Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › tarhgers on the sniff.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 64 Guests

tarhgers on the sniff.

This thread currently has 2,452 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
bladerunnner
April 28, 2012, 8:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
nick barmby and co are to have "a serious look" at liam in the summer.from a trusted source at hull city.
b.t.w. please don't chew my behind off for this info,i want him to stay as much as anyone,but got told this today,anyone else heard this?

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
semilapsedmariner
April 28, 2012, 8:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
ffs he is conferance at best dull are looking at premeirshite next season.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
GTFC R MASSIVE
April 28, 2012, 8:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from bladerunnner
nick barmby and co are to have "a serious look" at liam in the summer.from a trusted source at hull city.
b.t.w. please don't chew my behind off for this info,i want him to stay as much as anyone,but got told this today,anyone else heard this?

Without chewing, you are full of it.  How many would Maclean have scored in non-league?  Hearn is nothing special relatively.  We should stop kidding ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
supertown
April 28, 2012, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,486
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from bladerunnner

bit late in the summer to have a serious look at him, unless he gets picked for England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
bladerunnner
April 28, 2012, 8:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from semilapsedmariner
ffs he is conferance at best dull are looking at premeirshite next season.

makes it even all the more wierd imho...............................hes good at this level and maybe up to l1, but it ain't a wind up,they are defo looking at the lad for next season,this is from someone iv'e known for 20+ years  

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
wigworld
April 28, 2012, 8:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Liam's good for this level, and I wouldn't like him to leave, but I think he's League One at best. But if Jamie Devitt was part of the deal, and we could get Damian Reeves in over the Summer...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 20
April 28, 2012, 8:55pm
Guest User
They only want one proven goal scorer so I cant see that they would take the risk on a non league striker.
Reply: 6 - 20
bladerunnner
April 28, 2012, 8:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
what im hoping is that im not pulling this thread out come july in a "told you so manner" but the source is sound,lets hope nothing comes of it,i wouldn't blame the player though,what a great more for him,even if he doesn't figure much he would probably quadruple his wages overnight? nearly laughed my c.ck off when i got told it,but he was deadly serious.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
April 28, 2012, 9:02pm
Guest User
But to be honest dont you think alot of clubs are going to be looking at Hearn. If we get 500k for him I would be on very happy Mariner.
Reply: 8 - 20
Rodley Mariner
April 28, 2012, 9:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,291
Gold Stars: 187
Every club is always on the look-out for a goal-scorer and teams up to Championship and even beyond will get someone to have a look at a player who's scored 25+ goals in his first season as a full-time footballer even at Conference level. This probably includes Hull. I would've thought that they'll decide on having a look that Championship level is a bit beyond him. It's inevitable teams will have a look though - lots on here have decided Damien Reeves is the answer to all our prayers, not because they've seen him or because he's a particular type of player, just because of the goals he's scored this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Meza
April 28, 2012, 9:25pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.82
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,657
Gold Stars: 50
Liam states in the telegraph he is happy heteand although is flattered by interest from teams in the championship etc he wants to stay and get town promoted unless unless a big big offer comes in and the board ormanagers cash.  For me he's here until after next season end of.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
diehardmariner
April 28, 2012, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,840
Gold Stars: 549
Quoted from GTFC R MASSIVE

Without chewing, you are full of it.  How many would Maclean have scored in non-league?  Hearn is nothing special relatively.  We should stop kidding ourselves.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_McLean

McLean's non-league record is ok but not a patch on Hearn's. Whilst I don't think Hearn is Championship quality, least not yet, I've seen many much lesser players at that level.

Goalscorers are always in demand.  At any level.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
petethemariner
April 28, 2012, 9:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner

McLean's non-league record is ok but not a patch on Hearn's. Whilst I don't think Hearn is Championship quality, least not yet, I've seen many much lesser players at that level.

Absolutely right, you cannot coach someone to be a natural goalscorer, its instinct and although Liam was a late starter at a higher level, he clearly has that 'instinct'. Like everyone else  on here i would be thrilled if he was still at GTFC next season, but i have severe doubts he will - clubs in league 1 & 2 need proven scorers  as well and sadly Liam, at 26 ,would be mad not to try league football for a few years ,if given the opportunity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
GTFC R MASSIVE
April 28, 2012, 10:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from diehardmariner

I accept that - but the following post makes the critical point that he's too old to be an 'un-polished gem'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Poojah
April 28, 2012, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,089
Gold Stars: 1,547
Looked emotional as he spent a good few minutes applauding the fans at the end of the game, long after all the other players had left the pitch. Signed a couple of autographs and threw his shirt into the crowd.

Read into that what you will, but you only have to look back as far as last pre-season to find that attempting to hold onto your star, 29-goal stiker is futile. If he's still here come August, I'll eat my own testicles.

Good luck to the lad, frankly. Whatever opportunity comes his way, he's earned it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
petethemariner
April 28, 2012, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Poojah
Looked emotional as he spent a good few minutes applauding the fans at the end of the game, long after all the other players had left the pitch. Signed a couple of autographs and threw his shirt into the crowd.

Read into that what you will, but you only have to look back as far as last pre-season to find that attempting to hold onto your star, 29-goal stiker is futile. If he's still here come August, I'll eat my own testicles.

Good luck to the lad, frankly. Whatever opportunity comes his way, he's earned it.

Well said Poojah, there was a good interview ( for once) in the GET with Liam recalling his days as a roofer, going to work in the  dark and returning  home in the dark, he has moved from that now and if given the opportunity to earn good money  in league Football and secure his future he would be crazy to turn it down, he seems a well adjusted lad and i'm sure he will always hold GTFC in high esteem if he leaves. we should do the same for him.
We have to remember where we are and holding on to the likes of him is nigh on impossible unless you have a benefactor with an open chequebook.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
moosey_club
April 29, 2012, 1:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
You are way off the mark, i heard the Targhers are looking closely at our left back and very keen on taking him across the water. Word from BP is that they are powerless to stop it.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Biccys
April 29, 2012, 2:29am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Poojah

Box it Marinette, there may be a Poojah bushtucker challenge on.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 20
DocTower
April 29, 2012, 8:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from moosey_club
You are way off the mark, i heard the Targhers are looking closely at our left back and very keen on taking him across the water. Word from BP is that they are powerless to stop it.  

Apart from him being on loan from Hull , you might be on to something there !!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Garth
April 29, 2012, 9:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
We have been lucky to have had two 25 plus goalscorers in the last three seasons, and IMO Liam will have his head turned by the amount of wonga he will be able to earn playing for a higher league club, should this happen good luck to him,  in the same boat we would all do the same,
Realistically we should expect this and be looking for a suitable replacement in the close season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
moosey_club
April 29, 2012, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from DocTower

Apart from him being on loan from Hull , you might be on to something there !!!!!!!!

Look up ..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › tarhgers on the sniff.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.