Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tondeur...balls of steel !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 89 Guests

Tondeur...balls of steel !

This thread currently has 8,471 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
April 1, 2012, 9:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Mourinho, Mancini, fergie etc answer questions like that all the time. Not defending the answer but it was hardly a great question. Similar to burnsys idiotic question to nick barmby...'do you need to bring in new/more players?'

After around fifteen seconds of silence barmby simply replied with 'how do I do that then? The loan and transfer windows are excrement'

Some times journos just ask silly questions.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 97
Harlem mariner
April 1, 2012, 10:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from MuddyWaters
TBH we've looked pretty average in the last 3 home games and not great at Luton & Tamworth either. Buck stops with H&S and if you take Liam out of the equation, we would be lower than we were under Woods.

And if my aunty had balls..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 97
Harlem mariner
April 1, 2012, 10:15am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Neilo83
Massive over reaction again, happening a lot on here lately!

I like rob scotts passion about our club but talking to people like shiit isnt necessary, hurst should do all the media
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 97
voice of reason
April 1, 2012, 10:23am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Harlem mariner

I like rob scotts passion about our club but talking to people like shiit isnt necessary, hurst should do all the media

Personally I don't think he has any passion for the club, just a passion for winning to improve his career... I don't see anything wrong with that really but like you say, there is no need to speak to people like he does...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 97
Harlem mariner
April 1, 2012, 10:31am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from voice of reason

Personally I don't think he has any passion for the club, just a passion for winning to improve his career... I don't see anything wrong with that really but like you say, there is no need to speak to people like he does...

If hes winning where winning thats all i care about tbh. As for furthering his career i predict he,l never manage higher than league 1 anyway so he might as well stick with us,very positive for next yr
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 97
Mariner Ronnie
April 1, 2012, 11:15am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAZsoF-ghw

only noticed this gem yesterday, but cloughie possibly does the best down to earth interview ever

(if someone who knows how to put the video on the thread itself it'd be appreciated )

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 97
Chris
April 1, 2012, 11:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from UTFM

Is it a politically astute thing to do for a member of the Trust's board to be calling the gaffer a "moron" in a public venue?  Why be so personal with the abuse?

Chris, I understand that you wish your views here on the Fishy to be viewed as your own (and not representative of the Trust), but in all honesty word will get back to Rob Scott that an important member of the Mariner's Trust is calling him a "moron" in public.  Are you OK with that?  And will this help achieve the goals that the Trust are working towards in regards to working more closely with the club?

Not an attack... just an observation.

I see your point and respect it.

I can always be removed from the board of said organisation, its no great problem and certainly no great concern to me should it happen. We've been told to refrain from expressing opinion under our public names (as Wrarbs mentioned earlier) but I forgot to set up and post under an anonymous name, I just haven't posted.

Stupid me.

Ironic that doing something for the good of the club you love excludes you from publicly commenting on it with the freedom afforded to others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 97
Chris
April 1, 2012, 11:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from cleefish
myself I would rather have someone with his fiery temperament than some tame Neil woods type who will apologize week after week. Scott clearly disappointed when we lose a game, only because he cares and wants to win.
After so many poor managers/coaches it is in my book a good start to have3 a young duo who know what they want and are not afraid to get it or express thier thoughts or feelings.
After all this season they have at least got us in the top 10 fighting for promotional even if it is a step to far this season s next season with a leave out of crawley/forest greens book we maybe able to bye our way out of this dam pit of a league as it seems the only way out.UTMM.

Just like to say that Neil Woods was never "tame" when I spoke to him about GTFC. Is it possible that he had a different style with the press to that he had in the dressing room?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 97
siy2k5
April 1, 2012, 11:52am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from MuddyWaters
TBH we've looked pretty average in the last 3 home games and not great at Luton & Tamworth either. Buck stops with H&S and if you take Liam out of the equation, we would be lower than we were under Woods.

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle! What a ridiculous comment, we HAVE got Liam, so your point is moot.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 97
siy2k5
April 1, 2012, 11:53am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Harlem mariner

And if my aunty had balls..

Damn, you beat me to it

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tondeur...balls of steel !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.