No Members and 83 Guests

White Away Kit

This thread currently has 1,734 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Chris_gtfc1
March 29, 2012, 8:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Having just read an article about Birmingham City not wearing their away kit. Have we even woren are white away kit this season or have we like Birmingham City fans been ripped off for a kit that has never been used?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
roundballovalhole
March 29, 2012, 8:59pm
Guest User
How are you ripped off? Its the third kit. . . not likely to be used too often. . . just dont get why you feel ripped off!
Reply: 1 - 18
BIGChris
March 29, 2012, 9:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
White is actually the 2nd strip and was sold as such. We have worn it in a couple of away fixtures but in the vast majority of away games we have worn blue, a kit not available to buy??

I dont see it as ripping anyone off- we all have a choice
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Chris_gtfc1
March 29, 2012, 9:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
It's not the third kit, if you look on the website it is advertised as the 'away kit' and well why buy a kit if it's never going to be used.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
we will return
March 29, 2012, 9:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -1
Approval: +35
I don't see why we haven't worn it very often, for example we could have worn it away at Tamworth but still chose to wear blue.

UTM!
The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2013!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
I believe in Cod
March 29, 2012, 9:39pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
I really like it regardless.

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
aldi_01
March 29, 2012, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
A white away kit was always going to be a silly colour when te league has a lot of teams with white as a dominant colour in they kit...

I personally think the club dropped a bollock and should've had a blue away kit again and sold that, I'm sure more would've bought it than the white...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Harlem mariner
March 29, 2012, 9:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from BIGChris
White is actually the 2nd strip and was sold as such. We have worn it in a couple of away fixtures but in the vast majority of away games we have worn blue, a kit not available to buy??

I dont see it as ripping anyone off- we all have a choice

Surely the trust should mention this to the powers that be that wearing a kit thats not  available is madness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
RichMariner
March 29, 2012, 9:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 217
The white kit was marketed as the away kit and, as such, fans bought it under the assumption that we would be wearing it in away games where home teams don't wear white.

In reality, we've hardly worn it. Even on occasions when white wouldn't have clashed with the home team, e.g. Newport, Tamworth etc, we've worn blue, which is a bit of a mystery.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Pontoon Steve
March 29, 2012, 10:23pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
A lot of the away matches we have played in this season, we could of easily wore the black n white stripes

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › White Away Kit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.