This thread currently has 524 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
semilapsedmariner
March 18, 2012, 8:29am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
upthestripes
March 18, 2012, 3:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Had cause to think about the NHS recently. It is a fantastic institution, and one of the things that makes me most proud to be British. I just had a little glimpse into how pushed and stretched the wonderful people who work in it are. It's sad to see, and personally, the day the NHS crumbles completely and gives way to privatisation will be a very sad day in our history indeed.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Les Brechin
March 18, 2012, 9:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,731
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from upthestripes
Had cause to think about the NHS recently. It is a fantastic institution, and one of the things that makes me most proud to be British. I just had a little glimpse into how pushed and stretched the wonderful people who work in it are. It's sad to see, and personally, the day the NHS crumbles completely and gives way to privatisation will be a very sad day in our history indeed.

I owe my life to the NHS, as do many, many others.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
aldi_01
March 18, 2012, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Why would the condemnation government give a excrement about the NHs when we the tax payer pay for them to go private??

The nhs saves lives on a daily basis and is the envy of many a country not to mention a great service to the public of the UK... Just another thing for those eton boys to spanner up...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
barralad
March 18, 2012, 11:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Les Brechin

I owe my life to the NHS, as do many, many others.

Me too Les. The spectre of an American style health system is too horrendous to contemplate. Hopefully this will be Cameron's Poll Tax disaster.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
aldi_01
March 19, 2012, 6:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The worse thing about the American healthcare system is that even some of the 25million who have no healthcare plan think it isn't the governments responsibility and see it as a risk they take...crazy.

This coupled with Michael gove being an absolute moron, the fact everyone seems skint, apart from Cameron's eton mates is his poll tax and hopefully will help to rid him from parliament...he's got a ready made excuse though... You didn't vote us in and he'll move the blame else where...

A bullet to Cameron's head would be too good I think...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
kingofthekippers
March 19, 2012, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
You can never trust the Tories with the NHS, ever since Churchill and his mates wrote to every GP in 1945 pleading with them not to take part in it.

This is the coalition's achilles heel and Labour should be making mincemeat out of them over it as everyone values the NHS. Unfortunately Labour is led by Ed Miliband who is as effective as a party leader as aaron is as a comedian.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
barralad
March 20, 2012, 8:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from kingofthekippers
You can never trust the Tories with the NHS, ever since Churchill and his mates wrote to every GP in 1945 pleading with them not to take part in it.

This is the coalition's achilles heel and Labour should be making mincemeat out of them over it as everyone values the NHS. Unfortunately Labour is led by Ed Miliband who is as effective as a party leader as aaron is as a comedian.

You could weep couldn't you? Ralph Milliband will be spinning in his grave. When he was much younger E.M. was a regular visitor to Tony Benn's home as one of his helpers. What a pity he didn't listen to a word Benn said....

I was only thinking the other day that the whole of the recent Labour leadership should be put up against a wall for being so ineffective (actually since the days of Blair) that they've inflicted what is surely the worst Government since the National Government of 1931 on this country.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
kingofthekippers
March 20, 2012, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from barralad

You could weep couldn't you? Ralph Milliband will be spinning in his grave. When he was much younger E.M. was a regular visitor to Tony Benn's home as one of his helpers. What a pity he didn't listen to a word Benn said....

I was only thinking the other day that the whole of the recent Labour leadership should be put up against a wall for being so ineffective (actually since the days of Blair) that they've inflicted what is surely the worst Government since the National Government of 1931 on this country.

It's funny but I was reflecting on this earlier this evening. I fear that what Labour is suffering now is what happened to the Tories after they lost in 1997. In fact the rot for both started much earlier with both suffering a terrible hangover from having their most successful leaders of modern times (Thatcher and Blair). Both were replaced by inferior versions (Major and Brown), then they lost and went through a period of introspective naval-gazing, voting for leaders they personally liked rather those those who the electorate would vote for. For Hague and IDS we have Red Ed.

In fact it is hard to see where the next Labour PM could come from; even Dave Miliband would not wash, and as for Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper!? Even Chuka Umunna seems to be a man before his time. What I suspect is that the next Labour PM isn't even on the radar screen yet; what really worries me is that he or she isn't even an MP yet. It's going to be a long time I fear.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you think the NHS is safe with the cons

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.