Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done Chelsea!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 63 Guests

Well done Chelsea!

This thread currently has 4,886 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 19, 2012, 10:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,460
Gold Stars: 115
A fitting climax to a great season for the top English clubs! Hopefully the national team will record an equally unlikely win.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Abdul19
May 19, 2012, 10:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,627
Gold Stars: 220
Not bad for a manager who 3 years ago was losing a 3rd division playoff to Scunthorpe!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
Bullitt
May 19, 2012, 10:56pm
Guest User
Don't mind Chelsea winning (although it's lame to see Spurs get ripped off) but seeing John Terry lifting trophies makes me sick.
Reply: 2 - 86
Abdul19
May 19, 2012, 10:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 2075
Don't mind Chelsea winning (although it's lame to see Spurs get ripped off) but seeing John Terry lifting trophies makes me sick.

Yeah, he should be embarrassed to lift the trophy.

'Arry getting ripped off is a bonus!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
GrimRob
May 19, 2012, 10:58pm

Quoted from 2075

I'd happily watch an Englishman lift a trophy any day of the week.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 4 - 86
Abdul19
May 19, 2012, 10:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GrimRob

The bloke's a cock. The fact he's from the same bit of land as me doesn't matter to me.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
Bullitt
May 19, 2012, 11:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

I would be if it wasn't such a scumbag (racist, love cheat, dirty footballer) the man is a flipping sad excuse of a person, and the day he captained England was the day I lost hope with our national team.
Reply: 6 - 86
aaron rattray
May 19, 2012, 11:02pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Petr cech could of saved every Munich penalty, he went the correct way for every kick

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
GrimRob
May 19, 2012, 11:03pm

Well I'm happy anyway if you lot want to fester your bitter and twisted grievances about someone you have never met and don't even know that's up to you. Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids - I don't even read them.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 8 - 86
Bullitt
May 19, 2012, 11:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
Petr cech could of saved every Munich penalty, he went the correct way for every kick

intercourse me I bet Gary Neville is shaking in his boots after that detailed match analysis.
Reply: 9 - 86
Bullitt
May 19, 2012, 11:06pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
Well I'm happy anyway if you lot want to fester your bitter and twisted grievances about someone you have never met and don't even know that's up to you. Don't believe everything you read in the tabloids - I don't even read them.

Are you serious? I don't read the tabloids, but take what you see on the pitch, the man who tried to put a knee through a Barca player off the ball, the man who took a sly punch at the kidney of Ivan Klasnic (who had a transplant a while before). He's an absolute bag of excrement, and to see him lift trophies and try to appear whiter than white shows you what's wrong with football.
Reply: 10 - 86
bobbyturtle
May 19, 2012, 11:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
great to see cole, cahill and lamps in such good form, hope they keep it up for england

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
Abdul19
May 19, 2012, 11:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from GrimRob
Well I'm happy anyway if you lot want to fester your bitter and twisted grievances about someone you have never met and don't even know that's up to you.

That's rich from the bloke who hates Luton Town because they possibly voted for the Premier League.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
MeanwoodMariner
May 19, 2012, 11:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I've got nothing against Spurs but I'm delighted they've missed out on qualifying for next year's champions league. I hate the way finishing 4th is considered more of an achievement than winning a trophy. Finishing 4th should bring no more than "well done for finishing 4th".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
TownSNAFU5
May 19, 2012, 11:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Makes up for losing in Moscow. And winning on Bayern's home turf.

We should bottle some of Chelsea's spirit, fight, character and will to win.

Pleased to see the German's lose a penalty shoot-out.

Drogba eh? Talk about great ups and downs.   Sent off at the end of one Final,  then scores a late equaliser tonight.  Gives away a soft penalty and then scores the winning penalty.  

Bayern could and should have won.  They were woeful in front of goal, despite all their pressure.   I do not think Chelsea won 1 corner.  And they still won!

London was the largest top football playing city without a club who had won the European Cup or Champions League.   Which city does that fall to now?

Well done Chelsea and the English players played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
Liam94
May 19, 2012, 11:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Ashley Cole is a male masturbator but he was brilliant tonight, so was Cahill and Drogba, even Luiz looked solid at CB Great underdog victory but Terry lifting the cup is wrong, should have been Lampard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
GrimRob
May 19, 2012, 11:15pm

Quoted from Abdul19

That's rich from the bloke who hates Luton Town because they possibly voted for the Premier League.  

Yeah we're all irrational. Fan is short for fanatic you have to remember.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 16 - 86
Poojah
May 19, 2012, 11:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,912
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from GrimRob

I hope the tabloids never force me to repeatedly shág my best mate's girlfriend, racially abuse one of my fellow prefessionals in public and on camera, and attempt to fúck over the hopes and dreams of several of my colleagues by being a nothing other than a complete and utter cúnt (and then lying about it, despite this, again, having been caught on camera for the whole world to see).

I also hope they don't make my brother repeatedly shág his best mate's girlfriend, leading to the eventual suicide of said best mate. Oh, and I hope they don't make my dad deal drugs to journalists. And make my mum rob Marks & Spencer.

Fúcking tabloids. He's probably a top bloke in person.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
Bullitt
May 19, 2012, 11:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Poojah

I hope the tabloids never force me to repeatedly shág my best mate's girlfriend, racially abuse one of my fellow prefessionals in public and on camera, and attempt to fúck over the hopes and dreams of several of my colleagues by being a nothing other than a complete and utter cúnt (and then lying about it, despite this, again, having been caught on camera for the whole world to see).

I also hope they don't make my brother repeatedly shág his best mate's girlfriend, leading to the eventual suicide of said best mate. Oh, and I hope they don't make my dad deal drugs to journalists. And make my mum rob Marks & Spencer.

Going on the theme of not believing the tabloids about a man you haven't ever met in person, I'm sure the Yorkshire Ripper was a top bloke, he was just misrepresented by the red tops.

Reply: 18 - 86
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 19, 2012, 11:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Makes up for losing in Moscow. And winning on Bayern's home turf.

We should bottle some of Chelsea's spirit, fight, character and will to win.

Pleased to see the German's lose a penalty shoot-out.

Drogba eh? Talk about great ups and downs.   Sent off at the end of one Final,  then scores a late equaliser tonight.  Gives away a soft penalty and then scores the winning penalty.  

Bayern could and should have won.  They were woeful in front of goal, despite all their pressure.   I do not think Chelsea won 1 corner.  And they still won!

London was the largest top football playing city without a club who had won the European Cup or Champions League.   Which city does that fall to now?
Well done Chelsea and the English players played well.

Moscow I believe is Europe's biggest at 10million plus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 19, 2012, 11:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Tabloids?! How dare you sir! Don't need to realise them to know what a lowlife "Brave" John is.

I agree with you on what the other fellah said you said about Luton though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
siy2k5
May 19, 2012, 11:56pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Except the one they scored from eh?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
TownSNAFU5
May 20, 2012, 12:47am
Vodka Drinker
Did not realise that English teams have won the last 3 Champs League penalty shoot-outs.

Maybe the national team can take inspiration?

Drogba had the final kick in normal time and the penalty shoot-out to win the match.  A rare double.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
DaveWSwaby
May 20, 2012, 1:12am
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -4
This is a bit of simplistic, self indulgent chauvinism.
Chelsea is owned by a Russian who - with others - robbed the Russian people of their country's national assets and bought a British Club to play with.
It is managed by an Italian - nice guy but, if he gets the job, will bring in more Italians.
The players are largely foreign apart from a few token Brits.
None of which matters if we are to be honest. This is not an English success - it is a success of foreign elites who play a game of international business and hospitality with British Premier League Clubs.
I, for one, take no great comfort from Arab Despots who have bought the Premiership title and the Russian Mafia who have won the Champions League.
Much more important than all this nonsense would be some beef to the "Fair Play" rules that are essential to ensure Clubs compete on an even financial playing field.
I make no bones about supporting Bayern in this match - I would have loved to see them beat Chelsea so that a genuine Club - Spurs (for which I hold no particular allegiance) - could have gone forward instead of a Russian Mafia hospitality venue.
DaveWSwaby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
Abdul19
May 20, 2012, 1:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from DaveWSwaby
It is managed by an Italian - nice guy but, if he gets the job, will bring in more Italians.

Will he? He's not worked in Italian football for 16 years.

The best left back in the world and a bloke who's scored nearly 200 goals for the club are token?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
ginnywings
May 20, 2012, 2:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Well apart from everything else, the Brits beat the Krauts and in a penalty shoot out too.

The rest don't matter.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 2:27am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Well apart from everything else, the Brits beat the Krauts and in a penalty shoot out too.

The rest don't matter.  

The Brits, as in the team owned by a Russian, managed by a Swiss Italian, and made up of players from around the world, with what, three actual English players on the pitch?
Reply: 26 - 86
aaron rattray
May 20, 2012, 7:02am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from 2075

Going on the theme of not believing the tabloids about a man you haven't ever met in person, I'm sure the Yorkshire Ripper was a top bloke, he was just misrepresented by the red tops.

It could of been the red coats at butlins or pontins, the next barrymore strikes again

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
GrimRob
May 20, 2012, 7:42am

Quoted from Poojah

Minor tabloid tittle tattle compared to the attroicities of the German nation.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 28 - 86
aldi_01
May 20, 2012, 7:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Spurs are an honest club??? Guess again, Harry is a flipping crook as are his back room cronies and again are a team full of elitist foreigners taking over inflated pay packets.

I like Di matteo so I'm pleased for him. Why should spurs qualify for the champs league? They were 20 points short of being champions yet some team who wins the league elsewhere doesn't qualify. Makes no sense.

What I did love is the fact that French girl private platini hated every minute of last night. He hates the thought of English or German teams succeeding in europe.

John terry is a girl private though. He shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the pitch let alone the trophy. A disgrace, a true scumbag. May be he will sell his medal to pay his ever increasing gambling debts...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
GrimRob
May 20, 2012, 7:51am

Quoted from DaveWSwaby
This is a bit of simplistic, self indulgent chauvinism.
Chelsea is owned by a Russian who - with others - robbed the Russian people of their country's national assets and bought a British Club to play with.
None of which matters if we are to be honest. This is not an English success - it is a success of foreign elites who play a game of international business and hospitality with British Premier League Clubs.
I, for one, take no great comfort from Arab Despots who have bought the Premiership title and the Russian Mafia who have won the Champions League.
Much more important than all this nonsense would be some beef to the "Fair Play" rules that are essential to ensure Clubs compete on an even financial playing field.
I make no bones about supporting Bayern in this match - I would have loved to see them beat Chelsea so that a genuine Club - Spurs (for which I hold no particular allegiance) - could have gone forward instead of a Russian Mafia hospitality venue.
DaveWSwaby

You forgot the most important bit the supporters. 99% of Chelsea fans are English, 99% of Bayern fans are German. Support the krauts if you want, but personally I went to bed happy last night. Chelsea incidentally have FOUR players in the England squad for Euro 2012, no other club has more. No bad for a few tokens.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 30 - 86
aldi_01
May 20, 2012, 7:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
But of those four, one doesn't deserve a place because he hasn't been that good all year, and for fat frank it is a swan song really...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
aldi_01
May 20, 2012, 8:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
I dont really buy into this notion of 'let's beat the krauts' unless it's an England game. Club wise the bundesliga is streets ahead really compared tonour of paid league. Tight and manageable financial regulations. They still compete at European level and equally as importantly at international level...something we don't do and the league is much more open and affordable to watch.

An average season ticket price being around £120 with average match day tickets of around a tenner...proves you can sustain those prices and still compete.

I don't care about this 'I'm English therefore I support English teams in Europe' I'm a town fan and that is all. They don't support us at any point and i don't see many Chelsea fans supporting arsenal in Europe

I only give a excrement about my team. I watched last night with no alliance to anyone and simply hoped for a decent game. I haven't woken up this morning being proud to be English or any of that bollcks either. It's good for Chelsea and their players but it actually does very little for our game. Does anyone other than Chelsea benefit? In a word, no!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
GrimRob
May 20, 2012, 8:17am

Quoted from aldi_01

I only give a excrement about my team. I watched last night with no alliance to anyone and simply hoped for a decent game. I haven't woken up this morning being proud to be English or any of that bollcks either. It's good for Chelsea and their players but it actually does very little for our game. Does anyone other than Chelsea benefit? In a word, no!

Yeah actually, all of us. English football is one of this country's great exports. English football is the most popular league in the world (the German league is miles behind in popularity, and they don't even get 4 teams in the Champions League like England, Spain and Italy), and some of our teams are the biggest brand names on the planet. People hardly notice the UK we are small fry these days but everyone around the globe has heard of our teams and many of them have adopted one of them. People all round the planet pay to watch English football in their homes and buy merchandise from our clubs. It's a significant part of our economy and employs many thousands of people.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 33 - 86
Sussexmariner
May 20, 2012, 8:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
It was nice to see on the TV pictures, Terry totally obscured by his team mates when he lifted the cup with  Lampard! It's nice to know there'll never be any photographic evidence to show him actually lifting the cup!!!

Serves him right after running on the pitch when drogba scored the penalty revealing his Chelsea top as if to say I was part of this team that won the cup! No John! You decided to get sent off at Barcelona with your thuggish behaviour and leave your team mates in the excrement and you watched the rest of the players win the cup like the rest of us, you Yob!!!!

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
ginnywings
May 20, 2012, 8:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 2075

The Brits, as in the team owned by a Russian, managed by a Swiss Italian, and made up of players from around the world, with what, three actual English players on the pitch?

Doesn't matter mate. An English team beat a German team in their own back yard.

Personally. i thought it was hilarious watching all those German fans crying. Just like 99 against Man U, they thought the game was in the bag.

I'm no fan of Chelsea and certainly not a fan of the Prem, but will always support the English team in Europe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
May 20, 2012, 8:34am
Guest User
Quoted from 2075

I would be if it wasn't such a scumbag (racist, love cheat, dirty footballer) the man is a flipping sad excuse of a person, and the day he captained England was the day I lost hope with our national team.

The day you lost hope! you've got some patients then, I lost mine the day Ericsson got the job carnt beleive you then went on to have faith in Maclaren and Pat.
As for Terry do you really think he'd still be at Chelsea considering half the team are black? Considering the likes of Drogba and Cole have publicly backed him? Did you watch last nights game if you did I'm pretty sure you would of seen Terry openly celebrating with his fellow black players? Racist my bottom.

You honestly have a problem with him Bering a love cheat you must be a woman then, most blokes given the opportunity will cheat especially when your young and loaded its all to easy.

Also disagree with you calling him a dirty footballer he's rated as one of the best defenders in the world your obviously a closet Liverpool fan or sommats and you've got yourself all upset when your pretend team has lost to them.

Terry should be England captain in my opinion his organisation and leadership on the pitch is second to no one, we won't win the euro but we will be a dam sight better with terry in the team.
Reply: 36 - 86
aldi_01
May 20, 2012, 8:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Personally I thought seeing spurs 'fans' gutted in the pub was more satisfying. They got what they deserved for finishing fourth...intercourse all

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
costa del cleethorpes
May 20, 2012, 8:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from Poojah

We all make mistakes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
costa del cleethorpes
May 20, 2012, 8:42am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from ginnywings

Doesn't matter mate. An English team beat a German team in their own back yard.

Personally. i thought it was hilarious watching all those German fans crying. Just like 99 against Man U, they thought the game was in the bag.

I'm no fan of Chelsea and certainly not a fan of the Prem, but will always support the English team in Europe.

Spot on that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
topuphere666
May 20, 2012, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Terry ruined the celebrations. He walked around like he had scored the winning goal. He took away all the hard graft his team mates had done.  The bloke is a girl private. I Remember 99 when Keane was too embarrassed to wear his medal and kept his suit on.

It was annoying to see the players not moving along when collecting their medals which made the trophy lift a farce!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 86
gobby
May 20, 2012, 9:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from topuphere666
Terry ruined the celebrations. He walked around like he had scored the winning goal. He took away all the hard graft his team mates had done.  The bloke is a girl private. I Remember 99 when Keane was too embarrassed to wear his medal and kept his suit on.

It was annoying to see the players not moving along when collecting their medals which made the trophy lift a farce!!

Yep well done Keane you hero, just like that tackle which finished Alf-Inge Haaland's days as a footballer, and then go bragging about it in a autobiography. (A book which I enjoyed reading by the way)
As with the origanal post, fooking superb Chelsea, guts and determinationat at its best.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 86
topuphere666
May 20, 2012, 10:15am
Vodka Drinker
I wasn't saying he was a hero. I was just stating he had a lot more about him to remain suited and dignified unlike Terry who ran around like he had won the cup himself!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
supertown
May 20, 2012, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,476
Gold Stars: 53
Gotta say he a bit of nerve running round in his kit like he had been playing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
Rick12
May 20, 2012, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DaveWSwaby

agree with a lot what you say.Money coming from outside  with the aim of improving the club and little regards to the exploits of the national side.I agree that foreigners have improved the game eg English players play with quality players from abroad and it will improve them but the balance has to be right.To much emphasis on instant success(which is happening more) and not enough time given to player development will only stall players coming through and even stagnate development

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 86
Super Clive
May 20, 2012, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
If you didn't notice the whole squad  had the full kit on when celebrating you know intercourse me....get a grip  they all play for chelsea...terry maybe a knob but he's chelseas captain ffs....played for them all his professional life..its a squad game.

I ain't a chelsea fan but they deserve it beating Barcelona...terry played amazing in the first leg as did the whole of the team defensively..

Well done its only took 1 billion coin.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
Meza
May 20, 2012, 11:40am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Super Clive
If you didn't notice the whole squad  had the full kit on when celebrating you know intercourse me....get a grip  they all play for chelsea...terry maybe a knob but he's chelseas captain ffs....played for them all his professional life..its a squad game.

I ain't a chelsea fan but they deserve it beating Barcelona...terry played amazing in the first leg as did the whole of the team defensively..

Well done its only took 1 billion coin.

This.

There are some very jealous people on here, even players that didn't play had there kit on someone called Kane for example.  Terry has made some silly mistakes I'm sure we've all made mistakes, but I still think he is a quality defender.  I will always support an English club in Europe regardless whether it's full of foreigners.  Well done Chelsea.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 11:43am
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray

It could of been the red coats at butlins or pontins, the next barrymore strikes again

intercourse off you stupid little git, that doesnt even make sense nor is it relevant.

Ive nothing against Chelsea, its just that Terry is a knob of the highest order, and seeing him lift the cup after not playing a part in the final is stupid, Lampard deserved to if anyone did.
Reply: 47 - 86
Shithouse Rat
May 20, 2012, 12:40pm

Lower Findus
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Quoted from GrimRob

Guilty of the worse atrocity in history, but can you still hold the current generation of Germans responsible?  Also, if you're going by that kind of logic you wouldn't be supporting an English team either.  I don't think we built the British Empire by waltzing into countries and saying "I say old bean do mind mind awfully if we take control on you.  Now run along old chap and pop the kettle on".

[img]http://www.musicquizworld.com/images/banner_bobmarley.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 12:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from Shithouse Rat

Guilty of the worse atrocity in history, but can you still hold the current generation of Germans responsible?  Also, if you're going by that kind of logic you wouldn't be supporting an English team either.  I don't think we built the British Empire by waltzing into countries and saying "I say old bean do mind mind awfully if we take control on you.  Now run along old chap and pop the kettle on".

I do sometimes get the feeling some members of this forum are stuck in the 1940's.

Reply: 49 - 86
NorfolkImp
May 20, 2012, 1:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

I agree, and I don't buy this guilty until proven innocent re: his spat with Anton Ferdinand, that should've been sorted and dealt with months ago. Drogba, Cole and all the other players would've long since refused to play under his Captainship if that was the case, but the way they all celebrated last night is pretty much proof enough ...... I bet Wio is seething  

Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
Tommy
May 20, 2012, 1:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
How good has Ashley Cole been in the last few months.

Up there with the best left-backs in the world now.

Read this about him:

http://footballspeak.com/post/2012/05/20/Cole-World-Class-Ability.aspx

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
ska face
May 20, 2012, 1:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from GrimRob

What a flipping buffoon.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
mariner91
May 20, 2012, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,774
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GrimRob

Jesus Christ Rob, nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush is there?!

England's role in the slave trade, as one example, is known by everyone. Does that make all of us guilty for it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
mariner91
May 20, 2012, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from gobby

Yep well done Keane you hero, just like that tackle which finished Alf-Inge Haaland's days as a footballer, and then go bragging about it in a autobiography. (A book which I enjoyed reading by the way)
As with the origanal post, fooking superb Chelsea, guts and determinationat at its best.
UTMM

Thats not the point though. Keane was no hero and I'm not a particularly big fan of his cause he often seems like a bit of a helmet. But in their semi-final against Juve, after getting booked and being ruled out of the final he almost single handedly dragged Man U back into the tie and put in the best performance of his career to get his team to the final. He then stayed out of the celebrations on the night.

Chelsea won the cup in spite of Terry, not because of him. Through his own thuggish behaviour and lack of discipline he left his team mates with an incredibly hard task in the semi final and meant they had to play with two centre backs last night who weren't fully fit. The players that played last night did magnificently well, defended superbly and showed great discipline and won. Then Terry is one of the main ones in the celebrations and actually lifts the cup. The man's arrogance has no limits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
Poojah
May 20, 2012, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,912
Gold Stars: 1,527
Quoted from GrimRob

Interesting moral barometer you have there.

"I know I shouldn't really kill this hooker, but it's not like I'd be exterminating millions of Jews, is it?"

That logic justifies just about any single act you or I could be capable of comitting, and quite what it has to do with how big a scumbag John Terry is, I don't know.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
GrimRob
May 20, 2012, 3:12pm

Quoted from Shithouse Rat

I was actually referring to them imposing their currency on their European neighbours. They tried invade and conquer by military means, plan B is to do it economically.  

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 56 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 20, 2012, 3:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Split personality over this. I loath Terry and Cole as people and still think Cole is overrated as a defender but wasn't it a great result? Chelsea were the better team. They might not be the most talented side in the world but they work so hard and defend with intelligence. Lovely to see the over-confident Germans left to cry their eyes out as well.

There's a moral here for England - forget trying to play like Barca and play like a team.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 3:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

I was actually referring to them imposing their currency on their European neighbours. They tried invade and conquer by military means, plan B is to do it economically.  

10/10 for trying to backtrack.
Reply: 58 - 86
mariner91
May 20, 2012, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Split personality over this. I loath Terry and Cole as people and still think Cole is overrated as a defender but wasn't it a great result? Chelsea were the better team. They might not be the most talented side in the world but they work so hard and defend with intelligence. Lovely to see the over-confident Germans left to cry their eyes out as well.

There's a moral here for England - forget trying to play like Barca and play like a team.

Don't know how you can say they were the better team. Bayern had 56% possession. Bayern had 20 corners to Chelsea's 1. Bayern spent much more time in Chelsea's half than vice versa. And Bayern had a huge 43 shots on goal (if you include shots that were blocked) to Chelsea's 9. Chelsea also committed nearly double the amount of fouls. Well done to Chelsea for winning but they more than rode their luck and had the German's had their shooting boots on, they could have won at a canter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
gtfc98
May 20, 2012, 3:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Rob's started spouting as much excrement as our cousins at codalmighty...

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 20, 2012, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Kin hell Rob?! Last time I looked it wasn't an offence to have great grandparents who might have committed horrific crimes (I'm sure they all didn't).

Anyway, show me a nation that doesn't have blood on its hands....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 20, 2012, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I dont really buy into this notion of 'let's beat the krauts' unless it's an England game. Club wise the bundesliga is streets ahead really compared tonour of paid league. Tight and manageable financial regulations. They still compete at European level and equally as importantly at international level...something we don't do and the league is much more open and affordable to watch.

An average season ticket price being around £120 with average match day tickets of around a tenner...proves you can sustain those prices and still compete.

I don't care about this 'I'm English therefore I support English teams in Europe' I'm a town fan and that is all. They don't support us at any point and i don't see many Chelsea fans supporting arsenal in Europe

Spot on.

(Having said that had a slight preference for Chelsea last night).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
TownSNAFU5
May 20, 2012, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Robben and Ribery now have something else in common.  They have both "contributed" to an unwelcome double.  Losing a World Cup final each and now a Champions League final.  (Not a fan of Robben anyway).

Of wider interest is Bayern's and Germany's role in developing younger players.  Sensible and intelligent planning that is likely to play dividends later in their careers.  Bertrand at 22, was playing his first game in the Champions League.  (Some result for him).  Much was made of this.  Bayern and Germany had 3 players younger in their starting line-up (Muller, Kroos and Concento).

The difference was in experience.  Muller has played in a World Cup semi-final.  Kroos has 25 caps for Germany and Contento (Germany) has already won a silver medal in a Champions League final.

Bayer lost the match because of their truly woeful finishing.   They were unlucky when Muller was subbed near the end to bring on a defender and defend the lead.  Many managers would have done that.  A good decision at the time. In ET their missed Muller's attacking runs.  That is how it goes sometimes.  Things don't pay off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 20, 2012, 5:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Jesus wept.

Imposed their currency? Imposed? Theirs?

A lot of the other buggers cooked the books to get in it. (Admittedly the Germans turned a blind eye).

Anyway, I'd rather have brother Erik running my country than Goldman Sucks, JP Morgan and the Credit Rating Agencies aided and abetted by a bunch of clueless old Etonians.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
porkies
May 20, 2012, 6:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +2 / -1

Jesus wept.

Imposed their currency? Imposed? Theirs?

A lot of the other buggers cooked the books to get in it. (Admittedly the Germans turned a blind eye).

Anyway, I'd rather have brother Erik running my country than Goldman Sucks, JP Morgan and the Credit Rating Agencies aided and abetted by a bunch of clueless old Etonians.

Speaking of which, did anybody notice George Osborne representing us in Munich last night in the front line of the great and the good? I'll bet the only thing he knows about Chelsea is where the best wine bar is! And that photo of Cameron, alongside Barack and Angela, with his arms in triumphant salute at the end, was a pathetic attempt to connect with us common people who really know the difference between a striker and an assistant referee. You're still 14 points behind in the opinion polls lads!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 6:43pm
Guest User
[img]https://twitpic.com/show/large/9n9oer[/img]
Reply: 66 - 86
kingofthekippers
May 20, 2012, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
So I take it that John Terry doesn't have many fans on here?

Truly awful season for Man United though - they've seen City take the league, Chelsea win the Champions League and the FA Cup and even Liverpool won a trophy of some kind.

Still, they got the Community Shield and that's the biggest prize of them all in Fergie's eyes this season.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
kamakazebear
May 20, 2012, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +482
Quoted from GrimRob

Oh dear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
RoboCod
May 20, 2012, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from kingofthekippers
So I take it that John Terry doesn't have many fans on here?

Truly awful season for Man United though - they've seen City take the league, Chelsea win the Champions League...

And won with late late goals in Fergie-time too, just to rub it in. I've enjoyed the Premier/Champions league lately.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 20, 2012, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,046
Gold Stars: 191
Quoted from 2075

what about ryan bertrand?????

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 20, 2012, 11:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
[quote=4]So I take it that John Terry doesn't have many fans on here?

quote]

quite simply a brilliant defender.
yes, what he has done in his private life is unexcusable. but, you cannot say he is not a very good defender

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 86
Bullitt
May 20, 2012, 11:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

what about ryan bertrand?????

Ok four, huge difference eh?
Reply: 72 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 20, 2012, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
well, yes, about 9% actually  

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 86
mariner91
May 20, 2012, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

quote]

yes, what he has done in his private life is unexcusable. but, you cannot say he is not a very good defender

Disagree. Chelsea's defence is not what it once was and in the couple of years has looked decidedly dodgy on more than the odd occasion. This is usually down to Terry. Look at how poor he was against Liverpool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 86
springstomind
May 21, 2012, 12:48am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Approval: +322
lol well i support Grimsby so i wouldn't have been gutted but i did want Chelsea to win being an English Club and underdogs.

If nothing else was worth watching it was all worth it to see the loonatic that is David Luiz take a 45 yard run up and scream the ball into the top corner, you could see when he took the ball that he thought he was alot better than he actually is and his arrogance paid off haha.  Funny bloke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 86
Biccys
May 21, 2012, 8:47am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

quote]

You're kidding right???? He's a flipping liability. Every game, he does at least one stupid thing. He's forever giving away free kicks or fouling people unnecessarily. Mark my words, he'll member up somewhere in the Euros. Just because he sticks his nut in where others wouldn't put their boots doesn't make him a good defender.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 86
topuphere666
May 21, 2012, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
I would prefer Rio at the back this summer!!

Terry kicks anything that moves, he has had his best spell of his career and I wouldn't be surprised to see Luiz and Cahill as first choice for Chelski next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 86
Rick12
May 21, 2012, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from springstomind
lol well i support Grimsby so i wouldn't have been gutted but i did want Chelsea to win being an English Club and underdogs.

If nothing else was worth watching it was all worth it to see the loonatic that is David Luiz take a 45 yard run up and scream the ball into the top corner, you could see when he took the ball that he thought he was alot better than he actually is and his arrogance paid off haha.  Funny bloke.

as for the some of the comments on Terry on here  I agree he can be a liability but if he can control and work and do something about his mindset is still a very good defender eg didn't Capello say "one of the top defenders in the world world class" and one of the very small percentage who has come from the  youth team in the last decade and established himself(though has let himself down in recent times unfortunately)

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 86
mariner91
May 21, 2012, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

as for the some of the comments on Terry on here  I agree he can be a liability but if he can control and work and do something about his mindset is still a very good defender eg didn't Capello say "one of the top defenders in the world world class" and one of the very small percentage who has come from youth team in the last decade and established himself(though has let himself down in recent times unfortunately)

He's not world class though. Usually struggles if he comes up against a top team and struggles against anyone who he can't bully. Can't read the game well enough to be called world class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 86
sausage rolls
May 21, 2012, 9:54am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +31
1975 EUROPEAN CUP FINAL
"Leeds dominated most of the match and had a number of near misses. After three minutes Bayern's Swedish international defender Björn Andersson had to be replaced by the inexperienced Sepp Weiss after a hard tackle from Terry Yorath, described by Uli Hoeneß as the "most brutal foul I think I have ever seen".[1] He only played a handful more matches for Bayern. In the 23rd minute Beckenbauer was in his own penalty box on the ground and rested on his left arm which subsequently got in contact with the ball. The Leeds players appealed for a penalty which the French referee Michel Kitabdjian denied. More controversial however was when the referee denied a penalty in the 34th minute after Bayern captain Franz Beckenbauer tripped Allan Clarke, who was attacking the Bayern goal from the left wing and seemed ready to dangerously round Bayern keeper Sepp Maier. The first half also saw German international Uli Hoeneß, later president of Bayern, suffering a serious knee injury in the 42nd minute after a tackle by the Scottish left back Frank Gray, which would ultimately bring his career to a premature end in 1979 at the age of 27, and thus starting as prematurely his career in club management. He was replaced by one time German international Klaus Wunder.

In the 62nd minute Billy Bremner was denied from five metres by a reflex of Sepp Maier in the Bayern goal. Less than a minute later a goal by Peter Lorimer was disallowed, due to Bremner being in a tight passive offside position in front of the goal at at the six yard box.[1] Referee Michel Kitabdjian initially pointed to the centre circle (indicating a goal) and then Beckenbauer convinced him to consult with the linesman who hadn't raised his flag. The referee then indicated offside against Bremner. This decision caused riots to break out.

After a match interruption Roth finished off a counter attack in the 71st minute with the 1–0 for Bayern after a short pass from Conny Torstensson. This completely derailed Leeds and ten minutes later another counter led to the 2–0 for Bayern through Gerd Müller after a cross from the right side by Jupp Kapellmann. This put the match completely beyond the reach of the team from England."

That was perhaps the most one sided game I had ever watched (and the first european cup final) and the worse team won. As far as I'm concerned they got their just rewards on Saturday. I remember them sitting and defending for 90 minutes and having only 2 attempts at goal from break aways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
FishOutOfWater
May 21, 2012, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
I enjoyed Saturday night for what it was... a good game of football with a bit more interest because it was an English CLUB involved and a few players who will be representing England at the Euros next month.

I didn't watch it live but Sky +'d it so to keep me up until two in the morning it must have had something about it...Terry's morals, Anglo-German history etc was of no consequence. All that mattered was the game and the outcome and I was pleased with both.

I suppose when you look at it, the game was a typical smash and grab but all those chances for Bayern mean nothing now....if they'd put the ball in the net a few more times, then they'd have won. Simple as...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 21, 2012, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from topuphere666
I would prefer Rio at the back this summer!!

brilliant.....love your sense of humour

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
roundballovalhole
May 21, 2012, 4:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

. . . . . and I love yours!!!

To be honest, I would rather neither were in the squad. . . . . Rio would have been banned for oife if he played in the olympics for failing to provide a sample for a drug test.

Terry is complete scum.  Why England need to have someone playing for them who shows soemone round the chelsea training facilities for 20 grand (supposedly for charity) and then the charity hear nothing about it . . . . . . is beyond me.

I would far rather lose early on and have some clean cut hard working blokes playing for us, than whimper out in the quarters and have utter scum playing for us. . . . . .Just my opinion!!!
Reply: 83 - 86
psgmariner
May 21, 2012, 4:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1054

To be honest, I would rather neither were in the squad. . . . . Rio would have been banned for oife if he played in the olympics for failing to provide a sample for a drug test.

Terry is complete scum.  Why England need to have someone playing for them who shows soemone round the chelsea training facilities for 20 grand (supposedly for charity) and then the charity hear nothing about it . . . . . . is beyond me.

I would far rather lose early on and have some clean cut hard working blokes playing for us, than whimper out in the quarters and have utter scum playing for us. . . . . .Just my opinion!!!

Got to agree with this. Both players fatally flawed and well past their peaks. Would be happy to see Cahill and Jones at centre back.

Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
mariner91
May 21, 2012, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

. . . . . and I love yours!!!

Spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
topuphere666
May 21, 2012, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Why?

I prefer a CB who played nearly all season for a side that finished 2nd in arguably the best league in the world, over a thug who is awaiting a court case for racial abuse who has slipped up on several occasions.

Jesus even Andy Carroll drunk all over him!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done Chelsea!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.