2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 29, 2012, 4:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Well it's been nearly a week since our last signing, and apart from the Aswad Thomas rumour no fresh rumours seem to have been posted on here aside Jamie Green wanting to come back and train with us, even the Telewag seems to have been quiet since last week as well. With pre-season training under way and only a couple of weeks away from our first pre-season friendly is it safe to say we are going to be hit by a sudden influx of new faces over the next week or so?

With Makofo probably on his way out, how many more faces are likely to come in between now and the start of the season? any body think there will be any trialists this summer ?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
June 29, 2012, 6:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
I would say that HandS have spoken to the players/agents that they are interested in and are waiting developments, they would also have a plan B should the players that are their first choice go elsewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
acko338
June 29, 2012, 9:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
If you remember, this was roughly how it went last year, but we needed more players lined up ready for discarded player replacement!

I'm waiting for the end of next week now, AND THEN HOPE TO SEE MORE GOOD NEWS!

UTM !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
June 29, 2012, 9:48pm
Guest User
Players contracts will end on sunday so I expect abit of movemeant next week.
Reply: 3 - 16
newfootballer
June 29, 2012, 9:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from 6[b
]I would say that HandS have spoken to the players/agents that they are interested in and are waiting developments, they would also have a plan B should the players that are their first choice go elsewhere

[/b]
Dead right and also players contracts run out at the end of June, so maybe players are waiting right to the end of June to see what comes up.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
livosnose
June 29, 2012, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,190
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]
Dead right and also players contracts run out at the end of June, so maybe players are waiting right to the end of June to see what comes up.
NEWFOOTBALLER

yawn

[img][/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
June 30, 2012, 1:12am
Guest User
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]
NEWFOOTBALLER

Yes, the shite ones will be biding their time. We need to get or squad together NOW. There has been enough time, months in fact to do the deals with the clubs or more likely in our case, the players. We should have half a dozen more players by the start of pre season and I am not happy. It's the same old crap about biding out time. Luton or clubs we should be competing with haven't messed about.

Identify the player, sign the player. Get it done, show our intent and do it now, in fact do it yesterday. Get a team spirit going, that is not a 20 day job. I am not happy, it'a all balderdash. We are in the CONFERENCE for god sake. Looking at the size of the clubs in the Conference, it should be between Luton and us. Nobody else, we should never finish outside the top 5, neither the top 2. Luton are possibly a bigger club, slightly. No other club has done what we have done and I am sick of this excrement league, I am embarassed and it is time we fought back.
Reply: 6 - 16
bogbrush
June 30, 2012, 2:15am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
its teh same old story as always wait until all the best players aresigned up then sign the dregs that are leftt it was alway's thus in teh last few years , and always thus will be. we might be lucky and sign Mr Thomas tho . great work guy's, keep it up!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
80sglory
June 30, 2012, 3:41am
Guest User
Look on the bright side - if we play a few pre-season friendlies we might end up with an even better idea of what we need.

I'm not pre-judging a thing until a ball is kicked.

Reply: 8 - 16
Southernboy
June 30, 2012, 8:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
All fair enough but a bit harsh maybe. Hatton and Cook look good signings and yes would be good to have another 5 in place ready to go, yes we should be out of the Conference and yes it's desperate but I do think we showed signs of real progress last season. No point not thinking it'll be great  - UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's gone quiet again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.