3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
rancido
April 12, 2012, 4:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,666
Gold Stars: 102
I think Fleetwood have gone about their business correctly and patiently. Continuity with the manager has been one of the key factors coupled with his ability to find and bring players on. Ben Pond is a prime example of this and IMO he has impressed me most of all in the players that I have seen in this division since we joined. Admittedly they are a non compomising team and some of their " rough " tactics ,especially where McNulty is concerned, leaves a lot to be desired. But if that is what it takes to get out of this league then that is what you have to do. IMO we have not been physical enough and have allowed teams to bully us. Hopefully The Dynamic Duo will have learnt from this season and will introduce a bit more " steel " into our team to help us do next season what Fleetwood have acheived this one.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
80sglory
April 12, 2012, 11:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
As for the money they've spent? I'd rather be spending beyond our means and top of the league than spending beyond our means whilst struggling/failing to make the play-offs.

I totally agree.
If we're losing money anyway then intercourse it, let's go all the way ?

Or is GTFC at risk ?
No idea but recent events sound like we're at some risk whilst we stay in this league anyway.

Am certain others won't agree with me but not sure I would personally pay £16 to watch a team which is part-time or isn't competitive.
Maybe that's wrong but it's how I feel - I'd rather go for it than see Town die a slow and painful death.

But it all depends on the finances.
If the youth system goes, there won't be any Ryan Bennetts coming through and it'll be purely down to the managers to find talent and sell them on to keep us in the black- it's already a tough enough ask right now !

I'm most probably wrong cos there's a great club's history and people's livelihoods at stake but personally, I wouldn't blame JF is he got sick of losing his own fortune and went for a big push (with a view to slashing costs later if it went wrong).
Reply: 21 - 22
Rodley Mariner
April 13, 2012, 8:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from 1600

I totally agree.
If we're losing money anyway then intercourse it, let's go all the way ?

I didn't mean we should gamble on the future of the Club - I'm in the 'cut our cloth accordingly' camp. It was more a comment on the fact some seem to believe it's unfair that Fleetwood spend way beyond their means when we do exactly the same, just less successfully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fleetwood Town article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.