This thread currently has 811 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
March 18, 2012, 8:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Scottish Junior Cup quarter final day yesterday, and Auchinleck hosted old enemies Bo'ness at Auchinleck. We beat them 5-1 in the 2 leg semi final last season and saw them off yesterday 2-0. Bookies have made us a stupid 8/13 favourites to lift the Cup in May, even though the semis haven't been drawn yet. A 1,500 crowd and a decent game...look at the quality of Talbot's first goal, a lovely passing move on the deck.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?.....hvMQfIEXao-13s46xpGw

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
March 18, 2012, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
That is one compact little ground ! Good stuf though, must be a real buzz with the crowd that close too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
jock dock tower
March 19, 2012, 6:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
It's football as it used to be, and sure beats the sanitised version on offer in the professional game. It's a fiver to get in, albeit they increased the price by a massive 20% on Saturday to £6! It has to be the best £5 value anywhere in the UK for watching a semi decent level of football. Will post the semi final highlights if they're available as and when.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Paris Mariner
March 20, 2012, 3:29pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I enjoyed that. Didn't seem like there was 1000 people there though. Did you see the Central Park documentary? http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/8431/38/

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 6
jock dock tower
March 20, 2012, 5:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Thing is, Paris Mariner, you're only getting the view from behind the goals because that's where they want to focus all the action. The stand that it was taken from had just over 100 in it, and if you look at the Bo'ness support behind the right hand goal in the first half, there was an estimated 4 to 500 there. The main support is to the left of the undoubtedly? stand from where the film's taken, about 250 to 300, and the opposite terrace, some 750 plus. As I said, it's football like it used to be, probably a lot more so in Scotland than England as the Junior game is based round the predominant coal areas of 100 years ago, plus.
I've rabbited on about it before on here, but a league game is a fiver (and they're all local derbies from within a 50 mile radius) 50 pence to sit down, programme £1, pie £1, and £2.40 for a pint in the club.....so change from a tenner for all that! I;m a season ticket holder, and because cup competitions carry more weight than the leagues up here, the season is top loaded with numerous competitions, but the highest grade of non league football league wise costs me £50 for the 11 home games we play each season. Best value anywhere in the U.K.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Paris Mariner
March 20, 2012, 6:53pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from jock dock tower
Thing is, Paris Mariner, you're only getting the view from behind the goals because that's where they want to focus all the action. The stand that it was taken from had just over 100 in it, and if you look at the Bo'ness support behind the right hand goal in the first half, there was an estimated 4 to 500 there. The main support is to the left of the undoubtedly? stand from where the film's taken, about 250 to 300, and the opposite terrace, some 750 plus. As I said, it's football like it used to be, probably a lot more so in Scotland than England as the Junior game is based round the predominant coal areas of 100 years ago, plus.
I've rabbited on about it before on here, but a league game is a fiver (and they're all local derbies from within a 50 mile radius) 50 pence to sit down, programme £1, pie £1, and £2.40 for a pint in the club.....so change from a tenner for all that! I;m a season ticket holder, and because cup competitions carry more weight than the leagues up here, the season is top loaded with numerous competitions, but the highest grade of non league football league wise costs me £50 for the 11 home games we play each season. Best value anywhere in the U.K.

I'm not disputing the value for money! When I lived in Edinburgh - I had a Hibs season ticket but I used to look out for Edinburgh City (another junior league side, I believe) as well and go for a kickabout at their ground.

The Skegness Lincolnshire League derby earlier in the season was £5 to get in. I'm not sure if that was value for money but I see our point. Being a ASSE season ticket holder and a previous regular at Hibs, PSG and Clermont Foot Auvergne 63 you can't beat watching your team for me and that is that!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 6
Doctor Sanchez
March 20, 2012, 6:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Nice vid, better edited highlights than you get on Mariners Player.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Auchinleck Talbot vs Bo'ness highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.