2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
March 14, 2012, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
For a start, what the bloody hell are Silk and Mckeown playing at for Yorks second!? I did think Mckeown should've kept hold of the inital effort at the start and that is shown in the highlights, but Silk!! Christ almighty, he stands and watches the guy pop behind him and stick it in the net, really really poor.

For their final goal, Elding was very very close to getting that ball through. Coulson was inches off it but after that Silk or Pearson have to gamble and close the guy down to make him switch it wide. Avoidable goals, dissapointing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
March 14, 2012, 12:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Exactly what I thought about silk, just put your foot through it FFS! A few defensive errors last night.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Jarmo.Is.God
March 14, 2012, 1:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
1st goal is avoidable aswell, townsend should just smash it out of the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Mighty_Mariner
March 14, 2012, 2:33pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Should have won 2-0 then!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
mr viv
March 14, 2012, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Highlights just confirmed what i fort when i left the ground last night.........our keeper was to blame massivly for the 2nd and 3rd goals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
gobby
March 14, 2012, 4:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from mr viv
Highlights just confirmed what i fort when i left the ground last night.........our keeper was to blame massivly for the 2nd and 3rd goals

Too many mistakes for their third IMO, Elding should have kept the ball, Disley just runs along side the scorer, and Pearson turns his back on the player when he shoots instead of putting a block in and yes Macca could have done better
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
boston fan
March 14, 2012, 4:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +20 / -2
Quoted from gobby

Too many mistakes for their third IMO, Elding should have kept the ball, Disley just runs along side the scorer, and Pearson turns his back on the player when he shoots instead of putting a block in and yes Macca could have done better
UTMM

Im surprised you didnt blame Duffy or Church. Them two are normally the scapegoats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Maringer
March 14, 2012, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
I've not seen the highlights, but feel that Silk was mostly at fault for their second. Why on Earth he didn't just put his foot through the ball following McKeown's parry of the header, I just don't know. That said, it was poor defending all round as we missed too many headers in that phase of play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
mr viv
March 14, 2012, 4:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from boston fan

Im surprised you didnt blame Duffy or Church. Them two are normally the scapegoats.

Not me mate thats not how i operate! I never call or have a go at my own players on here but Mckeown was very poor with both goals just saying!! Ermmmmm so do one bostonian your mam n sisters laid upstairs waiting 4 ye!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
mr viv
March 14, 2012, 4:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Sorry bostonian!! i meant boston fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.