TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 29, 2012, 3:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91
Bellamy will be fine. One of Liverpool's better performers last season.

You may be right & I hope you are. When he's on song he is almost unplayable. I just find him inconsistent and wonder if he can do it in a tournament situation. It's new to him and Giggs.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
mariner91
June 29, 2012, 4:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264

You may be right & I hope you are. When he's on song he is almost unplayable. I just find him inconsistent and wonder if he can do it in a tournament situation. It's new to him and Giggs.

I think he might thrive being one of the experienced players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
aaron rattray
June 29, 2012, 4:21pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
We are playing to win so that means he picks a squad to win and not picking players who because fans want to applaud him, right choice

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
June 29, 2012, 4:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from RonMariner
He should have been picked. It's more of a representative occassion than a serious competition.  

It would have been just recognition of the role he played in bringing the games to London in the first place, and a fitting and appropriate honour for a guy that has been an ambassador for the game and a generous contributor to youth development projects in the UK.

Very smalll minded to leave him out.

Pearce made a good strong decision in my opinion whats the point in takeing part if you takeing part to win it? This is why he has picked what he feels is his best team.
If you want to give beckham recognition give him an OBE or knighthood but don't let him walk in to an olympic team just because of who he is.
There are  athletes that have trained for years to compete at the Olympics in the hope of winning a medal but have missed out at the final hurdle how they going to feel watching beckham just walzing in not on any merit and winning a potential Olympic medal??

Reply: 43 - 45
June 29, 2012, 4:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

Pearce made a good strong decision in my opinion whats the point in takeing part if your not takeing part to win it? This is why he has picked what he feels is his best team.
If you want to give beckham recognition give him an OBE or knighthood but don't let him walk in to an olympic team just because of who he is.
There are  athletes that have trained for years to compete at the Olympics in the hope of winning a medal but have missed out at the final hurdle how they going to feel watching beckham just walzing in not on any merit and winning a potential Olympic medal??

Reply: 44 - 45
Chew kok
June 29, 2012, 8:56pm
Guest User
We love BeckHam in my China, Ii hope he take soccer back to my home.
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Beckham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.