pontoonlew
March 21, 2012, 5:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from nightrider

Made me laugh! The simple things normally do.....

Lew - How long did he take in the shower??!

A matter of seconds after he realised I followed him in there...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
March 21, 2012, 5:47pm
Guest User
Liams tweet from last night 'Get in Pearson son, who needs that Hearn fella!'  

Reply: 21 - 31
brad_gtfc
March 21, 2012, 5:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Maybe the gaffers are bored of all the questions about Hearn even when he was fit.

They emphasise team and work ethic alot, so maybe there bored of people assuming were a one man team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
80sglory
March 22, 2012, 4:03am
Guest User
If he wasn't out the side this would be more entertaining than a Sherlock Holmes mystery...

Quoted from Tommy

Thanks for posting Tommy.

Quoted from GollyGTFC
Having listened to Radio Humberside interview with Hurst and to me it sounded more like S&H felt Hearn was fit enough to play but he declared himself unfit. Especially as immediately after refusing to talk about Liam Hearn Hurst goes on to say Michael Coulson (also carrying a knock) was "a real injury doubt and credit it him he's just got on with it. He's a brave lad."

Exactly what I'm thinking too !
Think you've hit the nail on the head.

So to recap he said: (at 1:56)

"I don't really want to talk about Liam tonight I think it's a disservice to the players that have travelled, and have played tonight.
You know Micheal Coulson was a real injury doubt and credit to him he's just got on with it, he's a brave lad and as I say it's about the lads that have travelled tonight."

Is Hearn complaining of injury and the managers are saying "Get on with it !" ?
Did he perhaps decide to pronounce himself unfit possibly AFTER the criticism in the GET and Hurst saying "We can only go on what we're told." ?
Reply: 23 - 31
80sglory
March 22, 2012, 4:39am
Guest User
Quoted from Coley Surfer
Liam tweeted last night during the game that he had a problem with his hamstring and that it was hurting a bit after Saturday, he didn't say if he was going to be fit for Luton.

Went to check out his twitter noticed another tweet from Jamie O Hara retweeted by Hearn on Monday:
"I haven't been able to play at the levels I expect from myself so I've decided until I'm 100percent in my groins then ill be out,"

So it could just be Hearn wants to get 100% fit first before he returns and S&H are none too chuffed about it and think he should be playing.

Don't like to see him out the team but could fully appreciate the point (difficult to say who's right I guess).

I'm still confused though - if Hearn wasn't fit before and it affected him, wouldn't S&H appreciate that ?

If they were upset Liam didn't say he wasn't fit for Tamworth (and played poorishly) then would they have a right to feel disappointed if he didn't declare himself fit for H&Y ?

Or could it be that Hurst's comments in the GET suggests he thinks it's more about "attitude" than fitness ?
If so would you want to pick him anyway ?
Well he's a top player so maybe you would !
But should you then be suprised if he then says he's not fit after you criticize him ?
Reply: 24 - 31
aldi_01
March 22, 2012, 7:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This reminds me a bit too much of Michael reddy in our last half decent season...

I'm sure hearns injury isn't as bad as reddys but he ended up copulated because we made him play through it. We all know Liam is happy here and SnH have their own style when it comes to interviews so who knows...I do expect him to play on Saturday though.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
jimgtfc
March 22, 2012, 8:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
I think some people are reading FAR too much into this.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
RonMariner
March 22, 2012, 5:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,866
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from pontoonlew

A matter of seconds after he realised I followed him in there...

LOL!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
The Grim Reaper
March 22, 2012, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Shouty says on MP that he's out

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
Southwark Mariner
March 22, 2012, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Shouty says on MP that he's out

that probably means he's playing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hearn Fitness

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.