This thread currently has 2,068 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
sparkles
March 12, 2012, 9:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
By and large, I can't complain about them, from my own selfish point of view. My bins get emptied, my road has just been resurfaced, my streetlights work, every street I walk down is reasonably clean and tidy, and generally they arent too bad. I am sure that those who work for them, or study them in greater details will have less favourable comments though.

Although, now I am thinking about it... £123 a month to get my bins emptied and have clean, lit streets..... hmmmmm, I feel slightly robbed! lol.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
grimsbyreaper
March 13, 2012, 9:27am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Quoted from sparkles

Although, now I am thinking about it... £123 a month to get my bins emptied and have clean, lit streets..... hmmmmm, I feel slightly robbed! lol.

Could be worse, we could get Humberside back. £123 a month to get Hull's streets cleaned, lit, and bins emptied.

I thought I had seen the end of the world. Desolation, Isolation, Destruction, Mutants and the end of Civilisation.
Turns out bloody Tom Tom had directed me through Scunthorpe City Centre.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 20
kingofthekippers
March 14, 2012, 10:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from aaron rattray
what do you think of them?
i think they have been greedy and useless for years and years but what do you lot think? is there anybody who thinks they do a good job?

I see Barrymore's metamorphosis into Ben Elton has fell flat on its' bottom.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
psgmariner
March 15, 2012, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from kingofthekippers

I see Barrymore's metamorphosis into Ben Elton has fell flat on its' bottom.

Boo! Stick to the old stuff aaron! Do the one about your dad swearing to you secrecy again!

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
barralad
March 16, 2012, 5:40pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsbyreaper

Could be worse, we could get Humberside back. £123 a month to get Hull's streets cleaned, lit, and bins emptied.

Yes, because no one living in Hull paid any council tax did they?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
jock dock tower
March 16, 2012, 6:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from barralad

Yes, because no one living in Hull paid any council tax did they?

That's a sweeping generalisation!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
hook line and sinker
March 17, 2012, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
bunch of tossers, we will never get a new ground thanks to n.e lincs council just look at all the other clubs with new grounds they have 100% backing off there local council.even rovrum have a new ground and they was  nearly finished the other year???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
kingofthekippers
March 17, 2012, 10:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +39 / -4
Approval: +6
bunch of tossers, we will never get a new ground thanks to n.e lincs council just look at all the other clubs with new grounds they have 100% backing off there local council.even rovrum have a new ground and they was  nearly finished the other year???

I have to say that if NELC has one major failing in recent years it is this. IMO the then council followed party political lines rather than what was good for the community. Given that I don't base my decisions on just one matter they have been more than reasonable, whatever the political persuasion.

Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
moosey_club
March 18, 2012, 12:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from aaron rattray
what do you think of them?
i think they have been greedy and useless for years and years but what do you lot think? is there anybody who thinks they do a good job?

i worked for them for 12 yrs and just as any council in the land they are damned if they do and damned if they dont....they get less and less each year off the government yet everybody expects them to supply the the same service. Old people whinge like f@ck when something gets cut, the paper rallies behind them so the council u turn and save somewhere else less contraversial.
They have a difficult job making year on year savings and when you are a member of staff and having to face the uncertainty of a restructure every other year your morale drops so understandably so does your performance.
Its a downward trend.
There are some brilliant people working at the council who give their all but on the flip side there are some utter useless f@ckers too who can go undetected in a large organisation and escape the chop.
The main problem with an organisation or institute like the council is that they reward longevity rather than capability so a promotion is bestowed upon people who have been there a while rather than those most suited or capable. i know because i have been on both ends of that scenario.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
aaron rattray
March 18, 2012, 8:22am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
well to save money turn those fountains off forever in town and clamp down on road offences ect

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NE LINCS council

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.