Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets not fizzle out eh?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

Lets not fizzle out eh?

This thread currently has 1,544 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
March 28, 2012, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,330
Gold Stars: 229
While our position and form appear to have slipped over the last month can we please keep a little hope on the backburner and not turn into the ultra negative, booing supporters on Saturday screaming for the duo's head when we give a throw in away.

It is not over yet and anyone old enough to remember what the name Jimmy Glass is synonymous with should bear in mind it really isnt over until its over.

We have had a hell of alot more effort, desire and goals at BP this season than we have had for years, the players do look leggy as a result and thats the way the commentary sounded last night. At the final whistle on Saturday three or four of the players just collapsed in a heap and cramped up.....half of those played again last night on a sloping pitch which itself is tiring.

Maybe a bit of crowd backing on Saturday will spur them on, certainly did on Saturday, the last home game the atmosphere was like the staff library down the morgue. I think the squad deserves better for their efforts.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Codswede
March 28, 2012, 9:42am

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from moosey_club
While our position and form appear to have slipped over the last month can we please keep a little hope on the backburner and not turn into the ultra negative, booing supporters on Saturday screaming for the duo's head when we give a throw in away.

It is not over yet and anyone old enough to remember what the name Jimmy Glass is synonymous with should bear in mind it really isnt over until its over.

We have had a hell of alot more effort, desire and goals at BP this season than we have had for years, the players do look leggy as a result and thats the way the commentary sounded last night. At the final whistle on Saturday three or four of the players just collapsed in a heap and cramped up.....half of those played again last night on a sloping pitch which itself is tiring.

Maybe a bit of crowd backing on Saturday will spur them on, certainly did on Saturday, the last home game the atmosphere was like the staff library down the morgue. I think the squad deserves better for their efforts.

UTM

Getting a weak hand on Kingsley Black's bullet header at Wembley???

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
newdoctower
March 28, 2012, 1:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from moosey_club

Got to remember that a couple of our players were part time last season , plus the ones who weren't getting games at their own club  . Again we have over the last few weeks been playing against teams from the land of the giants and have been kicked all over the park .

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
80sglory
March 28, 2012, 4:16pm
Guest User
Good post.

They certainly deserve some credit and certainly don't deserve any stick for their efforts.
That said, they're professional footballers, history is history and they need to grit their teeth and get on with it.

Fans should never get on the players backs at BP.
But equally, there's only so much hand holding you can do in EVERY game, especially with next season on the horizon.

I'll be clapping them for their efforts but I'm not gonna be cheering like a madman for no reason unless it's deserved.

If we do well then great.
If there are cracks then we arguably need to know about them asap.

If they're tired (and I suspect they are) then I will cut them a large amount of slack.
But equally, I'm not giving them free reign to coast-about or take it easy when I'm paying £16 either !
Reply: 3 - 12
moosey_club
March 28, 2012, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,330
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from 1600
Good post.

If they're tired (and I suspect they are) then I will cut them a large amount of slack.
But equally, I'm not giving them free reign to coast-about or take it easy when I'm paying £16 either !

Exactly my point. When have you seen this team,  under this management do that? Its not over yet and they may well come up just a little short but it certainly wont be for the want of trying.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
moss_side_mariner
March 28, 2012, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
IMHO, last night seemed like an end of season display. We gave the ball away too often and made some basic errors. how many times this season has liam hearn got himself in a position to roll the ball in but last nights chance came back off the post. After the great run we went on, I always thought we could get found out in March as the fixtures started piling up.

I hope to be looking back on this season as the "turn-around" season.

UTM

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
80sglory
March 28, 2012, 9:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Exactly my point. When have you seen this team,  under this management do that?

My issue isn't whether we've been putting it all in, it's whether we've always put it all in as soon as we perhaps should, or until we've had to.
No doubt we did so last night but not sure it's always been the case.
I could argue we've started slow in some games but yes, I agree you're generally right.

Quoted from moosey_club
Its not over yet and they may well come up just a little short but it certainly wont be for the want of trying.

Good - they won't need me cheering them on like a madman from the first whistle then.

All I'm saying is, it's up to the team to put in enough reasonable effort but more importantly, give us something to cheer.
Not for everyone to ALWAYS have to be the extra man every time.
Most times I'll get behind the team 100% from the off, on this occasion I'll be carefully observing with carefully selected applause.

If we take the game to them I'll help and join in but I'm not playing cheerleader for no reason.
Yes the playoffs may still mathematically possible but much more likely, there are bigger issues ahead.
Reply: 6 - 12
March 28, 2012, 9:25pm
Guest User
Season is over for me yes a bit negative but im a realist there's only a glimmer of hope we would need to win all our remaining games and still rely on other teams so to be realistic it ain't gonna happen, time to blood the fringe players and prepare for next season when I'm sure we'll be a bit of a force in this shithole league.
Reply: 7 - 12
March 28, 2012, 9:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578
Season is over for me yes a bit negative but im a realist there's only a glimmer of hope we would need to win all our remaining games and still rely on other teams so to be realistic it ain't gonna happen, time to blood the fringe players and prepare for next season when I'm sure we'll be a bit of a force in this shithole league.

If we win five out of the next six we have every chance of making the play offs. We're not dead yet, it is a shite league and we are capable of putting a run together.
Reply: 8 - 12
March 28, 2012, 9:56pm
Guest User
Big if tho vicar on current form then again i suppose anythings possible in football.
Reply: 9 - 12
March 31, 2012, 5:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from 2578

Couldn't agree more.
Reply: 10 - 12
NorfolkImp
April 2, 2012, 4:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 75

If we win five out of the next six we have every chance of making the play offs. We're not dead yet, it is a shite league and we are capable of putting a run together.

Such optimism young Vic .... the best fiver I've ever wasted betting on a Trophy/Play-off double back in January  

Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
hook line and sinker
April 2, 2012, 7:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Such optimism young Vic .... the best fiver I've ever wasted betting on a Trophy/Play-off double back in January  

You must of clicked on this post thinking it was about man city eh aryan? "fizzling out"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets not fizzle out eh?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.