This thread currently has 1,994 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
brad_gtfc
July 17, 2012, 2:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Barry Hayles was a beast that game, cant recall who we had centre halfs be absolutely dominated them. Didn't Rids score with his right peg?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
marinerian
July 17, 2012, 4:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from 75

I was a disgrace to the club that day, will hold my hands up. I was drinking green cider before the game, blimey! Rocket fuel, make no mistake. Strangely enough, I can't remember anything about that game.

You were snarling at Town fans in the way to the station. You looked lost and the lads copulated off and left you. You looked like you could spew at any moment  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Maringer
July 17, 2012, 4:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Barry Hayles was a beast that game, cant recall who we had centre halfs be absolutely dominated them. Didn't Rids score with his right peg?

Yeah, he was up supporting a break-away, cut inside the defender and belted one into the top corner with his right foot, possibly with the help of a deflection. I seem to remember loads of people on the Fishy claiming Colgan should have done better when he really didn't have a chance with that one! I suppose that he missed enough easy ones throughout the course of that season that it seems harsh to try and blame him for something which wasn't his fault.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Abdul19
July 17, 2012, 7:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Hammond was also a 'former Premier League star/international footballer' named on that awful Channel 4 programme about drugs in football last year.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
gary_elton
July 17, 2012, 8:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 75

I was a disgrace to the club that day, will hold my hands up. I was drinking green cider before the game, blimey! Rocket fuel, make no mistake. Strangely enough, I can't remember anything about that game.

I remember me and Ian passing you after the game and Ian suggested it be a good idea to move quick in case you wanted a lift ha ha ha you were rolling more than a cross channel ferry in a force 9 gale ha ha

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
fiveallive
July 17, 2012, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
How quickly a player can fall from grace, big things were expected of him in his Fulham days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
gary_elton
July 17, 2012, 9:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I seem to recall town were looking at him ( ? ) at one stage... did he not play for Leicester City too ???
no doubt someone will tell me if I'm wrong...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Woking player jailed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.