Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Referee.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 79 Guests

The Referee.

This thread currently has 2,434 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rhys_Mariners
March 24, 2012, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
People say bad decisions usually balance out over the course of the season. But i'm failing to remember the last game we had a decent ref. I counted three corners we should of had today he gave goal kicks. Their keeper was laughing after he tipped that one over the bar at the end!

Also did anyone think their player should of been sent of for that foul on KHM at the end or did he get it right this time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
March 24, 2012, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Wasn't at the game but the commentary again put over the fact that the refs are just clowns in this league. Apparently a Town player was booked for disputing the 'goal kick' at the end, and a Luton player was booked for (maybe a little over zealously) bringing to the refs attention the fact that his lino was flagging for a foul and the ref had failed to look in his direction. This goes nicely with the Townsend booking the other week where he was booked for time wasting at a throw in, even though the bal was in the possession of the crowd.

Three quick examples, amongst probably hundreds, of refereeing lunacy, yellow cards that cannot be rescinded and refs that don't even have to explain their (at times bizzarre) actions and continue to ruin the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
MargeMariner
March 24, 2012, 9:31pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
The person at fault was the lino who officated during the whole of the second half with the strong sun in his eyes. Instead of admitting it and shrugging his shoulders he gave every decision to the defending team which did indeed include two blatant corners.
No way IMO was it a sending off though. Not last man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
moosey_club
March 24, 2012, 9:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Not a sending off as he was not the last man.
Ref and linesman were poor today on some simple looking decisions on who touched it last.
Ref was extremely inconsistent especially when it came to aerial duels, what was climbing one minute was backing in the next.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
March 24, 2012, 9:56pm
Guest User
He was an average homer. Lino clearly couldn't see but wasn't brave enough to wear sunglasses, would have caused a stir but I'd have backed him. Never seen it before but I don't see a reason why not?
Reply: 4 - 26
Rhys_Mariners
March 24, 2012, 9:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
or a cap?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Eastendmariner
March 24, 2012, 10:16pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
the linesman was totally inept gave throw in after throw in luton's way when it was a  Town throw .. total joke

gave blatant corners gave goal kicks and flagging offside when he wasn't even up with play

WHEN I PAY TO WATCH TOWN I KNOW I WON'T ALWAYS GET A GOOD GAME FROM MY TEAM  BUT INCOMPETANT LINO AND REF WHO CAN'T FOLLOW BASIC RULES DISGRACEFUL ....

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
mr viv
March 24, 2012, 10:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Clearly a little bald hitler from minute 1. Tried to so authoritive with his decissions but he got so many of them wrong. The corner we didnt get from townsends free kick was nothing short of hideous and good god the fat reetard running the line in front of the massive stand to our left was just unreal!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
mr viv
March 24, 2012, 10:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Clearly a little bald hitler from minute 1. Tried to so authoritive with his decissions but he got so many of them wrong. The corner we didnt get from townsends free kick was nothing short of hideous and good god the fat reetard running the line in front of the massive stand to our left was just unreal!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
SlouchyMetal
March 24, 2012, 10:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +8
Maybe you lot should do the referee's course, then you'll all see just how difficult it is for us. then ill give you a shite load of stick and see how you lot like it

Party on Wayne
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Referee.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.