Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponging Royals.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 53 Guests

Sponging Royals.

This thread currently has 562 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
July 2, 2012, 8:44pm
Guest User
So it's been reported today that  the royal family only cost every man, woman and child 52p a year, but when you consider only about half the population are taxpayers 52p becomes a hell of a lot more, besides this fanciful figure is just the tip of the iceberg when you consider things like security and unpaid taxes (picked up by the government).
I realise I am in a minority in getting rid of the monarchy but I think people like me should at least be giving the choice on whether we want to chip in and pay for these leeches, something like a tick box should be produced for tax payers ie, if you are happy to contribute to the £100 million+ it cost to keep them tick yes and pay your percentage, simple.
FishOutOfWater
July 2, 2012, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,587
Gold Stars: 37
I was looking forward to a tasty debate on the merits of the Battenberg versus the Victoria Sponge...

But yeah when it comes to the Royals I might be tempted to go for a similar sort of topping that the French dished out to their aristocracy
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 2
fiveallive
July 3, 2012, 1:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
I agree we should get rid of royal family what they ever done for us the queen could help the economy but she dosen't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sponging Royals.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.