Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, essexexile and 60 Guests

Wrexham preview - Hurst on MP

This thread currently has 1,555 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 9:35pm
Guest User
Phew, thought it wasn't gonna be available when I saw "Wrexham preview" as text on the OS.
JT back asking the questions...

A fairly predictable interview from Hurst concerning Wrexham.

Said:

- It'll be interesting to see if Wrexham play their strongest side (even if Fleetwood win the title on Friday) and he's "pretty sure" they'll play their strongest side.
- It will be a good test for us to see where we are.
- Arthur is out for Saturday.
- He doesn't want to "jump the gun" about players contracts to make decisions and want to change them later.
- Has already compiled a list of players to look at for next season.
- Won't disclose details regarding the internet rumour Coulson's been offered a stay on reduced terms but did say talks started a while back.

- When asked about the possibility of a reduced budget:

"We have had some provisional meetings it's not been finalised 100% but we know got a rough idea of where we are or where we potentially can be, so it's a budget that we feel we can compete with.
I think the chairman has to take some credit. As I said in the January transfer window with Liam, although there weren't a concrete bid in as I said I'm sure if being the case we could have quite easily have got that, you know via [inaudible] and he wants to get back in the Football League that's what myself and Rob want to try and do."

- Asked (by Dale) if Liam Hearn will be staying in the summer:

"I would have thought so yeah. He's got 2 years left on his contract. We've had talks recently with him, just general chats, he's never given any indication that he'll be anywhere else apart from Grimsby Town. You know as a club we don't have to sell him, it would have to take what I call a considerably big bid.
I'm not sure that too many teams would want to pay that sort of money for him and that's nothing against Liam, but as I said we're not in a position where we need to sell, you know we're trying to build something here and [inaudible] be part of that."

Whether it means he will ultimately stay or not we'll see, but it's certainly good to hear....  
cmackenzie4
April 12, 2012, 9:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Cheers for that 80,s lets hope we can keep Hearn.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 9:42pm
Guest User
I hope so...
Find a partner with 25-30 goals and a much improved team around him and we should hopefully be right up there !  
Reply: 2 - 16
cod.gtfc
April 12, 2012, 9:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
I hope so...
Find a partner with 25-30 goals and a much improved team around him and we should hopefully be right up there !  

in a dream world it would be nice!! How many teams have two 25+ goal strikers? Even Fleetwood's, who have scored nearly a 100 league goals, second striker is not quite on 20 goals yet!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
voice of reason
April 12, 2012, 9:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600
I hope so...

I really hope he stays too but didn't they say a similar thing about Connell last season?

If we can keep him, improve the midfield and just become a bit more organised we can be a threat next season...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 10:25pm
Guest User
Does anyone think hearn being sold would be scott and hursts decision to make?
Reply: 5 - 16
kevikov
April 12, 2012, 10:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
definately improve the midfield, we desperately need someone strong, good reader of the game and willing to do the dogs works.
I like disley and when on song he's quality for this league but not enough goals and in and out of form. I don't like chopping and
changing the team each year but a settled midfield with a mix of bite and play with pay dividends. Interesting to see what happens
there.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 10:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from cod.gtfc

in a dream world it would be nice!! How many teams have two 25+ goal strikers? Even Fleetwood's, who have scored nearly a 100 league goals, second striker is not quite on 20 goals yet!

Gonna be difficult but no harm aiming high !?
They brought in Hearn this season so if they can do it once... ?
We can only hope...
Reply: 7 - 16
davmariner
April 12, 2012, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Cheers for that 80s, much appreciated.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
TAGG
April 12, 2012, 10:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Nice of Scott to let Hurst out of the cupboard he must have been a good boy.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 10:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Cheers for that 80s, much appreciated.

You're very welcome dav.
Reply: 10 - 16
Abdul19
April 12, 2012, 10:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 1600
I hope so...
Find a partner with 25-30 goals and a much improved team around him...

Not asking much there!

Hope so though.  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 10:58pm
Guest User
You're right, not much !  
Not expecting it, just hoping for it.  
Reply: 12 - 16
Biccys
April 13, 2012, 12:27am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1600
I hope so...

With a decent pair of energetic midfielders scoring from further back (Oh for a young Paul Groves...) we wouldn't need another 25-30 goal striker!! A big strong "target man" that can play with his back to goal better than both Elding and Duffy and then I reckon we're about there.

Thanks for the lowdown. Appreciated.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 16
roundballovalhole
April 13, 2012, 12:46am
Guest User
. . .  a youngish shaun cunnington wouldnt go a miss and a middle-aged paul futcher would make my day
Reply: 14 - 16
80sglory
April 13, 2012, 1:33am
Guest User
Quoted from Biccys

With a decent pair of energetic midfielders scoring from further back (Oh for a young Paul Groves...) we wouldn't need another 25-30 goal striker!! A big strong "target man" that can play with his back to goal better than both Elding and Duffy and then I reckon we're about there.

Thanks for the lowdown. Appreciated.

No problem, good points !
Goals from midfield would help and a perfect target man for Hearn would be ace.
25-30 goals was just me being greedy and trying to raise the bar of expectation...

Quoted from 1054
. . .  a youngish shaun cunnington wouldnt go a miss and a middle-aged paul futcher would make my day

I thought you were more into George Kerr than Alan Buckley ?
What an amazing co-incidence you're suddenly reeling off a list of old Town player names after all this time !
I guess Wikipedia is a wonderful thing but given your knowledge of the current squad, why do you think we even need another centre back ?......  
Reply: 15 - 16
roundballovalhole
April 13, 2012, 7:15am
Guest User
You are such a jealous fool 80s. . . and a sh1t football chairman!  I was reminiscing that is all.  You seem to be so arrogant that you are now telling ME who my favourite players over the years might be!
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham preview - Hurst on MP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.