2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
marinette
July 18, 2012, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Syria for instance.  It's almost impossible to know what's really going on and who's doing what, as there are so many conflicting reports.  To quote the BBC this morning:

'The rebels and the government often publish contradictory accounts of the same incidents.  Western journalists are under heavy restrictions in Syria, making it difficult to verify the claims of either side.'

It's so easy to get swept up in all the emotional condemnation by the popular media, without really knowing the facts.  Me, I like a good conspiracy theory, but even this one's complicated.

[url]http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=29596[/url]

Private Message
upthestripes
July 18, 2012, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Well if that's a genuine leak then it's surely worthless now it's become viewable to the whole world?
The thing is, for an intelligent species, we are so utterly predictable and pathetically easy to control/manipulate that I sometimes wonder whether we don't deserve to be used by those who can fully see that.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
kingofthekippers
July 18, 2012, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
My favourite conspiracy theory was the one in which the United States deliberately engineered a global depression in the 1930's, knowing the knock-on effect in Europe would be the rise of facism and Germany becoming a newly-armed aggressor state that would ultimately lead to war in Europe and then the world, to which the Yanks would step in and win thus laying down the post-war American Imperialistic consumerism that we have today.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
jamesgtfc
July 18, 2012, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
I believe that our media is limited.

At Grimsby Institute there are loads of Chinese students. If you tell them about bad things happening in China they don't believe it. Their media only reports the good and to some extent this happens in the UK. I am sure there are events reported in other countries that we don't know about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
marinette
July 18, 2012, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
I try to be open minded about David Icke, but sometimes you can be so open minded that your brain falls out.  Just been reading about him on Wikipedia:

'At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[3]'  [Boxcar Willie??]

'He [Icke] stood for parliament in the UK in July 2008 as "Big Brother—The Big Picture" in the Haltemprice and Howden by-election, coming 12th with 110 votes and losing his deposit. He explained that he stood because, "if we don't face this now we are going to have some serious explaining to do when we are asked by our children and grandchildren what we were doing when the global fascist state was installed. 'I was watching EastEnders, dear' will not be good enough."

I do like John Pilger  and the films of Michael Moore (Fahrenheit 9/11; Bowling for Columbine; Sicko).

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
upthestripes
July 18, 2012, 10:10pm

Vodka Drinker
I've actually come to dislike the word 'conspiracy' as well. It now carries connotations of geeky loons who pluck random crap out the air, but I think this is unfair, many of these theories can be substantiated to at least some degree (although maybe not the reptiloid stuff!) and have strong arguments and reasons for existing. I try to keep as open a mind as possible and look at all versions of any story to decide which I think is more convincing. Some people do latch on to any old theory though which to me is just as bad and sheep-like as the people who swallow official lines without any questions asked or doubt sufacing (and these are many).

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
grimsby pete
July 19, 2012, 10:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from marinette
I try to be open minded about David Icke, but sometimes you can be so open minded that your brain falls out.  Just been reading about him on Wikipedia:

'At the heart of his theories lies the idea that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[3]'  [Boxcar Willie??]

'He [Icke] stood for parliament in the UK in July 2008 as "Big Brother—The Big Picture" in the Haltemprice and Howden by-election, coming 12th with 110 votes and losing his deposit. He explained that he stood because, "if we don't face this now we are going to have some serious explaining to do when we are asked by our children and grandchildren what we were doing when the global fascist state was installed. 'I was watching EastEnders, dear' will not be good enough."

Its all true marinette, I know its true TRUST ME !!!!!!    

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
marinette
July 19, 2012, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Its all true marinette, I know its true TRUST ME !!!!!!    

I do, Pete - I really do.  

Such a contrast in reactions to yesterday's bombing in Syria.

The Syrian goverment has described the attacks as being carried out by 'armed terrorists backed by outside powers'.  Whatever the justification for the killing, it certainly wasn't legal - the victims weren't tried in a court of law.  

'The head of the UN monitoring mission, Gen Robert Mood, condemned the attack and said he had sent condolences to the victims' families.'

The US, however, appears to be regarding it as something of a triumph:  '"I think the incident today makes clear that Assad is losing control," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. '  

David Cameron is even more blatant:  'UK Prime Minister David Cameron said Mr Assad should step down.'  Would he step down if half of his cabinet was blown to bits?  Mrs Thatcher didn't even consider the notion of stepping down when her hotel was bombed by the IRA in Brighton.  

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
upthestripes
July 19, 2012, 2:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinette

The US, however, appears to be regarding it as something of a triumph:  '"I think the incident today makes clear that Assad is losing control," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters. '  

David Cameron is even more blatant:  'UK Prime Minister David Cameron said Mr Assad should step down.'  Would he step down if half of his cabinet was blown to bits?  Mrs Thatcher didn't even consider the notion of stepping down when her hotel was bombed by the IRA in Brighton.  

Well well well! VERY interesting....
Suppose it now boils down to whether you believe in coincidence!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
biggles9999
July 19, 2012, 2:29pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from marinette

I do, Pete - I really do.  

Such a contrast between the UN and other Arab nations' reactions to yesterday's bombing in Syria.

The Syrian goverment has described the attacks as being carried out by 'armed terrorists backed by outside powers'.  Whatever the justification for the killing, it certainly wasn't legal - the victims weren't tried in a court of law.  

'The head of the UN monitoring mission, Gen Robert Mood, condemned the attack and said he had sent condolences to the victims' families.'

Its a superiority complex of Western Democracy over all other forms of government. Britain, American and a few others would love to see these governments fail so that others can be implemented and make them more open to trading and giving better options for our country.

I personally believe that Democracy is the best system of the many alternatives, although it still has several flaws. However at a time when equality is being preached why can our Government's not leave the choices of other countries alone and respect them.

P.S. I do respect the fact that sometimes we cannot ignore things and get involved, but that should really only be the case when atrocities are being commited.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › News reports and confusion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.