3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Trawler
July 2, 2012, 11:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
So we won't know if our opening game might be moved to August 10th until Premier Sports pull their finger out....

tweeted by Alan Alger ‏@AlanBlueSquare
News from @PremierSportsTV - they've not yet picked game to move to the 10th August - so please be AWARE when fixtures released today! #BSBP

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Liam94
July 2, 2012, 11:42am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Can't stand Alan Alger he's a sharp object on twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
BIGChris
July 2, 2012, 11:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from Trawler
So we won't know if our opening game might be moved to August 10th until Premier Sports pull their finger out....

News from @PremierSportsTV - they've not yet picked game to move to the 10th August - so please be AWARE when fixtures released today! #BSBP

The clubs have to agree to any switch and i dont think GTFC would find it acceptable as it loses us money.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
psgmariner
July 2, 2012, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Trawler

That's rubbish. Won't complain if it is an away game miles away though.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
gtfc98
July 2, 2012, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BIGChris

The clubs have to agree to any switch and i dont think GTFC would find it acceptable as it loses us money.

This is my argument with this. We get a tiny amout of cash from it being televised and lose out on gate receipts. The concept of it is completely unworkable, who the hell negotiated the tv deal?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
psgmariner
July 2, 2012, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

This is my argument with this. We get a tiny amout of cash from it being televised and lose out on gate receipts. The concept of it is completely unworkable, who the hell negotiated the tv deal?

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/board_of_directors.php

Chose it ahead of a BBC highlights show as well. Idiots. There is simply not enough demand for live non league football.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
gtfc98
July 2, 2012, 11:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from psgmariner

Chose it ahead of a BBC highlights show as well. Idiots. There is simply not enough demand for live non league football.

What a bunch of no-hopers. Surprised they haven't invited Furneaux to join the gentlemens club.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
GollyGTFC
July 2, 2012, 12:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,991
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from psgmariner

Not true. The BBC deal was for highlights (basically goals) to be available for local news only and to tack on to other sports shows as BBC wanted too. It wouldn't have been an exclusive show of Conference highlights of all matches like the Football League Show. Also, it was a 1-year deal offered when Setanta went mammaries up (June 2009). The Conference turned it down and had no TV deal for 2009-10. So, even if they had taken the deal there is no evidence to say the BBC (in an era of cost cutting) would have had either the desire or means to renew.

Should Premier Sports finally persuade Virgin Media to put them on their cable service as part of one of their packages (M+, L or XL) then the exposure will rise significantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 21
Super Clive
July 2, 2012, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
They also need to stream through their website etc.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
psgmariner
July 2, 2012, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Not true. The BBC deal was for highlights (basically goals) to be available for local news only and to tack on to other sports shows as BBC wanted too. It wouldn't have been an exclusive show of Conference highlights of all matches like the Football League Show. Also, it was a 1-year deal offered when Setanta went mammaries up (June 2009). The Conference turned it down and had no TV deal for 2009-10. So, even if they had taken the deal there is no evidence to say the BBC (in an era of cost cutting) would have had either the desire or means to renew.

Should Premier Sports finally persuade Virgin Media to put them on their cable service as part of one of their packages (M+, L or XL) then the exposure will rise significantly.

Cheers, wasn't aware of those details. The current arrangement is pretty crap for fans and clubs alike and would have thought some red button or web platform type thing on the bbc would be better. But guess we will never know and we are stuck with it for a while longer.

Also I would not expect a big rise in subscriptions if Virgin allowed it. Most on here seemed to go down the pub or watch streams. Bet there is less than 300 Town fans who have signed up.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
MyDogsThoughts
July 2, 2012, 1:35pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
We finished 11th last season: can't see Southport v Grimsby as the big TV opener for the season can you?

Our games against Luton might be targeted otherwise we'll have very little disruption this season unless we start to race away with the league (unlikely).

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
GrimRob
July 2, 2012, 1:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,470
Gold Stars: 115
I can easily see them picking our game - they know which clubs their subscribers support and they'll tend to favour them. As long as they sell well in advance it's not the end of the world. Not as bad as that Fixture Slayer the FA Trophy which can turn your season upside down.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 21
FishOutOfWater
July 2, 2012, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,587
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob
I can easily see them picking our game - they know which clubs their subscribers support and they'll tend to favour them. As long as they sell well in advance it's not the end of the world. Not as bad as that Fixture Slayer the FA Trophy which can turn your season upside down.

Turned out nicely for York though Rob

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 21
July 2, 2012, 1:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

I reckon it will be Hereford vs Maccesfield or Forest Green vs Cambridge
Reply: 13 - 21
psgmariner
July 2, 2012, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1739

I reckon it will be Hereford vs Maccesfield or Forest Green vs Cambridge

Yeah I reckon the Hereford v Macc game to try and trick their fans in to signing up to Premier Sports.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Tommy
July 2, 2012, 2:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Would be very surprised if they pick our game. They showed the exact same fixture only a few months ago.

I'm hoping to go to the game but definitely won't be going if it's on a Friday night.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
prestonmariner
July 2, 2012, 2:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Tommy
Would be very surprised if they pick our game. They showed the exact same fixture only a few months ago.

I'm hoping to go to the game but definitely won't be going if it's on a Friday night.

95% sure i will be able to make this game. The girlfriend lives in nearby Ormskirk, so thats my travel and accomodation sorted! no just have to book the weekend off work. Fingers crossed! UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
upthestripes
July 2, 2012, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Super Clive
They also need to stream through their website etc.

Been meaning to email them aboutj this. Simply can't believe they don't offer this service. I'm not signing up for a contract when I only want to watch town games. I watch illegal streams at the minute but if they streamed it themselves I would gladly pay the one-off fee.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
BIGChris
July 2, 2012, 2:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from prestonmariner

95% sure i will be able to make this game. The girlfriend lives in nearby Ormskirk, so thats my travel and accomodation sorted! no just have to book the weekend off work. Fingers crossed! UTM

We can see that this is all lies.

You would never have a girlfriend.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
prestonmariner
July 2, 2012, 3:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

We can see that this is all lies.

You would never have a girlfriend.

Its all lies, you got me. I have an inflatable woman in a travelodge waiting for me. But, nonetheless, i will be there!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
psgmariner
July 2, 2012, 4:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
1st TV game is Hereford v Macclesfield on 10th Aug with 7.45 kick off.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
prestonmariner
July 2, 2012, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner
1st TV game is Hereford v Macclesfield on 10th Aug with 7.45 kick off.

Not too much of a suprise i dont think

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bloody BSQ/Premier Sports TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.