No Members and 103 Guests

gateshead

This thread currently has 3,093 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
wmacky200
April 8, 2012, 10:37am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
with the playoffs just about gone. surely its time to give mason hughes his chance to shine. prob in the place of soares. put disley back in the middle with thanoj and artus on the left. also with the 2 main men in up front. lets just have a proper go at them from the off and get the fans back onside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
April 8, 2012, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Very true, might even out back on play off hunt...

A win on Monday and a couple of results go our way and it's back alive...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Paris Mariner
April 8, 2012, 11:37am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I can't see that happening. RS and PH will be thinking if we win the next four we'll be in with a shout. That is to say, I can't see them giving KHM a chance like that.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 29
Mighty_Mariner
April 8, 2012, 11:45am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
I say we play the team that started us on the run before all the new signings, Miller being the exception!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Garth
April 8, 2012, 12:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
A nothing game to me and I think thats the way the players will see it and react accordingly, Gateshead to win I`m afraid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Paris Mariner
April 8, 2012, 12:14pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Garth
A nothing game to me and I think thats the way the players will see it and react accordingly, Gateshead to win I`m afraid

I can't see the managers letting that happen. As Aldi said, a win and some results going our way and we'll be knocking on the door...again!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 29
Garth
April 8, 2012, 12:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I can't see the managers letting that happen. As Aldi said, a win and some results going our way and we'll be knocking on the door...again!

Past few results tell a different story, like Luton we have now drifted into a lack of confidence and a season end performances, not easy to escape from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
Paris Mariner
April 8, 2012, 12:41pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Garth

Past few results tell a different story, like Luton we have now drifted into a lack of confidence and a season end performances, not easy to escape from

I'm not denying the dip in form - what I'm saying is that I can't see it being treated as a nothing game.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 29
cleefish
April 8, 2012, 1:03pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I say we play the team that started us on the run before all the new signings, Miller being the exception!

Myself I reckon your right Miller as been the best player S&H have brought in gives his all every game all we need his a  replacement for Townsend and midfield sorting out.UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
80sglory
April 8, 2012, 2:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from wmacky200
artus on the left

Disagree with people if they think he's a wide player.
Played in the middle and did well until Church came on and he shifted out wide - he aint a winger that for sure !
If you're good enough and work hard enough you should be ok wherever you play.
Thinking ahead, a midfield partnership of Thanoj and Artus would be superb if we could get it working well.  
Reply: 9 - 29
aldi_01
April 8, 2012, 2:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But artus played wide left throughout our successful run therefore you are posed with a strong argument that he is indeed a better winger than centre midfielder...certainly from what ie seen I'd say he's a better wide player. Disley and thanoj have been our best midfield pairing although some may argue panther and disley was even better...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
80sglory
April 8, 2012, 2:22pm
Guest User
Fair enough then, I just think we need his passing in the mliddle but would probably prefer a 100% Disley anyway.
Reply: 11 - 29
ticker_1610
April 8, 2012, 2:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Artus could play the holding role. Thanoj blew his chance yesterday took him 50 mins to get into the game and was still easily outplayed by Keltie a Lincoln reject. Disley and Wright must start tomorrow. Church on the bench. If we lose tomorrow I would start putting Jack B on the bench. I honestly believe our wingers are too slow and emphasis on defending is too much for them to get forward quickly. That said, even though we had a poor start to the season and have thrown away games lately we are still only 5 points outside the play offs. We could have been guaranteed a play off place with just a few of those draws turned into wins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Paris Mariner
April 8, 2012, 2:26pm
Main Stander
Quoted from 1600

Disagree with people if they think he's a wide player.
Played in the middle and did well until Church came on and he shifted out wide - he aint a winger that for sure !
If you're good enough and work hard enough you should be ok wherever you play.
Thinking ahead, a midfield partnership of Thanoj and Artus would be superb if we could get it working well.  

I think with Artus and Thanoj in the middle together you lack a real ball winner and can get a foot in etc. Those two are passers, more attack minded midfielders. I have to agree with Aldi too - Artus was out on the left during most of our great run.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 29
aaron rattray
April 8, 2012, 2:48pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Dont forget those vouchers with the season ticket, i was going to give mine to my mate from school who goes to 5 or 6 games a season but he isnt going now, so my mum is going

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Abdul19
April 8, 2012, 2:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from aldi_01
But artus played wide left throughout our successful run therefore you are posed with a strong argument that he is indeed a better winger than centre midfielder...certainly from what ie seen I'd say he's a better wide player.

Agreed. He's not a winger as such, but a very good left midfielder. He came on there at half time at Lincoln and started the next 7 games there - 6 wins and a draw.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
123ball
April 8, 2012, 3:08pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from ticker_1610
Artus could play the holding role. Thanoj blew his chance yesterday took him 50 mins to get into the game and was still easily outplayed by Keltie a Lincoln reject. Disley and Wright must start tomorrow. Church on the bench. If we lose tomorrow I would start putting Jack B on the bench. I honestly believe our wingers are too slow and emphasis on defending is too much for them to get forward quickly. That said, even though we had a poor start to the season and have thrown away games lately we are still only 5 points outside the play offs. We could have been guaranteed a play off place with just a few of those draws turned into wins.

I personally didn't attend the match but i was listening online. And from what i heard Thanoj had he's better game in the first half so i don't see how you can say it took him 50 minutes to get in the game. Also it seemed like he was very active and made some very accurate passes. What about that near goal? I'm sure that was in the first half. As for Wright, well he's name was hardly mentioned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
ticker_1610
April 8, 2012, 3:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Because I was there, Keltie got MOM. Take RH with a pinch of salt commentary is poor and shouldn't really take anything they say. Radio armchair fans base comments on RH should know better. Never ever listen to RH if I can't make a game. Thanoj was ineffective first half, Wright won the ball but gave it away frequently, Thanoj could not get going first half but was slightly better second. If you didn't go opinion means fk all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
BIGChris
April 8, 2012, 5:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ticker_1610
Because I was there, Keltie got MOM. Take RH with a pinch of salt commentary is poor and shouldn't really take anything they say. Radio armchair fans base comments on RH should know better. Never ever listen to RH if I can't make a game. Thanoj was ineffective first half, Wright won the ball but gave it away frequently, Thanoj could not get going first half but was slightly better second. If you didn't go opinion means fk all.

I saw it differently. I felt Thanoj was the pick of the midfield. I was far more dissapointed with Wright who, imo, strolled through the game and contributed zilch.

I appreciate Keltie got the MOM at the game but number 16, McReady was their main threat. Good on the ball, pacy and ran at defenders
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
ticker_1610
April 8, 2012, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Said on another thread 16 had a good game. Felt wright was let down by Thanoj. Whichever way they can't play together. Wright needs to inject some speed of thought into his game and adjust to BSP time on the ball not div 1 strolling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
jock dock tower
April 8, 2012, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I think we fcuk 'em tactics wise by playing rush goalie!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
STB
April 8, 2012, 7:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from jock dock tower
I think we fcuk 'em tactics wise by playing rush goalie!

Or any former Liverpool striker.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
arryarryarry
April 8, 2012, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from ticker_1610

Wright was no better than Thanoj.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
upthestripes
April 8, 2012, 11:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Bring back Manny.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
bobbyturtle
April 8, 2012, 11:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
thanoj is still a young nipper and is learning all the time.
don't think we can be too hard on him

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Quakerz
April 9, 2012, 1:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Please make sure you beat these phuckers, thanks in advance.

I don't think I could take it if they made the play offs, what with their 600 crowds yet amazing ability to pay Darlo's ex players a wage that Darlo couldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
mariner91
April 9, 2012, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,813
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Quakerz
Please make sure you beat these phuckers, thanks in advance.

I don't think I could take it if they made the play offs, what with their 600 crowds yet amazing ability to pay Darlo's ex players a wage that Darlo couldn't.

Well seen as Darlo couldn't pay them at all thats hardly surprising.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Neilo83
April 9, 2012, 7:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ticker_1610

Looks like we should be taking ur views with a pinch of salt  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
123ball
April 9, 2012, 1:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from ticker_1610

Oh ok well done to Keltie (don't really care), well done to you being at the game, but your knowledge on how football should be played is shockingly excrement so your view on the game in my opinion is unnecessary. Wright lost 95% of the balls that were coming his way. In all fairness Thanoj and Wright have never played along side each other, but who can we blame for this? My answer, the managers. It has only been recently grimsby have been losing, early January we had a winning team but since the new players have arrived on the scene that's when everything went/has gone mammaries up. They do not fit well into the team and they don't know each others strengths and weaknesses. Thanoj and Disley should be playing along side with each other, as should Hearn and Elding. If you remember correctly that was the time the ball was in the back of the net. Use your common sense. TO BE HONEST 'PAL' your opinion means intercourse all, as you clearly need to learn what good football is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
80sglory
April 9, 2012, 1:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I think with Artus and Thanoj in the middle together you lack a real ball winner and can get a foot in etc. Those two are passers, more attack minded midfielders.

True but you can't have everything.
They've got to do a job in there at some point and if you play Church, he's not good enough.
Thanoj and Artus are capable of tackling as much as anyone else and they won't improve unless they play.
Until we get the passing game sorted and control the midfield we'll struggle IMO.
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.