Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › all 2nd year youth pros released bar southwell
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 69 Guests

all 2nd year youth pros released bar southwell

This thread currently has 7,236 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pleasegoup
April 24, 2012, 6:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
i am quite possibly the most patient town fan i know. i hate the hire and fire/clear the dead wood mentality that we seem to have acquired over the past few years, but...

it is absolutely fundamentally appalling that only 1 second year pro that we have produced is deemed good enough to potentially play in the conference.

either the youth system is not fit for purpose, producing players not good enough for a poor standard of football. or the managers are under so much pressure that they arent prepared to spend any of their playing budget on developing our own kids... something that has an should always be the life blood of GTFC.

like i said, i am willing to be patient with most stuff GTFC related, but this has my blood boiling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
April 24, 2012, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
It's disappointing that none bar Southwell have been deemed good enough but you have to trust the managers / Stockdale. Need to cut our cloth accordingly and if that means getting rid of all the yoof then that's the harsh reality of the shite situation we are in.

There is an argument to say we should scrap all youth teams as the returns have been pretty poor (Bennett aside).

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 95
bradzmilne
April 24, 2012, 6:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
I dont watch the youth teams at all so this is a complete guess but maybe this was just a bad year? Theres no point of wasting money on players with no protential?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 95
Abdul19
April 24, 2012, 6:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from psgmariner
There is an argument to say we should scrap all youth teams as the returns have been pretty poor (Bennett aside).

I don't really want to bring these 2 up again, but what about Bore and North? Surely as a youth team, GTFC could not have done much more with these lads - they didn't 'progress' as expected when under the first team setup.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 95
fiveallive
April 24, 2012, 6:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +230
Gold Stars: 5
Yeah must be gutting for these young pro's relesed, Ryan Bennett got is eduacation at Ipswitch apart from likes of John Oster, Danny Butterfield, Peter Handyside and Gary Croft of the last 20 years have come through to gone onto other things we have had hopefulls like Peter Bore and Andy Taylor who have been disapointing, i thought they would have gave Josh Freeman a 6 month contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 95
ginnywings
April 24, 2012, 6:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Nothing unusual IMO. Most youth team players don't make the grade at any club.

If you get one or two a season progressing to a senior contract, you're doing well. In fact,don't we have one of the best records in the country for players going on to be pro's?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 95
cod.gtfc
April 24, 2012, 6:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Don't understand why people keep bringing up the 6 month contract thing, as far as I can remember we have done it once and that was last year for Mulready, and we know how that turned out. Why now do we need to be offering people 6 months just because we did it for one player last year?

If they are not good enough, then why waste theirs and our time offering them a contract.

I also agree on the Youth, I'm struggling to see how it is financially viable to keep it going, ok every so often you get somebody come through like Bennett, but how many seasons has the bennett transfer paid for us to keep the youths going? How often do we need to find someone like Bennett in order that its worth keeping the youths going for, when we are a conference side?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 95
Abdul19
April 24, 2012, 7:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Don't understand why people keep bringing up the 6 month contract thing, as far as I can remember we have done it once and that was last year for Mulready, and we know how that turned out. Why now do we need to be offering people 6 months just because we did it for one player last year?

Don't forget Luke Foulkes!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 95
aaron rattray
April 24, 2012, 7:18pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
The managers don't want to sign people from the youths because the more people signed from the youths means the less money spent on first teamers who we need and the least money spent on the first teamers who we need means they will be of a poorer quality, as far as in concerned well done Scott and hurst

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 95
BIGChris
April 24, 2012, 7:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Last seasons 2nd year YT's were considered strong. I'anson and Thanoj progressed and Mulready was given a short term deal to see if he could make it.

This years lot were never considered fantastic although, imho Southwell was always the star and i hope he can progress to challenge for a place. Time will tell.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 95
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › all 2nd year youth pros released bar southwell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.