Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 57 Guests

The BIG 433 question

This thread currently has 751 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
80sglory
July 18, 2012, 9:51pm
Guest User
We've heard all the debates, pros and cons, arguments and counter-arguments.

But maybe one other question remains...

If Hearn was in the centre (and not left), would you mind 433 ?

Please don't say "If it works I don't mind".
I'm asking you to either reserve judgement or say whether we should be willing to start 433 come kick off on August 11th.

Personally I'm reserving judgement on it (won't bore anyone by repeating why)

Just thought it could be an interesting poll...
aaron rattray
July 19, 2012, 7:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I put yes i don't like the formation

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
cod.gtfc
July 19, 2012, 7:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
No because I don't think it will work with Hearn in the center, whoever is in the center should be a targetman.

As I said in another thread 4-3-3 is a narrow formation, if its done right the wide attackers are not wingers like some suggest. Hearn on the left/right of the three wouldn't be wide. Clearly we are not doing it right yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 19, 2012, 7:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The managers have brought in 2 full backs with a decent reputation for getting forward and giving width, plus the midfield yard dog that people on here have been arguing for. They also want Disley to get forward more. Looks very much as though 3 in midfield is their preference. The forwards could be 2 central strikers with someone (Soares?) just behind, or three strikers or two strikers and a winger or two wingers and a striker, or if we were were Spain it could be 3 midfield players.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Mighty_Mariner
July 19, 2012, 11:25am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,263
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from cod.gtfc
No because I don't think it will work with Hearn in the center, whoever is in the center should be a targetman.

As I said in another thread 4-3-3 is a narrow formation, if its done right the wide attackers are not wingers like some suggest. Hearn on the left/right of the three wouldn't be wide. Clearly we are not doing it right yet.

Jason York played in the centre of the 3 for York and they did ok... Andy Mangan and Jamie Vardy rotated the centre position between them and they did ok! all 3 are the same height or smaller than Liam Hearn!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
roundballovalhole
July 19, 2012, 11:46am
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
We've heard all the debates, pros and cons, arguments and counter-arguments.

But maybe one other question remains...

If Hearn was in the centre (and not left), would you mind 433 ?

Please don't say "If it works I don't mind".
I'm asking you to either reserve judgement or say whether we should be willing to start 433 come kick off on August 11th.

Personally I'm reserving judgement on it (won't bore anyone by repeating why)

Just thought it could be an interesting poll...

Your condescending manner on here last season appears to have been surpassed by the one you are sporting this coming one!!!

"Please don't say "If it works I don't mind"."    What a b'lend you are 80's, dictating questions, dictating how people should answer.  Suggesting hearn should play in the middle of 3 up front. . . . you clearly have a very poor grasp of the concepts of football formations (but then choose to masquerade it as if you are a master tactician)

Is it even a big question?  In your mind yes clearly.

I have said many a time on here that how fans support a football club is completely up to them.  Your particular brand of supporting appears to be based on extensive experience of playing football manager simulations and then transferring this hard-earned knowledge and banding it about as if you have just inveneted total football.

I think you are the most annoying poster on here, more annoying than rattray, reality man, me. . .  the lot!

I hope you have a great response to your polling the idea of playing an out and out striker as a big target man up front, I won't be voting!!

Now bore off you firking cutnpaste!!!

Reply: 5 - 8
ClarkeyUTM
July 19, 2012, 2:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / -1
It might get to the point where we have two set ups, with 4-4-2 having Elding partner Hearn up front and 4-3-3 using Soares / Colbeck / Pearson either side of Cook. Obviously that wouldn't be set in stone as Pearson and Cook can play up front in a two but based on what we've seen so far, Elding and Hearn haven't been suited to 4-3-3 at all and they did well enough as a two last season while the dribbling and directness of Soares and Colbeck may well better be suited out wide of a three. Cook has to be in the middle if we're playing 4-3-3 IMO.

I'd like to see us play 4-3-3 tomorrow night for another look, with a Hearn - Cook - Colbeck line-up. We've still got plenty of games left to experiment and find the right formula.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Super Clive
July 19, 2012, 6:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from 1054

Your condescending manner on here last season appears to have been surpassed by the one you are sporting this coming one!!!

"Please don't say "If it works I don't mind"."    What a b'lend you are 80's, dictating questions, dictating how people should answer.  Suggesting hearn should play in the middle of 3 up front. . . . you clearly have a very poor grasp of the concepts of football formations (but then choose to masquerade it as if you are a master tactician)

Is it even a big question?  In your mind yes clearly.

I have said many a time on here that how fans support a football club is completely up to them.  Your particular brand of supporting appears to be based on extensive experience of playing football manager simulations and then transferring this hard-earned knowledge and banding it about as if you have just inveneted total football.

I think you are the most annoying poster on here, more annoying than rattray, reality man, me. . .  the lot!

I hope you have a great response to your polling the idea of playing an out and out striker as a big target man up front, I won't be voting!!

Now bore off you firking cutnpaste!!!

shut it.

Another long educated response from me to win an argument. Get in!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
80sglory
July 19, 2012, 7:14pm
Guest User
Say what you like, it's water off a ducks back for me.

Not my intention but tbf maybe you're right and "If it works I don't mind"." came across a bit condascending.
(though why I should concede that to you after swearing at me I'm not sure)
Just trying to make a distinction between voting and seeing what happens but I cocked my logic up so fair enough, I'll give you that one.

For the record I thought it might be an interesting poll cos I wondered if people don't like 4-3-3 cos Hearn is on the left.
Looking at the poll result so far, obviously not !

For what it's worth I'm not convinced by 433 OR Hearn on the left yet either, but suprised at your outburst.
You say you're not voting and seem to have taken offence at a mere question !  

So be it, I'm sure life will carry on regardless...  
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The BIG 433 question

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.