5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
July 19, 2012, 6:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
It has they've it back though. I can imagine its taking a while to fine tune the content what with it being a completely new template.

Wouldn't the sensible thing be to 'fine tune' it first, then release it???

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
The Grim Reaper
July 19, 2012, 6:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
here's a excrement design for you - designed by an 8 year old. Can anyone remember when web-sites looked like this?

http://www.thefishy.co.uk

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Ollie
July 19, 2012, 6:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +24 / -4
Its horrible!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
Wrawby_Mariner
July 19, 2012, 6:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from voice of reason

Wouldn't the sensible thing be to 'fine tune' it first, then release it???

Probably so, but trialing it online to see whats working and what isn't is probably the best way to go as there is only so much you can do when you preview in the admin section of it. Anyhow my experience isn't in web design so I'm probably wrong.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 13 - 41
voice of reason
July 19, 2012, 6:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Probably so, but trialing it online to see whats working and what isn't is probably the best way to go as there is only so much you can do when you preview in the admin section of it. Anyhow my experience isn't in web design so I'm probably wrong.  

Nope I haven't any experience either, although I did think you could make it 'live' but restrict the access?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
somersetmariner
July 19, 2012, 6:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
here's a excrement design for you - designed by an 8 year old. Can anyone remember when web-sites looked like this?

http://www.thefishy.co.uk

People like you really annoy me

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
Wrawby_Mariner
July 19, 2012, 6:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from voice of reason

Nope I haven't any experience either, although I did think you could make it 'live' but restrict the access?

Either way, someone would have commented that the website was down if access was restricted so I guess they had the best intentions.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 16 - 41
LeeGTFC
July 19, 2012, 7:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1
I quite like the design. A lot of the mentions against the website seem to be content based, rather than the design. If there is contact section why not e-mail them and ask if something is going to be done to amend whatever grievance you have. If you're going to criticise something like this, at least be constructive and let them know. As someone with a degree in Applied Computing, when developing a website, I find feedback is a huge factor in producing something that the majority of the customer base will like. Think of it like this, if you designed something it's obvious you're going to like it and other people may not. The only way around this is customer feedback, so if you want something done about it get in touch with them and provide constructive feedback!

One final thing -  Remember when the BBC Sport design changed, I remember a lot of negative feedback initially, until people got used to it. People don't like change and take a while to adapt to new things!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
bradzmilne
July 19, 2012, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from FFS
FFS ad infinitum

Cheers mate  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
cod.gtfc
July 19, 2012, 7:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Quoted from LeeGTFC
I quite like the design. A lot of the mentions against the website seem to be content based, rather than the design. If there is contact section why not e-mail them and ask if something is going to be done to amend whatever grievance you have. If you're going to criticise something like this, at least be constructive and let them know. As someone with a degree in Applied Computing, when developing a website, I find feedback is a huge factor in producing something that the majority of the customer base will like. Think of it like this, if you designed something it's obvious you're going to like it and other people may not. The only way around this is customer feedback, so if you want something done about it get in touch with them and provide constructive feedback!

One final thing -  Remember when the BBC Sport design changed, I remember a lot of negative feedback initially, until people got used to it. People don't like change and take a while to adapt to new things!

Unfortunately I don't think GTFC itself has much say in the design, its the generic football site that most clubs use nowadays with the "player" thingy isn't it? Hence why they are all the same. The design  is shocking compared to what it did look like, as for the content that is missing hopefully it will re-appear at some point, but I don't hold out much hope. The other sites that have changed over to the new design, over a week ago don't have links to any of the stats or whatever which used to be there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town official *new, crap* website

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.