Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 66 Guests

Cut price fish

This thread currently has 2,688 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
July 16, 2012, 9:50pm
Guest User
Now then chaps,

I have a one day fish round in Nottinghamshire. Sometimes I have fish left at the end of the day. As it's Fresh Fish, I like to sell it on locally for pretty much cost price.

By ordering a bit more than I probably need, it means my last customers still have a decent choice of fish. I only sell fresh fish, it's top stuff.

I have a list of people I text, always on a Thursday. If anyone wants to buy cod, haddock, salmon, mackerel, sea bass etc then pm me your number if you are local to GY / Clee. Cheaper than supermarkets and a hell of a lot better.

PM me your mobile number if interested.

More info on my website: http://www.jasonsfreshgrimsbyfish.co.uk
jock dock tower
July 16, 2012, 10:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
BTW Jason, thanks for the info re fish merchants in Riby Street. Returned north after the Grimsby Borough game with 1 stone of haddock - only 12 fillets, so all 1lb plus; 1/2 stone of naturally oak smoked haddock, same size; and ditto with Hake fillets, but these were all 2lb plus! F***ing brilliant.

Did my good lady and myself tonight Cullen Skink, which is about as near as you can get to a foodie orgasm. Did enough to have tomorrow night as well.

Ironic isn't it? Majority of fish landed in Grimsby travels down overnight from Peterhead and Aberdeen, and I probably passed some of them heading north on Thursday! Can't wait for the next trip down in September.....

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
upthestripes
July 16, 2012, 11:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Bloody hell John your car must've stank!

Wish I lived in town just for this, been ages since I had a bit of fresh fish.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
July 17, 2012, 8:31am
Guest User
Pleased you got sorted Jock!
Reply: 3 - 15
jock dock tower
July 17, 2012, 12:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes
Bloody hell John your car must've stank!

Wish I lived in town just for this, been ages since I had a bit of fresh fish.

I took a veritable army of large cool boxes doon with me. Wasn't going to have that lot anywhere in the car open to the elements!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
DoggerBank
July 17, 2012, 4:37pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Quoted from jock dock tower
BTW Jason, thanks for the info re fish merchants in Riby Street. Returned north after the Grimsby Borough game with 1 stone of haddock - only 12 fillets, so all 1lb plus; 1/2 stone of naturally oak smoked haddock, same size; and ditto with Hake fillets, but these were all 2lb plus! F***ing brilliant.

Did my good lady and myself tonight Cullen Skink, which is about as near as you can get to a foodie orgasm. Did enough to have tomorrow night as well.

Ironic isn't it? Majority of fish landed in Grimsby travels down overnight from Peterhead and Aberdeen, and I probably passed some of them heading north on Thursday! Can't wait for the next trip down in September.....

No it doesnt,very little comes from any Scottish ports, thier fleets have also been savaged by decommisioning as in Grimsby.
There have been little or no fishing from Aberdeen since the early 1980's it is predomanently oil related vessels.
Aberdeen is owned by ABP and was subject to restrictive working practices,wereas only redgistered dock workers were allowed to discharge the vessels as in Grimsby were 'lumpers'were only allowed by law to discharge catches.
As a result almost all Aberdeen vessels left for Peterhead and Fraserborough,which are not ABP ports and allow crew to discharge thier own catches.
90% of Grimsbys fish comes from Iceland and to a lesser extent Faroe and is landed in Immingham by fast reefer vessels,then by road to Grimsby.
We send fish Peterhead all small Haddocks and Whiting go to Peterhead as they have a better market for small stuff

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
jock dock tower
July 17, 2012, 6:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
[quote=839]

No it doesnt,very little comes from any Scottish ports, thier fleets have also been savaged by decommisioning as in Grimsby.
There have been little or no fishing from Aberdeen since the early 1980's it is predomanently oil related vessels.
Aberdeen is owned by ABP and was subject to restrictive working practices,wereas only redgistered dock workers were allowed to discharge the vessels as in Grimsby were 'lumpers'were only allowed by law to discharge catches.
As a result almost all Aberdeen vessels left for Peterhead and Fraserborough,which are not ABP ports and allow crew to discharge thier own catches.
90% of Grimsbys fish comes from Iceland and to a lesser extent Faroe and is landed in Immingham by fast reefer vessels,then by road to Grimsby.
We send fish Peterhead all small Haddocks and Whiting go to Peterhead as they have a better market for small stuff

I stand corrected, thankyou. Can't you keep those poxy wee haddocks?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
barralad
July 17, 2012, 8:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from DoggerBank

Thanks for that. I too was under the impression that our fish came overland from N.E. Scotland

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
aaron rattray
July 18, 2012, 6:20am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Some of the fish found in the sea here goes to liecester

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
topuphere666
July 18, 2012, 6:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from aaron rattray
Some of the fish found in the sea here goes to liecester

I also heard it goes to leicester.

The fish from Gy ends up in a lot of places. I had fresh haddock in London!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
jamesgtfc
July 18, 2012, 9:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
I work with a few Yorkies and today one of them remarked "us Yorkies look out for eachother unlike you codheads" to which I replied "actually, we eat the much classier haddock"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
north wall
July 19, 2012, 1:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
how long have you had a fish round and as for Fresh Fish in Grimsby its all at least a week old so personally i stick to some quality frozen at sea
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
July 19, 2012, 10:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from north wall
how long have you had a fish round and as for Fresh Fish in Grimsby its all at least a week old so personally i stick to some quality frozen at sea

18 months, my fish is the dogs balderdash.
Reply: 12 - 15
July 19, 2012, 10:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from north wall

18 months, my fish is the dogs balderdash. I've a huge customer base that agrees with me.
Reply: 13 - 15
jock dock tower
July 20, 2012, 6:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 75

18 months, my fish is the dogs balderdash. I've a huge customer base that agrees with me.

Is he 32 stone?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
July 20, 2012, 12:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from jock dock tower

Is he 32 stone?

Got rid of that one. He used to greet me at his door shirtless - it made me sick and wasn't worth a couple of kippers.
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cut price fish

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.