No Members and 49 Guests

today

This thread currently has 3,407 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
heed fan
April 10, 2012, 10:13am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
heed fan here , congratulations on your win yesterday throughly deserved we never turned up !!. though couldve been different if the ref joyce hadnt bottled given the pen right in front of us for silks foul on gilles right in front of us  but ive given up expecting decent refs in this division

was just wondering are you lot really skint or something ???? as none of our disabled fans were allowed in yesterday for the concessions price and had to pay full price . my pal was told he had to have a letter of proof that he was disabled even though he has cerebal palsy . we ve been to every game this season except bath (aint played them yet) and never been treat this way . hope the extra cash from all 4 of them comes in handy . good luck for the rest of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
BIGChris
April 10, 2012, 10:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Looked to me like Silk shanked the ball before colliding with Gillies.

Not sure re the disabled pricing structure. I assumed disabled have to sit in the allocated areas rather than in the away end but not sure. I suggest you e-mail the club for an answer
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Rodley Mariner
April 10, 2012, 10:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Maybe the Trust could drop the club a very quick e-mail re the disabled fans? Potentially bad PR for the club and sure refunds could be easily sorted out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
heed fan
April 10, 2012, 10:36am
Coke Drinker
if you see the highlights you ll see hes caught but hey ho

and im planning on e mailing anyone who will listen to me about this til your club changes its policy . it aint about the money 23 other clubs in this league treat disabled fans with respect we were made to feel like crooks yesterday . only wish id asked for the blonde ladys name  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
Rodley Mariner
April 10, 2012, 10:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from heed fan

and im planning on e mailing anyone who will listen to me about this til your club changes its policy . it aint about the money 23 other clubs in this league treat disabled fans with respect we were made to feel like crooks yesterday . only wish id asked for the blonde ladys name  

This definitely wants sorting out and I'm sure it's an individual mistake rather than club policy. GTFC have got a lot of things wrong over the years but they've always been pretty good re disabled access etc. As I said before - maybe a member of the Trust board can get hold of this and get in touch with the Club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
mariner83
April 10, 2012, 10:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
I'm not 100% sure but I think disabled fans are usually seated in the Main Stand?  Does not excuse the person on the gate if they didn't tell you this at the time though.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
ticker_1610
April 10, 2012, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
We treat disabled fans very badly. You are only considered disabled if you have the highest level of DLA awarded. Motorbility, bus passes, disabled war pensions don't count. Then as a home fan you are only allowed in the main stand, whether or not you want to sit with able bodied home fans and friends. Even then the disabled fan pays full price but gets a carer in for free! Our policy towards disabled fans is a disgrace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Les Brechin
April 10, 2012, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ticker_1610
We treat disabled fans very badly. You are only considered disabled if you have the highest level of DLA awarded. Motorbility, bus passes, disabled war pensions don't count. Then as a home fan you are only allowed in the main stand, whether or not you want to sit with able bodied home fans and friends. Even then the disabled fan pays full price but gets a carer in for free! Our policy towards disabled fans is a disgrace.

I know that there is not a lot of good feeling towards Scunthorpe on here but when I went to GP when I met up with some Exeter City fans on Good Friday I was told that I could get in for the concession rate.

As the DVLA have currently (wrongly) revoked my driving licence on medical grounds and whilst I am appealing to get it back, I have been entitled to a free bus pass. As we approached the turnstiles at the away end a steward asked if any of us were concessions. I jokingly said, well I've got a free bus pass, does that count, to which the reply was, of course use the turnstile there and I saved £7 on the usual adult admission.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
heed fan
April 10, 2012, 2:50pm
Coke Drinker
it was the people at the ticket office who turned down my friend for a concession , not at the gate .  even though it is clearly obvious by the way he walks .he even offered to walk around to show them his disability but that was no good . we werent allowed in the imperial pub either as we were gateshead fans ( unclean ,unclean ) must say though you stewards are a good bunch very friendly something mansfield and york could learn from  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
Les Brechin
April 10, 2012, 2:55pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from heed fan
it was the people at the ticket office who turned down my friend for a concession , not at the gate .  even though it is clearly obvious by the way he walks .he even offered to walk around to show them his disability but that was no good . we werent allowed in the imperial pub either as we were gateshead fans ( unclean ,unclean ) must say though you stewards are a good bunch very friendly something mansfield and york could learn from  

When we were in the league The Imp was always traditionally a "home fans only" pub but since we have been relegated I have noticed that that's been relaxed now and on a lot of occasions you do get away fans in there, so I'm a bit surprised they didn't allow you in.

There was always the traditional "away fans" pub Darleys/The Leaking Boot but that mysteriously burnt to the ground a few years back.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.