2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
May 22, 2012, 10:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The board have resigned (except the shady owner Amar Alkahdi) and most non football staff made redundant.

Can't see them being a threat next season. So that's one less team to worry about.

Private Message
NorthLeedsMariner
May 22, 2012, 10:29am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +11
Phew....

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Southwark Mariner
May 22, 2012, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,571
Gold Stars: 83
so which clubs are likely to go into admin (other than us) this season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
psgmariner
May 22, 2012, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorthLeedsMariner
Phew....

You will sleep soundly tonight no doubt!

Looks like they have decided to go part time as well.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
psgmariner
May 22, 2012, 10:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
so which clubs are likely to go into admin (other than us) this season?

Wrexham are in a bit of bother apparently.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
newfootballer
May 22, 2012, 11:00am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
   Well I hope that Macclesfield will survive was born in Macclesfield general hospital just after the war now that gives you nearly my age.

The reason I was born there was because Manchester Hospitals were still full up with patients from the Germans who had battered Manchester throughout the war.

Hope they get out of the mess before the season starts, really looking forward to seeing Macclesfield playing at Blundel Park
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
siy2k5
May 22, 2012, 1:32pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Just after the war....sooooo if I were to be conservative and say, 5 years after the war, so you were born in 1923? Bliney, you don't look too bad for 89 😜

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 22, 2012, 2:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from siy2k5
Just after the war....sooooo if I were to be conservative and say, 5 years after the war, so you were born in 1923? Bliney, you don't look too bad for 89 😜

I thought he meant the Boer War or the Sudan.

They don't like the cold steel you know, the fuzzy wuzzies ...... they don't like it up 'em.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
jock dock tower
May 22, 2012, 4:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from newfootballer
   Well I hope that Macclesfield will survive was born in Macclesfield general hospital just after the war now that gives you nearly my age.

The reason I was born there was because Manchester Hospitals were still full up with patients from the Germans who had battered Manchester throughout the war.

Hope they get out of the mess before the season starts, really looking forward to seeing Macclesfield playing at Blundel Park
NEWFOOTBALLER

Raids on Manchester

Davie, see below. The Germans stopped their bombing of Manchester in 1941, albeit they came back for a last go at Oldham in 1944! You're not telling me that all those patients were in hospital for 5 years, and that's why you were born in Macclesfield? The more likely explanation is that the Salford General Hospital was bombed in 1941, and that's why you were born outwith the city boundaries?

Air raids began in August 1940, and in September 1940 the Palace Theatre on Oxford Street was bombed. The heaviest raids occurred on the nights of 22/23 and 23/24 December 1940, killing an estimated 684 people and injuring 2,364.[1] Manchester Cathedral, the Royal Exchange and the Free Trade Hall were among the large buildings damaged. On the night of 22/23 December, 270 aircraft dropped 272 tons of high explosive and 1,032 incendiary bombs; on the second night, 171 aircraft dropped another 195 tons of high explosive and 893 incendiaries.[1] After the bombings, Nazi propaganda declared that the entire city had been burned to the ground.
[edit]Salford and Stretford

Neighbouring Salford and Stretford were also badly damaged by the bombing. It is estimated that over 215 people were killed and 910 injured in Salford, and over 8,000 homes were damaged or destroyed.[1] Seventy-three were killed in Stretford, and many more were injured.[2] The following month Old Trafford was hit during an air raid that lasted 3 hours. In June 1941 German bombs damaged the original Salford Royal Hospital on Chapel Street (A6), killing 14 nurses.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Helgy
May 22, 2012, 4:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Good news for Lincoln then thats one relegation place taken.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trouble at Macclesfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.