1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
psgmariner
March 26, 2012, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
They have just retweeted a pretty stupid and immature tweet from Josh Freeman. Not sure labelling it as vile homophobia helps anyone...

Wonder if he will get a rap on the knuckles now.

Private Message
Chrisblor
March 26, 2012, 11:44am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,983
Gold Stars: 243
Ignorant footballer in ignorance shock.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
psgmariner
March 26, 2012, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor
Ignorant footballer in ignorance shock.

You would think they would be less ignorant after recent high profile cases like Lee Steele's (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16511735) Macheda's and Morrison's.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Chrisblor
March 26, 2012, 11:59am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,983
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from psgmariner

You would think they would be less ignorant after recent high profile cases like Lee Steele's (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-16511735) Macheda's and Morrison's.

I'd be surprised if any of our youth team even knew something like that had happened. I think players often lose sight of the fact that everything they write on twitter can be viewed by the public. The club probably needs to drive that point home and make it clear that if players choose to use social media they should do it in a responsible fashion otherwise there will be consequences.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
mardy fish
March 26, 2012, 12:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Josh has now apologised and deleted his tweet. We've responded by deleting the CA tweet which took him to task over it. He sounds genuinely sorry so I think it's fair to move on.

I know some folks will think it a fuss over nothing, but equally, other people think homophobia should always be challenged, even if it's only meant as 'banter'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Super Clive
March 26, 2012, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Silly twits never learn.... Do extra training and stop wanking over social networking
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Drinkells Boot
March 26, 2012, 7:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -1
You know when you were at school and there was always a class snitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
newfootballer
March 26, 2012, 8:27pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from Chrisblor

I'd be surprised if any of our youth team even knew something like that had happened. I think players often lose sight of the fact that everything they write on twitter can be viewed by the public. The club probably needs to drive that point home and make it clear that if players choose to use social media they should do it in a responsible fashion otherwise there will be consequences.

I agree fully with everything you put in your post,.

It is crazy to allow players to vent their frustrations on a website with out fear from the Club that if they speak out of line they have to face the penalty for breaking the club rules and regulations.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cod Almighty Twitter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.