This thread currently has 1,340 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
James77
March 22, 2012, 1:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
I spotted this morning that Question Time is from Grimsby tonight. Is anyone on here going?

Don't often watch it but I might have to tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Beat me to it...I was going to ask the same question

Could be a feisty show tonight following on from yesterday's budget with the ConDems being represented by Vince Cable!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 10
FishOutOfWater
March 23, 2012, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Anyone watch it?  Not too bad but nowhere near as meaty an agenda as the last one I saw from GY where Margaret Beckett was made to squirm

http://www.independent.co.uk/o.....grimsby-1690304.html

IMHO it didn't seem a very representative mix of Grimsby residents last night but what do I know....I don't live in the town anymore but there didn't seem to be too many local accents coming over the airwaves
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 10
cmackenzie4
March 23, 2012, 2:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Anyone watch it?  Not too bad but nowhere near as meaty an agenda as the last one I saw from GY where Margaret Beckett was made to squirm

http://www.independent.co.uk/o.....grimsby-1690304.html

IMHO it didn't seem a very representative mix of Grimsby residents last night but what do I know....I don't live in the town anymore but there didn't seem to be too many local accents coming over the airwaves

I watched it, Did not recognise anybody in the audience last night were as last time i knew quite a few faces.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
James77
March 23, 2012, 7:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
I watched it and thought it was poor last night. The panel was boring and a couple of the questions were non-starters.

Audience was much less lively that previous times in Grimsby. Surprising number of non-Grimsby accents in the audience too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
psgmariner
March 23, 2012, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TimMickleburgh

Not very observant old chap,one questioneer was a local councillor,another two were  prospective councillors.Just because they can complete a sentence without adding" Darl" at the end doesn't mean they're not local.

What's a questioneer darl?

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
TimMickleburgh
March 23, 2012, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Not very observant old chap,one questioner was a local councillor,another two were  prospective councillors.Just because they can complete a sentence without adding" Darl" at the end doesn't mean they're not local.

“No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin.” Aneurin Bevan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
aldi_01
March 25, 2012, 11:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Many of us may use the term darl a lot, however you have mch more in common with many of the proletariat of Grimsby, an unemployed, parasitic benefit bum...or so I'm told of course...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
barralad
March 26, 2012, 8:36pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Looked like rent-an-audience. I have no idea how they managed to find so many right wing people on the streets of Grimsby. One thing I did notice though was Vince Cable's barely disguised contempt for David Davies.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
kingofthekippers
March 26, 2012, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from barralad
Looked like rent-an-audience. I have no idea how they managed to find so many right wing people on the streets of Grimsby. One thing I did notice though was Vince Cable's barely disguised contempt for David Davies.

I guess it depends how far right-wing you want to go. Sadly I suspect you won't have too much difficulty finding at least two dozen BNP supporters in the town.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question Time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.