No Members and 157 Guests

Contracts

This thread currently has 3,948 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
April 2, 2012, 3:57am
Guest User
Quoted from kevikov
Coulo has looked out of sorts recently, no doubt about that but last year and this year he's scored goals
and assists particularly in plenty. Thats probably the reason the managers stick by him even through the
dry spells. I would like to see him as an attacking mid but struggle to see how we'd fit him in. Alongside
disley? wright? thanoj? Can't quite see it myself unless a proper 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.

You're right it's very difficult but agreed, either of those two formations,

Is this that what you mean by 4-3-3 ?

e.g.
....................McKeown
Silk........Pearson....Miller......Town
.......Wright....Disley....Artus
...................Coulson
.............Elding.......Hearn

Yes no wingers but hey, hardly been a roaring success left side anyway and you can't have everything !

Either that or dare I say, realase Silk and Townsend for extra kitty money (sounds uncomfortable I know !) and go 3-4-1-2 ?
Reply: 30 - 42
Rick12
April 2, 2012, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from kevikov
Coulo has looked out of sorts recently
which is a shame as he is he one of my favourite players.Hope he can get back playing to his best and any possible issues on his mind that may be potentially affecting his on field play eg possible moves away is sorted asap.Hope the gaffers can give him a decent wage as he certainly merits it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
roundballovalhole
April 2, 2012, 11:33am
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
Well there is no doubt about it that our financial situation is better now than what it was this time last year

No doubt? What you on about???  Deeper in debt to Fenty, parachute payments to non-league stopped, one investor not potentially two and the one who went just paid money in and not in loans.

The New Barrymore strikes again???
Reply: 32 - 42
arryarryarry
April 2, 2012, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,023
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from 1739
Thanoj has already signed his new deal hasnt he?

Not what I understand he has refused the offer which I have heard is about £13 grand p.a.

May be something to do with him being out of the squad at the moment.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
kevikov
April 2, 2012, 5:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from 1600

You're right it's very difficult but agreed, either of those two formations,

Is this that what you mean by 4-3-3 ?

e.g.
....................McKeown
Silk........Pearson....Miller......Town
.......Wright....Disley....Artus
...................Coulson
.............Elding.......Hearn

Yes no wingers but hey, hardly been a roaring success left side anyway and you can't have everything !

I see your reasoning, looks quite balanced too. You could also swap coulo for soares, wright for coulo etc etc
depending on personnel available.

Either that or dare I say, realase Silk and Townsend for extra kitty money (sounds uncomfortable I know !) and go 3-4-1-2 ?

Not too sure about gung ho or bust tbh! I'd quite like to try out a 5-3-2 number with wing backs bombing on, you need
pacy, direct wing backs who can read the game well and "know" when to push on but not get caught out. That leaves you
your 3 centre backs for a brick wall and extra cover at corners. Again our midfield would need to be able to drift outside to cover overlapping wing backs and link up but with disley/artus i'm confident they're more than capable, someone like wright could just sit and mop up the loose balls. Would suit hearn or khm too with quick link up play and simple triangles that create space and encourage width. Bloody easy this managing lark  

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
80sglory
April 2, 2012, 7:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from kevikov
Not too sure about gung ho or bust tbh!

To be fair neither am I !

Quoted from kevikov
I'd quite like to try out a 5-3-2 number with wing backs bombing on, you need
pacy, direct wing backs who can read the game well and "know" when to push on but not get caught out. That leaves you
your 3 centre backs for a brick wall and extra cover at corners. Again our midfield would need to be able to drift outside to cover overlapping wing backs and link up but with disley/artus i'm confident they're more than capable, someone like wright could just sit and mop up the loose balls. Would suit hearn or khm too with quick link up play and simple triangles that create space and encourage width. Bloody easy this managing lark  

I do see the merit in this 5-3-2 wingbacks idea.
I guess Bradley Wood could bomb on and do a good job and if the wingbacks push up it might be end up like a 3-5-2 anyway.
But yeah, you're probably closer to the truth with midfielders covering for overlapping wingbacks and there being more space and width.
To be fair, guess that's how things used to be when we were flying several years ago and we also have some room for improvement on the flanks too.
But is the big asumption that we're playing a passing game ?
Reply: 35 - 42
aaron rattray
April 2, 2012, 8:13pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from 1054

No doubt? What you on about???  Deeper in debt to Fenty, parachute payments to non-league stopped, one investor not potentially two and the one who went just paid money in and not in loans.

The New Barrymore strikes again???

The alan connell sale and the ryan bennett sale

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
DarlingtonFC1883
April 2, 2012, 8:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -3

That never netted Grimsby much really. It will have been swallowed up by the losses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
roundballovalhole
April 2, 2012, 8:16pm
Guest User

If i sold my house (the tiny bit the bank doesnt own) would that make  me better off?
Reply: 38 - 42
80sglory
April 2, 2012, 9:07pm
Guest User
Not if you're always gonna be argumentative and negative about everything...
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contracts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.