Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exiles..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 57 Guests

Exiles..

This thread currently has 6,713 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
mike_d
March 27, 2012, 12:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Oakham, Rutland.

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 96
Codswede
March 27, 2012, 12:59pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from forza ivano

Nice city, Santander.had several weekends there. jardin secreto on calle del cardenal ciseros is a lovely little hotel, and has a good little bar opposite where the girl lived in scotland for a few years.some brill tapas bar - found a lovely one off calle hernan cortes where they have a6 foot blackboard with all the spanish wines listed on it - we did our best to try them all!!

Yeah I love it here! Can't go wrong in any 'typical' Spanish bar, as long as you stay away from the coca-cola signs and the likes haha. 25+c here today, but I'm really suffering from the twatting mosquitoes!

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 96
forza ivano
March 27, 2012, 1:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Codswede

Yeah I love it here! Can't go wrong in any 'typical' Spanish bar, as long as you stay away from the coca-cola signs and the likes haha. 25+c here today, but I'm really suffering from the twatting mosquitoes!

mention of coca cola and santander = our first experience of calimocho! jeez; now that is 1 disgusting drink! the alternative of wine and pineapple juice was only slightly more palatable!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 96
tanga_the_indestructible
March 27, 2012, 1:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Formerly London and New York, now a more sedentary pace in Bedford.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 96
FishOutOfWater
March 27, 2012, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from wigworld
Just wondering about other exiles. Do your children support Town or their local team? My two girls aren't interested at all, but after a short time supporting the mudrats when he was younger, my lad's now a Town supporter (doesn't care about the stick he gets at school). How about your kids?

Living in Goole since 2005

My three kids have all endured the delights and disappointments of following the Mariners with me yet none were born anywhere near GY

Eldest girl was born in MK and then two (one of each) in Hinchingbrooke, Huntingdon.......think they just took pity on their poor old dad making the trek to BP and wanted to see what went on over there!

Anyway though his sisters haven't seen any games of late, my youngest got his first Mariners season ticket this campaign and is proud to wear the black and white stripes in an area where Leeds, Hull and Donny seem to be the first choice.

Any btw, I won't even go there with the Man Ure "supporting" Yorkies...wouldn't their War of the Roses ancestors be proud of them turning to the other side!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 54 - 96
oldludensian
March 27, 2012, 1:23pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
Essex. Deep in the The Only Way Is Essex country. Unfotunately  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 96
FishOutOfWater
March 27, 2012, 1:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from oldludensian
Essex. Deep in the The Only Way Is Essex country. Unfotunately  

Shat ap!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 96
grimsbyreaper
March 27, 2012, 2:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Do I class as a mid-week /part-time exile?
Live near Brigg at the weekend, but for work I stay in Leamington Spa during the week. Several Mariners fans here, although I can't persuade any of them to Tamworth tonight.

I thought I had seen the end of the world. Desolation, Isolation, Destruction, Mutants and the end of Civilisation.
Turns out bloody Tom Tom had directed me through Scunthorpe City Centre.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 96
houser
March 27, 2012, 2:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Nottingham for about the last 15 years so guess iv got my passport now..My little boys from Nott'm along with his family so he's Forest but at least he's not Notts Caaaanty..Town are his 2nd team though and you can quote me on this  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 96
Dobbo
March 27, 2012, 2:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Barrie, Ontario, Canada for me. About an hour north of Toronto. Been here 4 years and love it. The only thing I miss is GTFC.

UTM

Fernaux is the idiot your village is missing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exiles..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.