This thread currently has 513 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
July 20, 2012, 6:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Boot packed. Cider - check; red wine - check; sleeping bag and tent - check. Looks like being a decent weekend, weather's cleared up over the last 36 hours, and it's supposed to be cloudy with sunny spells. Won't be watching many of the headline acts, bar Texas. Spend most of my time now in the Scooter tent mainly reggae, but with the (very) odd act that is totally different. Last year it was a heavy metal rockabilly band. Bad Manners headlining in the tent this year, and if they're anything like they were a few years back when they came it'll be good.
Flit between there and the Emerging Scottish Talent, which as the name suggests showcases the best in the new up and coming Scots bands, A weekend of good rock music, drink, and good friends...can't be beat. It's great not being the oldest rocker in town as well, there's hunnerds more older than me, and I'm 58!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
July 20, 2012, 5:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Sounds a good do John, My kind a weekend, Hope you enjoy it - Let us know how it went won't ya ?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
moosey_club
July 20, 2012, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from jock dock tower
Boot packed. Cider - check; red wine - check; sleeping bag and tent - check. Looks like being a decent weekend, weather's cleared up over the last 36 hours, and it's supposed to be cloudy with sunny spells. Won't be watching many of the headline acts, bar Texas. Spend most of my time now in the Scooter tent mainly reggae, but with the (very) odd act that is totally different. Last year it was a heavy metal rockabilly band. Bad Manners headlining in the tent this year, and if they're anything like they were a few years back when they came it'll be good.
Flit between there and the Emerging Scottish Talent, which as the name suggests showcases the best in the new up and coming Scots bands, A weekend of good rock music, drink, and good friends...can't be beat. It's great not being the oldest rocker in town as well, there's hunnerds more older than me, and I'm 58!

I stayed in the Elgowan Hotel, Creetown a few weeks ago in the very same hotel bar where the bar scenes in the original Wickerman film were shot.
However due to film trickery the actual Green Man pub that Eddy Woody is seen walking into from the outside in the film is not The Elgowan where the inside bar scenes where shot.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
jock dock tower
July 22, 2012, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Just back, and it was a cracking festival. Didn't even rain. Couldn't even get in the marquee to see Bad manners - it was heaving, and there were perhaps 500 folk in the queue hoping somebody would be coming out so they could get in!
Texas were absolutely brilliant, and I think I'm in love with Charlene Spitteri. No drink came home with me, so it was a convivial kind of weekend, saw lots of new bands and heard some great music - bar the incessant bass thudding out from the Dance tent until 6 o'clock both mornings, which made sleep nigh on impossible.
Back next year......

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just heading off to the Wickerman Festival

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.