2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Paris Mariner
March 18, 2012, 11:31am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I've got tickets for the England group games. Just got email confirmation. Will be my first international competition. Absolutely chuffed to bits and can't wait! Any other Mariners going?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Rick12
March 18, 2012, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I've got tickets for the England group games. Just got email confirmation. Will be my first international competition. Absolutely chuffed to bits and can't wait! Any other Mariners going?
glad for you mate   hope you enjoy it and England do well

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
FishOutOfWater
March 18, 2012, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.13
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Rick12
glad for you mate   hope you enjoy it and England do well

Bet you're well pleased PM! Good on you!

Imho, watching England away is almost as good as watching Town away!

Hope they do better at this tournament than the one I saw them in (Germany 88   ) although that might have been the springboard for our World Cup semi final appearance two years later

Let's hope that they give you lots to cheer about unlike most of their overseas jaunts of late
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 16
Rick12
March 18, 2012, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Let's hope that they give you lots to cheer about unlike most of their overseas jaunts of late
depends on who gets the job.It will probably be Harry but I feel O Neil would be the better choice(both are excellent at getting the best out of players but I feel O Neil is that bit more astute).On another note I did like Capello but I felt the language barrier didn't help help him  

Would be nice though to do well in the competition because as one of the leading nations in football I think never having reached the final is a underachievement for us.Just hope we can buck the trend this year

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
March 18, 2012, 3:30pm
Guest User
I've been two world cups and a European championship. I'm sure you'll have a great time. I don't want to go to Poland / Ukraine. Both unpleasant places full of lunatics who will be out to smash any English all over. I hear tickets are freely available for the England group games which is almost unthinkable.
Reply: 4 - 16
80sglory
March 19, 2012, 1:31am
Guest User
Good on you Paris.

Don't want to take the shine off but some friends who've been to Poland say that the the food there is REALLY awful.
Backup supplies ? Just a thought....

Hope you enjoy yourself anyway, sure you will.
Reply: 5 - 16
Paris Mariner
March 19, 2012, 7:02am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 1600
Good on you Paris.

Don't want to take the shine off but some friends who've been to Poland say that the the food there is REALLY awful.
Backup supplies ? Just a thought....

Hope you enjoy yourself anyway, sure you will.

I'm going to the Ukraine mate. All England's group games are there! I sincerely doubt it is much better but when in Rome...

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 16
Maringer
March 19, 2012, 7:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,769
Gold Stars: 189
I've been to two cities in Poland over the past two years on Stag Weekends - Krakow and Wroclaw.

Everyone was very friendly, the beer was very good, we didn't see any trouble whatsoever and we had some decent food here and there. Don't expect haute cuisine, however. The steakhouses were very good, however.

I'm sure you'll have a great time, especially if you get chance to interact with people from other nations who have travelled for the tournament. We had a ball when we travelled away to see the footy in 2000, 2004 and 2006.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
STB
March 19, 2012, 8:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
I've been to 2 world cups and 1 world war - doo dah!

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Peeler_Crab
March 19, 2012, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Yes, I'm going to Kiev - staying for 4 nights on the weekend of the final. Haven't got tickets, 4 of us have just blended a weekend away around the final. Plenty of beers, tucker & a bit of site seeing...

We'll take the final in should we fluke some tickets 😜

I've been to a few England away games in the past - Italy (0-0), Sweden 2-1), Scotland (0-2) & Germany (1-5).

I'm sure you wil have a fantastic time Paris_Mariner. Hope you'll have a Grimsby flag with you at the games πŸ‘

β€œWhat has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Euro 2012

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.