Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 61 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 5,182 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
April 7, 2012, 8:55pm
Guest User
From the sounds of it the players have given up on the play-offs for this year and so are not putting 100% in. Darlos player may have more to player for? Or have teams worked out how we play, and are playing closer attention to Liam Hearn etc.? Are we just a 1 trick side at the moment, unable to change things around to a differant system when it seems other sides have figured us out?
Reply: 20 - 49
aaron rattray
April 7, 2012, 9:07pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Abdul19
You should've just said you were 15 from the start and it would've saved you the hassle.

He would of beleived me, i should of paid 10 pound cos i am 16 but the ticketman looked at my birth certificate and did some sums on fingers and muttered something and charged me a fiver when it should of been a tenner

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Rob_in_Grimsby
April 7, 2012, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
I for one think that we started with the wrong line up from the start,  leaving Wood, Disley, Miller, Coulson  and Elding out the starting 11 was a massive under estimation of Darlington’s ability by our managers, Then on top of that the players seem to have one tactic only, Darlington at the start sat back and expected us to have a go, when we didn’t they realised that could get something out the game and had a go which is credit to the team they have, I thought their Goalie was outstanding for a 17 year old rookie, Why do our managers say on the radio we take one game at a time then rest half the team for Monday?

Lastly what do they see in Duffy, he was awful today, I would have started with Elding then given Hughes-Mason the last 20-30 mins when they should have been tiring. We only seem to have a plan A and no plan B tactically and teams have worked that out,  Not enough effort or vision in the team today and don’t deserve to be in the playoffs this season when we put in performances like that.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
pontoonlew
April 7, 2012, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 182
Quoted from aaron rattray
I said to the man in the ticket booth "student please because im 16" and he said i needed ID and so i went back to the coach to get my birth certificate, i went to the booth again and he said "5 pound please" and i was expecting to pay 10 pound, so with the ticket man moaning i saved a fiver, did anybody see me in the stand?

[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/branston_imp/n1wv8.gif[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
barralad
April 7, 2012, 10:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Definitely short changed by that today. Some are clearly in need of a rest (Townsend). Some are clearly in need of a good talking to about their responsibility to at least try to behave like a professional footballer on the pitch so that the 450 + Town fans who gave up good money to see them might actually get some value for their money.

For me Wright can clear off back up the A180-massive disappointment. I've stuck up for Duffy on here but he doesn't make it easy with non-performances like that.

The one player who really shone today for me was James McKeown who made at least two excellent saves preventing certain goals.

Liam Hearn left his shooting boots at home again although he was the only player we had on show who at least had a vague idea of the aim of the game of football.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
mariner91
April 7, 2012, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,847
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from pontoonlew

[img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/branston_imp/n1wv8.gif[/img]

That is a seriously impressive party trick. Daren't try it though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Les Brechin
April 7, 2012, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,731
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from aaron rattray

He would of beleived me, i should of paid 10 pound cos i am 16 but the ticketman looked at my birth certificate and did some sums on fingers and muttered something and charged me a fiver when it should of been a tenner

Aaron, next time you have an English lesson at school, ask the teacher to teach you the difference between the words "of" and "have" and the context in which to use them.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Pelham
April 7, 2012, 11:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -34
Quoted from RoboCod
For all our lack of quality Darlo did sound up for it. Probably left it all too late but it'll be interesting to see if they go for the jugular against Lincoln on Monday.

That's just stupid. We were outplayed not because we weren't 'up for it' (which is just the kind of moronic hint Scott would say) but because they played good, attractive, technically intelligent football and we just hoofed it. Until we get rid of these pathetic managers we will never e. o this league. They need to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
April 7, 2012, 11:59pm
Guest User
Quoted from Pelham

That's just stupid. We were outplayed not because we weren't 'up for it' (which is just the kind of moronic hint Scott would say) but because they played good, attractive, technically intelligent football and we just hoofed it. Until we get rid of these pathetic managers we will never e. o this league. They need to go.

We have not seen you since October when we lost to Luton , Where have you been may I ask?
Reply: 28 - 49
we will return
April 7, 2012, 11:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
Quoted from Pelham

Good one

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.