3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
March 22, 2012, 6:41am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Of Tottenham "we have lost our way". Yes, because you are not the tactical genius the Sun newspaper has made you out to be! Somebody else (preferably Adkins) for England!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
aldi_01
March 22, 2012, 7:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Or may be he has lost interest in the average side he is manager of...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Harry Haddock
March 22, 2012, 10:42am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
It's obvious. The players are now underperforming in the hope he doesn't get the England job

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
March 22, 2012, 11:23am
Guest User
He's the ONLY choice. I will be delighted when he is appointed.
Reply: 3 - 26
GtfcGarner
March 22, 2012, 12:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,793
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 75
He's the ONLY choice. I will be delighted when he is appointed.

Know you have been to alot of games for England Vicar, but i don't think that he is the right choice i'd much prefer Mourinho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
mariner91
March 22, 2012, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from GtfcGarner

Know you have been to alot of games for England Vicar, but i don't think that he is the right choice i'd much prefer Mourinho.

Why on earth would Mourinho manage the England team?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
davmariner
March 22, 2012, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,960
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from mariner91

Why on earth would Mourinho manage the England team?

Why wouldn't he? He'll probably leave Madrid at the end of the season. He could manage us just for the Euros and return to club football at the start of July. Bung him a few million and I reckon he'd do it.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
mariner91
March 22, 2012, 12:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from davmariner

Why wouldn't he? He'll probably leave Madrid at the end of the season. He could manage us just for the Euros and return to club football at the start of July. Bung him a few million and I reckon he'd do it.

Cause it would ruin his reputation and the press would slate him when the team inevitably get built up as potential champions with world class players all over the pitch then fall at the quarters.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
GrimRob
March 22, 2012, 12:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Look where Spurs were when he took over. It's a no brainer really of the people who are willing to do the job.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 26
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob
Look where Spurs were when he took over. It's a no brainer really of the people who are willing to do the job.

White Hart Lane, Tottenham, N17 0AP I think it was and I believe they still are  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 26
GTFC R MASSIVE
March 22, 2012, 2:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from GrimRob

The seemingly accepted "fact" that Redknapp turned Spurs around from no-hopers is a fallacy.  In Ramos' last full season in charge they finished 5th.  They started poorly early the following season which got Ramos the bullet and Redknapp the job, but in all honesty an untrained chimp could have got Spurs to mid-table that season.  

He's done a decent job no doubt, but the illusion he's dragged Spurs up by their boot laces is nonsense.  He's bettered Ramos' 5th place once, and equalled it once, since Ramos was sacked in October 2008.  

Not exactly the remarkable improvement 'Arrys spin doctors would have us believe.  

That said - i still think he's the best current short-term appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Rick12
March 22, 2012, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Of Tottenham "we have lost our way". Yes, because you are not the tactical genius the Sun newspaper has made you out to be! Somebody else (preferably Adkins) for England!
hes done well this season though ( still in the champion leagues spot).They've had a dip in form but then don't most teams eg Arsenal as a prime example this season.Still like the fella and feel he would be a good candidate for the England job though there are others who are better in my opinion eg O Neil

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
Paris Mariner
March 22, 2012, 2:45pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
He's not a tactical mastermind. He's won one (yes, that's one [1]) trophy in a lengthly managerial career.

This offers a balanced view from this point of view : http://www.guardian.co.uk/foot.....ottenham?INTCMP=SRCH

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 26
Rick12
March 22, 2012, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Paris Mariner
He's not a tactical mastermind. He's won one (yes, that's one [1]) trophy in a lengthly managerial career.

This offers a balanced view from this point of view : http://www.guardian.co.uk/foot.....ottenham?INTCMP=SRCH
decent article thanks for putting it up.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
biggles9999
March 22, 2012, 3:03pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from GTFC R MASSIVE

The seemingly accepted "fact" that Redknapp turned Spurs around from no-hopers is a fallacy.  In Ramos' last full season in charge they finished 5th.  They started poorly early the following season which got Ramos the bullet and Redknapp the job, but in all honesty an untrained chimp could have got Spurs to mid-table that season.  

He's done a decent job no doubt, but the illusion he's dragged Spurs up by their boot laces is nonsense.  He's bettered Ramos' 5th place once, and equalled it once, since Ramos was sacked in October 2008.  

Not exactly the remarkable improvement 'Arrys spin doctors would have us believe.  

Agree with this whole heartedly. His reputation seems to be built on the fact that he had a few 'flying games' such as the Inter Milan win.

This 2nd half of the season has seen him experiment with Bale's position to little effect, bring in short term fixes (Friedel and Nelsen) rather than looking to the future of the club.

In addition many of his better players were brought to the club by the previous set-up (Bale, Walker, Lennon, Dawson, Assou-Ekotou). He's been quite fortunate that they appear to have found their feet in the Premiership under him and not under somebody else. Its only a couple of seasons ago that Bale was a laughing stock. Some of that turn around can be attributed to Redknapp, but I would have thought it obvious to most that Bale was always going to be a very good player given time.

Telling Pavlychencko (sp) to go on and 'run around a bit' hardly inspires with the confidence i'd want in a manger expected to make tactical changes in games.

He is also beginning to cost Spurs games with his insistence on now playing 2 up top when he was having much more success with 5 in the middle.

Despite this I dont think it makes much difference who is in charge over the summer, but I would like to see somebody else given the job in the long term.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
nightrider
March 22, 2012, 4:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
The former Greek manager Otto Rehhagel would have been good short term. He went to Berlin afew weeks ago though.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
psgmariner
March 22, 2012, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The FA seem insistent the next manager has to be British so looks like it's Redknapp's to turn down. Never liked the guy and am shocked that someone who has achieved chuff all is the overwhelming favourite. On the plus side like every man before him he will be torn to shreds eventually and the media love in will at last end.

If it has to be an Englishman then give it to someone up and coming like Adkins.

For me Mourinho would be the ideal choice but as ever we always go for the opposite of what we had before so no chance of a hugely successful winner who was not born in England getting it.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
RonMariner
March 22, 2012, 5:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,799
Gold Stars: 226
At least we seem to have a realistic expectation level ths time. In the past we have always fooled ourselves that we were potential winners. and then suffeerd when we got knocked out by the first decent side we came up against.

This time round I don't think anyone seriously believes we will win the competition, so anything beyond quarter final would be regarded as a good achievement.

I still don't see the England Managers job as a full time role. All the tournaments are in the close season, the rest of the time its a few games a year. No reason why a club manager shouldn't combine both roles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Abdul19
March 22, 2012, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,577
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GTFC R MASSIVE

Ramos finished 11th, but I agree. Redknapp always goes on about the '2 points from 8 games' but it was clearly a false position (much like Arry's 0 points from 2 games at the start of this season).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Theimperialcoroner
March 22, 2012, 7:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
Redknapp is very ordinary, was going to put up the stat of only one trophy myself. He cheated his way to that too . Which English managers have won the most trophies?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
aldi_01
March 22, 2012, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That one trophy could potentially cost the people of Portsmouth their football club...

Redknapp is not the right man but many of us have resigned ourselves to the fact the fa will pick him..as for mourinho, he'd laugh at them...why on earth would he take on a job that even if he won the world cup wouldn't be good enough...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
ska face
March 22, 2012, 8:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from aldi_01
Or may be he has lost interest in the average side he is manager of...

That must be it, he's lost interest in managing the decidedly average likes of Corluka, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Bale, Freidl, Adebayor, Kranjcar and Parker in favour of managing Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka, Theo Walcott and Darren Bent.

Tell us another one...
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Denby
March 22, 2012, 9:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +12 / -2
redknapp is about as tactically astute as a marshmallow

spurs have come undone against all the top sides this season.  when it comes to the crunch, he just isn't a top level manager

this 'blip' in form has come about because spurs had a few harder matches

and he's played modric left wing, genius
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
ginnywings
March 22, 2012, 10:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Denby
redknapp is about as tactically astute as a marshmallow

spurs have come undone against all the top sides this season.  when it comes to the crunch, he just isn't a top level manager

this 'blip' in form has come about because spurs had a few harder matches

and he's played modric left wing, genius

Much like England,which makes him perfect for the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Maringer
March 22, 2012, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,650
Gold Stars: 189
To be fair, Redknapp does look more like Davros, the leader of the Daleks, than any other manager I've seen before.

That's got to count for something, hasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Theimperialcoroner
March 23, 2012, 8:12am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
Redknapp says..... "Wibble, wibble."

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
Madeleymariner
March 23, 2012, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Who ever they appoint, we shouldn't be paying them more than a couple of hundred grand a year for a part time job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Redknapp says

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.