Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Next 10 games.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 61 Guests

The Next 10 games.

This thread currently has 2,036 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Harlem mariner
March 16, 2012, 7:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from aaron rattray
doubt it but it is possible. ps its my birthday today

Is mr shiny coming to entertain you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
LondonMariner43
March 16, 2012, 7:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
To be controversial, I think getting to the play offs could be damaging.

Our young squad may lack the experience to handle the big occasion and losing in the play offs could have a damaging impact on how we start next year.  A good finish but falling short may give a better platform to start next year with a bang.

Putting tin hat on now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Rodley Mariner
March 16, 2012, 8:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Our young squad may lack the experience to handle the big occasion and losing in the play offs could have a damaging impact on how we start next year.  A good finish but falling short may give a better platform to start next year with a bang.

I think the points you make are valid......if you were offered a place in the play-offs you'd still take it though wouldn't you?

When we're out of the race I'll use your logic to cheer me up, until then UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
ginnywings
March 16, 2012, 9:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
I said it was a big ask to get in the play offs before our defeat to York; it's now even tougher and i don't think we can win 7 or 8 of our remaining games.

However,i do feel there are now more sides in this league able to compete than has been the case previously,so given that we have a game in hand over a couple of teams,it isn't inconceivable that some of the sides currently above us drop points to teams they wouldn't have in the past and perhaps it won't take 80 points to get ourselves in the top 5.

I personally feel we will just miss out and finish an agonising 6th or 7th,mainly because our record against the top half of the table is currently the worst of any of the competing teams.

It's not always about games won,but who you win them against.If we could swap 3 of our victories against teams lower down the league, with say 3 wins against York,Luton and Mansfield,things would look a lot different.

Our poor start to the season and our inability to take points off the top sides is our undoing this year.Just hope next year is the one for us.A couple of additions and a bit more confidence/belief could well see us at least play off contenders in 2012/2013.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
mariner91
March 16, 2012, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,819
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Quite a reasonable suggestion, I'd hate to have a play offs hangover damaging next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Bullitt
March 16, 2012, 3:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
doubt it but it is possible. ps its my birthday today

I hope you get raped by a clown.
Reply: 15 - 16
Wembley85
March 16, 2012, 3:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Pearson and Church have play-off experience, Church with both Ilkeston and Boston, Pearson with Boston only as far as i know.

Whilst with Boston both won a play-off final, and lost a semi. A little bit of experience there. Not sure about the rest of your squad, though Hearn obviously has the experience of getting the job done without needing a play-off, but there is pressure leading from the front like Alfreton did last year.

I think that if you make it to the top5, you stand a real chance. S&H have play-off experience, and only a fool would back against them if you get there.

Good luck

Boston fan in peace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Next 10 games.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.