubaiMariner
July 20, 2012, 10:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Quoted from Perkins
I presume that most of the allotment owners are Great Coates residents.

If not, then they soon will be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Harry Haddock
July 20, 2012, 11:15am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from marinerian
Oh dear, red squirrels my big fat bum. They are rare in the UK and now some happen to live on the site.

More like baby foxes !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Chrisblor
July 20, 2012, 12:28pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,960
Gold Stars: 239
The bloke's name is Lewis Haddock and he's against the Mariner's new stadium?!? That seems wrong to me.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
bluebottle
July 20, 2012, 12:36pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
The stadium is doomed then,allotment owners gathering their forces and protecting their vegetables.No matter what we do as a club,it is well known that you will never beat the " greens ".
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
aaron rattray
July 20, 2012, 12:44pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I could imagine them doing a protest with their pitch forks

What do we want?
No to football
When do want it?
Now

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
barralad
July 20, 2012, 3:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Funniest thread on the Fishy for ages.....Well done all contributors (Yes even you Aaron)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
grimsby pete
July 20, 2012, 4:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Mr Haddock is having a laugh isn't he, ?

By the time the plans go through ( if approved ) and all the money is in place,

The time is would take to do all this and then build the stadium,

He will be long gone  and so will I and many others on here.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
cod.gtfc
July 20, 2012, 4:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from DubaiMariner

haha I thought the same thing when I read the article this morning!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
Wrawby_Mariner
July 20, 2012, 4:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
North East Lincolnshire Council manages allotments across the Grimsby and Cleethorpes area. All plots are on secure sites with locked gates except for the Saltings site which is open from dawn to dusk.

Carr Lane allotments (entrances off Lestrange Street in Cleethorpes and Beeley Road in Grimsby)
Littlecoates allotments (entrance off Lister Street in Grimsby)
Peaksfield allotments (entrance off Weelsby Avenue, Grimsby opposite the crematorium)
Saltings allotments (entrance off Littlefield Lane in Grimsby)
Springfield allotments (entrance off Springfield Road in Grimsby)
Weelsby allotments (entrance off Garton Grove in Grimsby)
Winchester allotments (entrance off Laceby Road opposite Norwich Avenue in Grimsby)

Surely these sites aren't all packed out and they can be moved on to one these sites
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 20 - 34
kingofthekippers
July 20, 2012, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
I don't quite see how it is an over-reaction. Not everyone likes football and of those that do not all like Grimsby Town; it's a shocker I know but there you have it.

It might be funny to belittle those folks as simple old coffin-dodgers but each to their own. I'm not one for gardening but others are, you have to respect this. If the club are to succeed this time around they need to engage with people like this rather than ignore them as they effectively did with the people at Great Coates.

For the record I think the new site is a terrible choice with awful road connections - Peakes Parkway and adjacent town centre roads are a mare on a Saturday afternoon anyway without hundreds more cars jamming up the system, it is next to the cemetery and crem and near a hospice all of which is manna from heaven for any opposition campaign. And whereas the last campaign involved residents from one village any opposition now could cover a larger area - Scartho, New Waltham and Park Ward.

The only reason I can think of that this land has been proposed is because the council own it and stand to get a big dollop of cash if it is sold with planning permission for a retail development. Whether it is the right plot is something else.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
kingofthekippers
July 20, 2012, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
North East Lincolnshire Council manages allotments across the Grimsby and Cleethorpes area. All plots are on secure sites with locked gates except for the Saltings site which is open from dawn to dusk.

Carr Lane allotments (entrances off Lestrange Street in Cleethorpes and Beeley Road in Grimsby)
Littlecoates allotments (entrance off Lister Street in Grimsby)
Peaksfield allotments (entrance off Weelsby Avenue, Grimsby opposite the crematorium)
Saltings allotments (entrance off Littlefield Lane in Grimsby)
Springfield allotments (entrance off Springfield Road in Grimsby)
Weelsby allotments (entrance off Garton Grove in Grimsby)
Winchester allotments (entrance off Laceby Road opposite Norwich Avenue in Grimsby)

Surely these sites aren't all packed out and they can be moved on to one these sites

Moving them to new sites misses the point. Many allotment holders take years to get their plots to how they want them; getting the soil conditions right can take a year in itself. For them it is an emotional investment - similar to one mnay fans put into their club - and to suggest they can be moved just like that is an affront to those people. It's like saying move the Mariners to Glanford Park - after all what's the problem, it's a football ground isn't it and aren't they all the same?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
GodHelpUs
July 20, 2012, 5:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from kingofthekippers
I don't quite see how it is an over-reaction. Not everyone likes football and of those that do not all like Grimsby Town; it's a shocker I know but there you have it.

It might be funny to belittle those folks as simple old coffin-dodgers but each to their own. I'm not one for gardening but others are, you have to respect this. If the club are to succeed this time around they need to engage with people like this rather than ignore them as they effectively did with the people at Great Coates.

For the record I think the new site is a terrible choice with awful road connections - Peakes Parkway and adjacent town centre roads are a mare on a Saturday afternoon anyway without hundreds more cars jamming up the system, it is next to the cemetery and crem and near a hospice all of which is manna from heaven for any opposition campaign. And whereas the last campaign involved residents from one village any opposition now could cover a larger area - Scartho, New Waltham and Park Ward.

The only reason I can think of that this land has been proposed is because the council own it and stand to get a big dollop of cash if it is sold with planning permission for a retail development. Whether it is the right plot is something else.

I agree with the sentiments about those who have the allotments and feel there has to be meaningful consultation with them.  

Could not agree less as far as far as the road system is concerned however. Peakes Parkway is as good as it gets as far as road infrastructure is concerned other than the A180 - and there isn't any available land round there anymore.

I don't know what the financial details will be but would imagine that any "dollop of cash" will be used to fund the development.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Dan
July 20, 2012, 5:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Just build a ground like this and they can farm the roof
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_Park,_Dartford][IMG]http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/overview-thumb.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
Wrawby_Mariner
July 20, 2012, 5:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6

Moving them to new sites misses the point. Many allotment holders take years to get their plots to how they want them; getting the soil conditions right can take a year in itself. For them it is an emotional investment - similar to one mnay fans put into their club - and to suggest they can be moved just like that is an affront to those people. It's like saying move the Mariners to Glanford Park - after all what's the problem, it's a football ground isn't it and aren't they all the same?

What happens if the local council wants to dispose of the land?
If your local council wants to sell a permanent allotment site, it must have the consent of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
The allotment provider must also fulfill certain conditions, including consulting with plotholders.
If the application is successful, the council has to provide an alternative site. If a statutory allotment provider ends a tenancy, the plotholder is entitled to compensation.
If your allotment is temporary or on privately owned land, then the Secretary of State's consent is not required. However, the allotment authority will usually still need to give you 12 months' notice.

I'm sure people complained when the Government had a compulsory purchase order in place for the Olympic sites, but it had to be done. People need to get their head from up the clouds and realise that a boost to our local economy is far more important than their carrots and stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 25 - 34
July 20, 2012, 5:30pm
Guest User
Doesn't take long for the misery's on here to spoil a thread having a laugh at a ridiculous story about mr haddock and co having a panic and declaring all out war against GTFC, I bet even the telegaph reporter was pissing himself just to clarify the club has looked at the area as a possible relocation for a new ground no plans in place no jcb's or anything yet.
If and it's a big if this ever goes ahead, mr haddock will be long gone unless he's planning on living another 90 years if so I think il get myself a plot as for Charlie dimmock she's just jumping on the bandwagon and i am pretty sure the council would make provisions there's hundreds of places to stick some scruffy allotments, But only a few places for a new stadium that would benefit a lot more people.
Reply: 26 - 34
barralad
July 20, 2012, 7:25pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 2578
Doesn't take long for the misery's on here to spoil a thread having a laugh at a ridiculous story about mr haddock and co having a panic and declaring all out war against GTFC, I bet even the telegaph reporter was pissing himself just to clarify the club has looked at the area as a possible relocation for a new ground no plans in place no jcb's or anything yet.
If and it's a big if this ever goes ahead, mr haddock will be long gone unless he's planning on living another 90 years if so I think il get myself a plot as for Charlie dimmock she's just jumping on the bandwagon and i am pretty sure the council would make provisions there's hundreds of places to stick some scruffy allotments, But only a few places for a new stadium that would benefit a lot more people.

At the risk of losing my left wing misery label I have to agree with you (except for the bit about scruffy allotments). As for the club having to reach out to the allotment holders won't that be the job of N.E.Lincs council.
On a separate note I wonder whether any of them would be averse to being bought out? A real test for their green credentials when money is offered.  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
kingofthekippers
July 20, 2012, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
It's not a question about being a misery, it is about the reaction of some on here who belittle others who have a hobby that may affect the plans of the football club. It is then dressed up as having 'a larf'. I'm sure if a Hull City fan came on here tonight having a go at Town, saying what a shitty little club it was, a bunch of non-league no hopers, and then said it was just a laugh we'd all be splitting our sides.

And Barra I'm surprised; taking the side of private enterprise and the might of city hall over the little man?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
TownSNAFU5
July 20, 2012, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,906
Gold Stars: 42
We should go on the waiting list for allotments and gradually dilute the resistance to the new stadium.  Undermine from within. Surely we are a match for Mr Haddock and his cronies?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
Southwark Mariner
July 20, 2012, 7:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
haha Humberside Radio pretty much just quoted Aaron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
barralad
July 20, 2012, 7:52pm
Mariners Trust
It's not a question about being a misery, it is about the reaction of some on here who belittle others who have a hobby that may affect the plans of the football club. It is then dressed up as having 'a larf'. I'm sure if a Hull City fan came on here tonight having a go at Town, saying what a shitty little club it was, a bunch of non-league no hopers, and then said it was just a laugh we'd all be splitting our sides.

And Barra I'm surprised; taking the side of private enterprise and the might of city hall over the little man?  

Au contraire: I've been chased off allotments many times as a kid whilst trying to invoke a policy of true socialist beliefs by liberating some of the produce to share with those less fortunate i.e. me

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
marinerian
July 20, 2012, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We should go on the waiting list for allotments and gradually dilute the resistance to the new stadium.  Undermine from within. Surely we are a match for Mr Haddock and his cronies?

I like it, we could poison the ground with a variety of weeds and no I do not mean digging a hole and leaving Aarron in it!  

As a tenant you do not have many rights as once notice is given the time has to be given to see it out.

Maybe the council and GTFC could offer to help with the running of a community garden centre, with allotments, so local gardners can sell their produce with their rental fee going into local charitable projects.

They need to include the gardners and show they want to provide a solution but will not except silly demands!.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
aaron rattray
July 21, 2012, 8:28am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
haha Humberside Radio pretty much just quoted Aaron.

Obviously they like me  

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
Les Brechin
July 21, 2012, 9:30am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,718
Gold Stars: 174
And it's given our friend Mr Mickleburgh yet another reason to write to the Telegraph asking how people who rely on buses will get to the ground if it's built there.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Overreaction of the week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.