This thread currently has 1,950 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
April 25, 2012, 11:45pm
Guest User
April 26, 2012, 6:07am
Guest User
Quoted from 1600

I don't have an e-mail client installed on my PC. Would it be that hard to create a web form?
Reply: 1 - 20
Paris Mariner
April 26, 2012, 6:47am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Why didn't you start starting KHM earlier in the season?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 20
GrimmyGrimGrim
April 26, 2012, 12:09pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Quoted from 75

I don't have an e-mail client installed on my PC. Would it be that hard to create a web form?

Just email - webmaster@gtfc.co.uk with the subject 'QT'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
cod.gtfc
April 26, 2012, 12:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from GrimmyGrimGrim

Just email - webmaster@gtfc.co.uk with the subject 'QT'

thats what I have just done

here's my questions

Why do you insist on protection of our young players when they are some of the better ones in our squad?
Why when somebody gets injured/suspended but were playing very good prior to this, do they not get back into the squad despite playing better than their replacements have?
Why do you change tactics to combat the opposition you're worried about, instead of playing our own successful game and letting them worry about us?
Why do you think we have not been able to beat any of the top 5 teams in the league?
Obviously this season was mainly about rebuilding, and our bad start pretty much put an end to any play-off hopes no matter how good we were for the rest of the season, if we don't make at least the play-offs next year for whatever reason, would you class that as you failing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Paris Mariner
April 26, 2012, 2:26pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Approval: +809
Quoted from cod.gtfc

Obviously this season was mainly about rebuilding, and our bad start pretty much put an end to any play-off hopes no matter how good we were for the rest of the season, if we don't make at least the play-offs next year for whatever reason, would you class that as you failing?

I'm not sure they'd answer publicly.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 20
Wrawby_Mariner
April 26, 2012, 2:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Not at an emailing facility until tomorrow but I'll send these when I can

1. Would you be opposed to the employment of an older more experienced manager in a consultancy role to offer you some advice etc.

2. Obviously fans have their own ideas on suitable players for the club, would you be up for listening to those targets ?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 6 - 20
jimgtfc
April 26, 2012, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

1. Would you be opposed to the employment of an older more experienced manager in a consultancy role to offer you some advice etc.

2. Obviously fans have their own ideas on suitable players for the club, would you be up for listening to those targets ?

Sounds like your after a job  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Stew0_0
April 26, 2012, 3:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
I'd be asking "Why not 4-3-3 for next season?"

Wrexham and York play this formation all the time and have fared very well this season. With a a tall target man through the middle supporting the hard working Hearn and Elding then I think we could be a huge attacking force next season. Bring in another centre midfielder box to box, ably supported by Disley and Thanoj/Artus, with attacking Wing backs, Bradley Wood and a new left back then we'd be solid going in both directions.

Just a thought??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
cod.gtfc
April 26, 2012, 3:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Stew0_0
I'd be asking "Why not 4-3-3 for next season?"

Wrexham and York play this formation all the time and have fared very well this season. With a a tall target man through the middle supporting the hard working Hearn and Elding then I think we could be a huge attacking force next season. Bring in another centre midfielder box to box, ably supported by Disley and Thanoj/Artus, with attacking Wing backs, Bradley Wood and a new left back then we'd be solid going in both directions.

Just a thought??

Interesting one of my questions was close to being why do you keep trying 4-3-3 when we never play well with it and 4-4-2 we do.

Obviously if we have the right players 4-3-3 works, prehaps now they have rid of most of the players they didn't sign they will start building a team for 4-3-3.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2012, 3:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

If they rate themselves in any way and have any pride I would hope they'd answer 1) yes we'd be vehemently opposed and 2) No we wouldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
codhead91
April 26, 2012, 4:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Are you concerned by Rob Scott's apparent disciplinary issues, and how would you react if one of the players had missed half a dozen games this season through suspension?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Wrawby_Mariner
April 26, 2012, 4:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

If they rate themselves in any way and have any pride I would hope they'd answer 1) yes we'd be vehemently opposed and 2) No we wouldn't.

There is no shame in asking for help. A similar question was asked at the ab night so I was just interested to hear the point of view of a manager(s) thats currently employed .
Logged Offline
Reply: 12 - 20
bradzmilne
April 26, 2012, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,428
Gold Stars: 30
"What at this momment in time is our playing budget for next season"

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Southwark Mariner
April 26, 2012, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
perhaps it's no coincidence the club are hosting a QT just at the same time as some interesting decisions re players contracts are being made.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
roundballovalhole
April 26, 2012, 5:25pm
Guest User
Have another manager in a supervisory role? So have 3 managers. .   are people on here hellbent on making us look twits?
Reply: 15 - 20
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2012, 6:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 1054
Have another manager in a supervisory role? So have 3 managers. .   are people on here hellbent on making us look twits?

It's okay though because even if 3 managers didn't know who to buy they could still ask The Fishy......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
aldi_01
April 26, 2012, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If it is a QnA regarding town everyone knows there will be a silly amount of questions regarding catering and the likes...

I'd ask why they started to fiddle about with the team whilst we still had a good shout of the play offs...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
80sglory
April 27, 2012, 12:17am
Guest User
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
perhaps it's no coincidence the club are hosting a QT just at the same time as some interesting decisions re players contracts are being made.

You mean when no-one knows what the squad will be ?
Think you're right.

Quoted from aldi_01
I'd ask why they started to fiddle about with the team whilst we still had a good shout of the play offs...

You mean brought in new players ?
Good one !

One of mine is (or will be):
"Will we adopt a direct or a more passing style of play next season ?"

tbh it's bloody hard to think of a tough question.
Not to catch them out, just to avoid a bog standard reponse.

Reply: 18 - 20
Wrawby_Mariner
April 27, 2012, 1:21am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from 1054

I was only asking their view .. Why be so critical ?

Instead of slating the question ask why I asked . Not aimed at them specifically. I was was wandering because, so many players finish playing and go straight into management and was wandering in their opinion would a manager who walks straight into a management job benefit from learning from an experienced hand.
Logged Offline
Reply: 19 - 20
Meza
April 27, 2012, 2:16am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,647
Gold Stars: 50
Q - Do you already have in mind possible targets and how many are you looking to bring in?

Q - Will you be relying on the loan market more in order to try and reduce the wage structure?

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question Time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.