Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My wish list team for next season!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 46 Guests

My wish list team for next season!

This thread currently has 6,455 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
March 31, 2012, 11:06pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1739
Reeves would be a better addition than Shaw in my opinion. Maybe we should have a look at some of Southports players as I think we need to be abit more physical and they are probably the most physical team in the league. Also I would like to see us sign Magno Viera from Fleetwood who scored 21 goals last year and seems to be out of favour at Fleetwood especially if they get in the football league. Willock from Ebsfleet also looks a good player although he is 30 years old now. Spencer from Hyde who has scored 23 goals in 23 apperances looks a good player aswell.Cook from Barrow and Gray from Southport are two others who have scored alot in this league. Just some suggestions but out of all of them Reeves is the stand out player for me , UTM!

The only reason I didn't pick Reeves is because I'm unsure what type of striker he is whereas I know Shaw can play the target man role which would compliment Hearn as well as scoring a few himself! I also like John-Paul Kissock at Luton, very skilful and creative, I see Alex Lawless is out of contract too and out of favour with the Luton Faithful, worth a punt?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 84
ticker_1610
March 31, 2012, 11:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
The CM Kluknowski or sumat from FGR a beast of a CM but engine like a steam train covers acres of the pitch back and forward, breaks up play, drives forward in support and leads in the middle. Got a hatrick today from CM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
March 31, 2012, 11:18pm
Guest User
All I know is that he is out of contract at the end of the season and he has good pace and knows how to finish. I have heard alot of league clubs are after him but if he doesnt want to take the risk of going to the league and not adapting to the league then he may want to come to a good blue square club. If he continues his goalscoring record then he could be on for 50 goals + this season which would be 20 more than Hearns last season. I for one hope Hurst and Scott are speaking to him now before other clubs start sniffing around him.
Reply: 12 - 84
BlackBoots
March 31, 2012, 11:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
There are strong rumours that our managerial duo have been watching players from the level below and have spoken to a couple of targets. Obviously other clubs will be doing the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
March 31, 2012, 11:52pm
Guest User
Anybody heard any rumours from anyone who we have spoken to?
Reply: 14 - 84
mariner91
March 31, 2012, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from ticker_1610
The CM Kluknowski or sumat from FGR a beast of a CM but engine like a steam train covers acres of the pitch back and forward, breaks up play, drives forward in support and leads in the middle. Got a hatrick today from CM!

Would love to see him here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
March 31, 2012, 11:58pm
Guest User
Would love to see Kluknowski here aswell. Can break up play and be good in an attacking role. Would be a great addition ,UTM!
Reply: 16 - 84
acko338
April 1, 2012, 7:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Jan Klukowski - stand out player in a mid table team - if he could fit in he would put power and strength into an often overrun midfield against more physical teams.

Also a proven goalscorer at this level as a midfielder!

Others - Ross Hannath - Halifax, and the newish striker at Guiseley - James ??

From the take over point last year, we have improved, next year I would expect new impetus with any signings to be automatic promotion contenders from the very first game.

Three good strong signings , well chosen, could be all that's needed to beat the top teams, and not be outdone by stronger, better bsall playing teams at the top.

York and Kiddy show the style and power that we should be seeking, adding our in form strikers on top, note - in form !!

We've dipped in form over the last month compared to the last three - could it bethe class of teams we faced in the period and we looked better against poorer opposition?

The poor run from Coulson is highly significant, and Disley / Artus carrying injuries have all weakened the quality of the midfielders on show.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
Mariners_15
April 1, 2012, 8:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
I was going to start a thread about this yesterday, look at what York did, nicked 4-5 quality players from teams in this league under their noses, the likes of Matty Blair, that option seems to be the only way out of this league....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
ticker_1610
April 1, 2012, 8:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Good point, York also got Walker who had been poached by Luton from Barrow I believe but then didn't deliver, York got him n he looks very, quick, strong and great movement, (when fit).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My wish list team for next season!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.