Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where have the stay away fans gone?
Users Browsing Forum
essexexile, Googlebot and 60 Guests

Where have the stay away fans gone?

This thread currently has 2,633 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
April 10, 2012, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from marinernige
After the Southport match,there's over three months before the season starts again,so its the last chance to get your football 'fix',so in my opinion thats why its worth going.regardless of where we are in the league,i always like to go to both the last home ,and last away matches of the season, I can see us having 500+ at telford on the last away match.

Don't forget that there will be footy at the Olympics (which will not be shown on TV - it never is) and also the Euro Champs where we will be almost certainly be able to see our brave boys capitulate incompetently once again.

That's a bit of football to watch before the pre-season games commence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
roundballovalhole
April 10, 2012, 1:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinernige
After the Southport match,there's over three months before the season starts again,so its the last chance to get your football 'fix',so in my opinion thats why its worth going.regardless of where we are in the league,i always like to go to both the last home ,and last away matches of the season, I can see us having 500+ at telford on the last away match.

Tbh, i hope we take very few to telford. . . why the fu(k should the fans keep going when the players seem to gave given up a month ago. . . we will only cause troubke if we go in big numbers to telford!

Reply: 11 - 32
Biccys
April 10, 2012, 2:45pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1054

Tbh, i hope we take very few to telford. . . why the fu(k should the fans keep going when the players seem to gave given up a month ago. . . we will only cause troubke if we go in big numbers to telford!

Why??? It's not as if we're going out of the league again is it. I see absolutely no reason for our idiot faction to kick off at a meaningless ground after a meaningless match.

As for why the fans should keep going... Because they're fans...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 32
voice of reason
April 10, 2012, 3:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Biccys

Why??? It's not as if we're going out of the league again is it. I see absolutely no reason for our idiot faction to kick off at a meaningless ground after a meaningless match.

As for why the fans should keep going... Because they're fans...

You would fit right into GTFC PR machine with statements like that...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
Biccys
April 10, 2012, 3:28pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Cheers! If my redundancy application comes off I may go ask for a job!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 32
voice of reason
April 10, 2012, 4:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Biccys
Cheers! If my redundancy application comes off I may go ask for a job!

Ha, thinking about it I reckon you are in fact JF and roundball was barking up the wrong tree wheh he thought it was 80's...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
April 10, 2012, 5:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from ticker_1610
Penultimate home game, surely that should have seen more through the turnstiles plus the discount voucher. Two long away games now, hopefully fans will pack out the park for the last game v Southport before a summer of Olympics !

Penultimate? Don't think so season finished weeks before for me when the players lost interest so that's why I didn't go.
Reply: 16 - 32
marinernige
April 10, 2012, 6:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
So you only want to support the club,if where doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
80sglory
April 10, 2012, 6:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578
Penultimate? Don't think so season finished weeks before for me when the players lost interest so that's why I didn't go.

Did the players lose interest or did you ?
Shame about the playoffs but personally think this and pre-season are the 2 most interesting stages of the season.
I would have gone but Easter time = family time.
Reply: 18 - 32
ticker_1610
April 10, 2012, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Whether you go or not it was the penultimate game for GTFC at BP this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where have the stay away fans gone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.