3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Mariners Trust
May 14, 2012, 12:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +87
Here's a quick update of our current or upcoming events and promotions:

1) Golf Day - We are supporting the Golf Day in aid of the Youth team on June 15th by entering a Mariners Trust team. If any member would like to be part of the team then please let us know asap at enquiries@marinerstrust.co.uk.  Ideally players should have an official golf handicap. There will be no cost although a small donation to the youth team would be appreciated.

2) 100's Club - The first prize this month is an adult season ticket or cash equivelent. Reminder that you can have a number in every draw if you pay by standing order or you can buy a number just for May via the shop on the website or by sending a cheque to Mariners Trust, 9 Rymer Place, Cleethorpes, N E Lincs, DN35 0EW. Each number costs £5 and cheques are payable to Grimsby Town Supporters. The draw will be made on Thursday May 31st and will include all entries received up to and including May 30th.

3) Alan Buckley DVD's - This has proved to be really popular and is great value at £12.50 for nearly 3 hours of great football. We have now had a new delivery and so stock is available now to order either from the shop on the website or you can send a cheque for £12.50 made payable to Grimsby Town Supporters to Mariners Trust, 9 Rymer Place, Cleethorpes, DN35 0EW.

Up The Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Alfie
May 14, 2012, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Now the DVD's have been sorted, how likely/far off is an update regarding the proposed place on the board/increased influence over the playing budget that the Trust were promised by Cllr Fenty (Con) for those 200,000 shares?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Swansea_Mariner
May 14, 2012, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,478
Gold Stars: 63
Come on Alfie let's deal with the serious issues first.  What's the latest on flaskgate?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
GodHelpUs
May 14, 2012, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Alfie
Now the DVD's have been sorted, how likely/far off is an update regarding the proposed place on the board/increased influence over the playing budget that the Trust were promised by Cllr Fenty (Con) for those 200,000 shares?

Don't be silly...you know and I know it was never going to happen.

The tragedy is that Fenty didn't even promise it. Just spin from the former bank manager (Parker). Apparently, according to the "spokesman" who spoke on Blunderside there was a letter from Fenty. Perhaps the Trust would like to publish it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
costa del cleethorpes
May 14, 2012, 9:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Don't be silly...you know and I know it was never going to happen.

The tragedy is that Fenty didn't even promise it. Just spin from the former bank manager (Parker). Apparently, according to the "spokesman" who spoke on Blunderside there was a letter from Fenty. Perhaps the Trust would like to publish it?

Id like to read that letter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
GodHelpUs
May 15, 2012, 7:14pm
Snakebite drinker

Id like to read that letter

So...are we going to see this letter then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
big bad bob
May 15, 2012, 7:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -5
Probably not me thinks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
headingly_mariner
May 15, 2012, 8:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,403
Gold Stars: 124
Thrilling!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Rich Boy
May 15, 2012, 10:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
Who cares if the trust have a pace on the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
TWAreaTownSupporter
May 15, 2012, 11:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from Rich Boy
Who cares if the trust have a pace on the board

Chairman Mao would have: A march of a thousand miles starts with but a single pace.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
MuddyWaters
May 16, 2012, 7:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Alfie

Typical Tory back-tracking.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
costa del cleethorpes
May 16, 2012, 7:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Are fenty and the trust in communication
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
Chris
May 16, 2012, 11:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Rodley Mariner
May 16, 2012, 11:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,274
Gold Stars: 184
Might be a positive thing for the Trust to state what communication has taken place and what progress is being made - even if it's not much. Lots of people have asked what is happening, including on the Trust message board on here and have had nothing in reply. It just makes people think either they're being ignored or that nothing is happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Chris
May 16, 2012, 11:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Talks are ongoing. There's not really much more that CAN be said about it to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Alfie
May 16, 2012, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Sounds like he's done you up like a kipper, in all honesty.

I'm not knocking the Trust. He's a good businessman and it's promising to see you making moves with regards to fundraising but in my opinion those shares represented a huge, huge opportunity to have a real say in the running of the club and instead you gave them to our glorious leader for the princely sum of Big Chris having a cup of tea and a few biscuits with him every now and then.

The Trust have had little say and will continue to have little say in real club policy on the back of this.

I appreciate he put you in a difficult opportunity with regards to blackmail but do you genuinely believe he was ever going to be willing to pull the plug on a private company which he has a few million quid tied up in? He was only ever going to be the (financial) loser of administration. He played his hand and his bluff came off.

There's only one winner in this unfortunately and he has the Trust wrapped round his little finger dancing to any tune he plays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Chris
May 16, 2012, 1:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Alfie, just to assure you that I dance to nobody's tune.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
gtfc98
May 16, 2012, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Chris

You act like a right high and mighty bell end on here. Just because you paid 15quid to be on the board of a trust with no power doesn't make you better than the rest of us

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Wrawby_Mariner
May 16, 2012, 2:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from gtfc98

You act like a right high and mighty bell end on here. Just because you paid 15quid to be on the board of a trust with no power doesn't make you better than the rest of us

I don't think he meant it like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 18 - 26
Chris
May 16, 2012, 3:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from gtfc98

Fella, I didnt pay anything to "be on the board", nor did I say I had any power (what a poxy joke that is) nor did I say it made be better than anyone.

I simply stated, as is the truth, that I dont dance to anyones tune. I dont. If Fenty or anyone else asks me to do something I dont want to do, then I wont do it. Get over yourself. Come and meet me for a coffee and then you can call me a bell end if thats what you think I am.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
GodHelpUs
May 16, 2012, 6:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Ignore him Chris....you always come over as genuine and fully commited.  However (although I don't know what your personal stance was at the time) it has to be said that to give 200,000 shares that the Trust were holding to a multi millionaire because he threatened to take his bat and ball and go home was utter madness. I know it was the result of a vote but doesn't leadership come into it? Fenty should have been told to go forth and multiply as soon as the suggestion was made!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
moosey_club
May 16, 2012, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Chris

Are you German by any chance as they all seem to be  unable to dance to anybodies tune as well ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
voice of reason
May 16, 2012, 7:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from Chris
Talks are ongoing. There's not really much more that CAN be said about it to be honest.

"After continued discussions
with the football club we feel we have made significant progress in respect of gaining a non executive seat on the board of GTFC. Once finalised, this will be a huge step forward, not only for the Trust but the supporter base in general. Never before have the fans had representation at boardroom level"

"We intend to finalise the details very soon"

The bits highlighted just about sum up the Trust so far... All talk, talk and more talk... Where is the action??? where is the progress???

"we intend to finalise the details VERY soon" thank god there is no rush eh?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Alfie
May 16, 2012, 8:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Out of curiosity, what flavour biscuits does Fenty splash out on when GTST come round for tea?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
ska face
May 16, 2012, 8:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from voice of reason

"After continued discussions
with the football club we feel we have made significant progress in respect of gaining a non executive seat on the board of GTFC. Once finalised, this will be a huge step forward, not only for the Trust but the supporter base in general. Never before have the fans had representation at boardroom level"

"We intend to finalise the details very soon"

The bits highlighted just about sum up the Trust so far... All talk, talk and more talk... Where is the action??? where is the progress???

"we intend to finalise the details VERY soon" thank god there is no rush eh?

With respect, what action were you hoping to have seen by now?

Were you expecting minutes from every meeting the trust have held with the board? One would imagine that working ongoing but at a  time of the season where the majority of work is traditionally done quietly and without news being trumpeted at every opportunity, surely it is natural for things so be a bit quiet.

I think some of you need to get a bit of a grip on reality.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Chris
May 16, 2012, 8:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Alfie
Out of curiosity, what flavour biscuits does Fenty splash out on when GTST come round for tea?

We have to bring our own biscuits, I prefer Morrisons Savers Bourbon Creams, Chris P prefers the pink wafers, and the others settle for Hob Nobs. Fenty is that tight that any  (biscuits)left over at the end of the meeting gets whipped for the GTFC office staff supplies so he doesnt have to buy them any.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
voice of reason
May 16, 2012, 10:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from ska face

With respect, what action were you hoping to have seen by now?

Were you expecting minutes from every meeting the trust have held with the board? One would imagine that working ongoing but at a  time of the season where the majority of work is traditionally done quietly and without news being trumpeted at every opportunity, surely it is natural for things so be a bit quiet.

I think some of you need to get a bit of a grip on reality.

With respect I quoting what the Trust had said regarding the seat, which was - "We intend to finalise the details very soon" yet nearly three months later there is still no further progress or finalisation and discussions are continuing... Like I said - talk, talk, talk...

The above is my views, from my reality, which I have a grip of but thanks for your concern...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Update from the Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.