Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 75 Guests

Cheap gaming PC tower

This thread currently has 671 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Bullitt
May 15, 2012, 12:34am
Guest User
Ahoy, sure someone has asked this before, but does anyone know of anyone who supplies/makes a decent PC rig in t'local area?
bradzmilne
May 15, 2012, 4:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Started a thread on it a few months back, still havent found anything suitable

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Bullitt
May 15, 2012, 6:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from bradzmilne
Started a thread on it a few months back, still havent found anything suitable

Ah mammaries, was worth a try at least then.
Reply: 2 - 8
biggles9999
May 15, 2012, 7:02pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Ive a pc tower im willing to sell, pretty much clear as its only ever really been used for the internet and FM.

Not sure of the specs off the top of my head but obviously I could check.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Marinerz93
May 15, 2012, 8:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 2075
Ahoy, sure someone has asked this before, but does anyone know of anyone who supplies/makes a decent PC rig in t'local area?

If you are technical, then you can buy custom made ones off the net.  All you have to do is assemble them, you could go one better, get the custom kit details and get the components from say Amazon.  If you are buying a new pc go for Core i5 or i7 processor.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Biccys
May 16, 2012, 10:48am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Marinerz93

If you are technical, then you can buy custom made ones off the net.  All you have to do is assemble them, you could go one better, get the custom kit details and get the components from say Amazon.  If you are buying a new pc go for Core i5 or i7 processor.

Having built quite a few machines in the past, I'd not bother with this line any more. The like of Comet and PC World (as hateful their afterservice is) offer some very very competitive deals which include the OS as well as having all the bits in place. The days of being able to buy the bits cheap and throw them into a case for a cheap, decent spec machine aren't really there any more.

I have a trade account at a spares shop in Lincoln and I get bits every now and then for people but a whole machine I'd always recommend buying one from a shop now.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 8
Bullitt
May 16, 2012, 3:42pm
Guest User
Eugh, giving money to PC World makes me cold inside, cheers for the advice though.
Reply: 6 - 8
Wrawby_Mariner
May 17, 2012, 3:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Biccys

Having built quite a few machines in the past, I'd not bother with this line any more. The like of Comet and PC World (as hateful their afterservice is) offer some very very competitive deals which include the OS as well as having all the bits in place. The days of being able to buy the bits cheap and throw them into a case for a cheap, decent spec machine aren't really there any more.

I have a trade account at a spares shop in Lincoln and I get bits every now and then for people but a whole machine I'd always recommend buying one from a shop now.

I built my laptop from bare bones .. You can still do it pretty cheaply
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 7 - 8
Biccys
May 17, 2012, 8:30am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Sure, but the baal ache of doing it (eve if you know what youi're doing it will still take a couple of hours to put it all together and install everything, minimum) alongside the cost of the bits and the software... It's just more hassle than you save.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheap gaming PC tower

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.