Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Hearn & Elding T-shirts.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 46 Guests

New Hearn & Elding T-shirts.

This thread currently has 3,627 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bullitt
April 4, 2012, 7:36pm
Guest User
Exactly, the club is missing out on big opportunities in regards to merchandising i.e. Harry Haddocks, retro shirts, even retro plain black and white scarfs.
Reply: 30 - 49
hertfordshire mariner
April 4, 2012, 7:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
I would pay good money for a classic Town shirt, I.e the 1978-80 Admiral shirts, the Adidas 81-82, that Hobbott effort and I'm sure others would be willing to spend a quid or two on them as well. I know there are 60's era replicas out there but they don't do it for me. I don't know what kind of cost would be involved to get these shirts made but I think it would be worth the club looking into it (if they already haven't) as I think they would sell for as much as a current replica, possibly more.

I remember a thread on here a year or so ago when people where talking about the possibilities of getting these kind of shirts made, I could be wrong but I seem to remember somebody posting a link to a company that would make pretty much any shirt you wanted as long as the company got an order for at least fifty. Something for the trust to have a look at maybe?

id pay good money for the adidas one with findus as the sponsor written vertically or the 82-83 adidas one.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Grimsby_Town/Grimsby_Town.htm

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
wigworld
April 4, 2012, 7:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 2075
Exactly, the club is missing out on big opportunities in regards to merchandising i.e. Harry Haddocks, retro shirts, even retro plain black and white scarfs.

These are available. There's some woman in Darlington knitting them to save her club.

Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 49
Tommy
April 4, 2012, 7:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 2075

Hopefully this is something the trust will be looking to help with and try to improve.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
BlackBoots
April 4, 2012, 8:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from Tommy

Hopefully this is something the trust will be looking to help with and try to improve.

They have started with these;

http://cultzeros.co.uk/grimsbytown.asp?PARTNER=MarinersTrust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
tonyfordsmicrofro
April 4, 2012, 8:23pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from wigworld

These are available. There's some woman in Darlington knitting them to save her club.

My missus bought me a black and white scarf about two years ago after looking on the OS online shop and going in to the club shop, she couldn't find one so she ended up googling 'Newcastle Scarves' on ebay........... Job done.

With the greatest of respect to the lady from Darlington who is knitting the scarves, I wouldn't buy one from her. Our club should be buying them at a decent price and putting them on their shelves with a decent mark up, pocketing the money themselves as there is obvious demand for them. Charity begins at home (for want of a better phrase). Even If the club bought them from the Darlington lady that is knitting them and then selling them on for a profit, I'd have no problems with this. Everyone's a winner.

I suppose, what I'm getting at is, why is our marketing department so slow on picking up on things like this? Like others have said, these T-shirts, particularly the Elding one would've flown off the shelf three months ago.

One last thing. Does anybody else think that Hearn looks more than a tad uncomfortable modelling his shirt?

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
Abdul19
April 4, 2012, 8:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 2075

Its all good, I just cringe when people think its a Citeh thing.

To be fair to Citeh fans though, they do call it 'The Poznan'.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
TWAreaTownSupporter
April 4, 2012, 9:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from BlackBoots

The Cockers one makes him look like Hitler.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
TWAreaTownSupporter
April 4, 2012, 9:16pm
Brandy Drinker
PS giving you free rein with the wording is asking for it with some of the players/managers.  No prizes for guessing what people will want on the Rob Scott one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
TWAreaTownSupporter
April 4, 2012, 9:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 1054
If they made one with a picture of fenty with '10 years of hurt" on the front and "epic fail" on the back, i'd buy a dozen!

Isn't that a line from 3 Fish on a Shirt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Hearn & Elding T-shirts.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.