No Members and 90 Guests

Duffy

This thread currently has 3,589 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Bullitt
March 12, 2012, 4:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Thank god you made this point, i've noticed a few physical discrepancies in our excrement squad;

Pearsons a bit ugly to be a footballer, doesn't do much to his hair and his skin isn't great.

Elding has too many tattoos and also looks too big for the poor little fellas to compete with.

Gary Silk & Craig Disley are ginger, this will affect morale in the dressing room having to mix with these freaks.

James Mckeown is a bit too fresh faced and pretty. He also looks a little chubby, how is he supposed to get to the top corners if he's chubby?

Liam Hearn has no neck, how is he supposed to play football with no neck!?

Finally Serge Makofo is black, for 99% of the fanbase this is fine but it's confusing those in the travel club and it's not fair on them.

As you can tell, this stops the players doing their jobs and it is obviously showing on the pitch. With just 1 win in 2, got to blame Pinky & Perky for that. Fenty has cocked up with these two big time.

Post of the week.
Reply: 10 - 32
davmariner
March 12, 2012, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pontoonlew
Thank god you made this point, i've noticed a few physical discrepancies in our excrement squad;

Pearsons a bit ugly to be a footballer, doesn't do much to his hair and his skin isn't great.

Elding has too many tattoos and also looks too big for the poor little fellas to compete with.

Gary Silk & Craig Disley are ginger, this will affect morale in the dressing room having to mix with these freaks.

James Mckeown is a bit too fresh faced and pretty. He also looks a little chubby, how is he supposed to get to the top corners if he's chubby?

Finally Serge Makofo is black, for 99% of the fanbase this is fine but it's confusing those in the travel club and it's not fair on them.

As you can tell, this stops the players doing their jobs and it is obviously showing on the pitch. With just 1 win in 2, got to blame Pinky & Perky for that. Fenty has cocked up with these two big time.

haha

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
TAGG
March 12, 2012, 5:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from gtfc98
Needs to lose a bit of timber from what I've seen of him in the last couple of games. His weight is verging on embarassing for a pro footballer, surely keeping fit is the minimum requirement for any pro?

If he was that fat the ball would have bounced off his beer gut before he hit that fantastic volley on Saturday that almost smashed the post.
You must be one of them in the Pontoon that boo him every time he comes on me thinks  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
jonnyboy82
March 12, 2012, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Biccys

Sorry to be an old curmudgeon but the truth, as with most debates on here, lies somewhere inbetween. Yes, I know your tongue was firmly in your cheek, but before someone jumps on the opposite bandwagon I thought I'd clarify for them.....

lol

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
supertown
March 12, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,483
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from pontoonlew

funniest post ive seen from you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
carrot top
March 12, 2012, 6:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
What a crap and stupid thread. Criticism of individuals coming on here a lot lately or are they just WUM's

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
Tommy
March 12, 2012, 6:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Up until now I've been of the opinion that Duffy doesn't offer enough to start games but is a good option to throw on as a sub, as kind of a "plan B" player.

I still think that, but I also think that if Peter Winn is going to start regularly, then that could benefit Duffy. None of our current wingers put that many balls into the box. But Winn was happy to run with it and sling crosses in there. Duffy would be better than Hearn and Elding at attacking these without a doubt.

Just a thought. May lead to him starting a few games soon I think. If Winn replicates his 2nd half showing from Saturday on a consistent basis.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
Garth
March 12, 2012, 7:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Tommy
Up until now I've been of the opinion that Duffy doesn't offer enough to start games but is a good option to throw on as a sub, as kind of a "plan B" player.

I still think that, but I also think that if Peter Winn is going to start regularly, then that could benefit Duffy. None of our current wingers put that many balls into the box. But Winn was happy to run with it and sling crosses in there. Duffy would be better than Hearn and Elding at attacking these without a doubt.

Just a thought. May lead to him starting a few games soon I think. If Winn replicates his 2nd half showing from Saturday on a consistent basis.

Good point one of Duffs strengths is his ability to head the ball goalwards from crosses, something that niether Hearn or Elding are strong at
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
springstomind
March 12, 2012, 7:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Have you really started a thread on Duffy's weight.  When we've not got bad referees, we're bored of drilling Fenty, we're winning games, we're in a good position, we're signing great players, we're earning money from big sell on fee's at toher clubs, we have good managment and things are genuinlly looking up, i know ill have a dig at a players weight (who has bagged some very important goals) have a word.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
gtfc98
March 12, 2012, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from springstomind
Have you really started a thread on Duffy's weight.  When we've not got bad referees, we're bored of drilling Fenty, we're winning games, we're in a good position, we're signing great players, we're earning money from big sell on fee's at toher clubs, we have good managment and things are genuinlly looking up, i know ill have a dig at a players weight (who has bagged some very important goals) have a word.

flipping hell. He is overweight and needs to trim down so he can do his job more effectively. On Saturday he could hardly run and the volley was the only thing he did while on the pitch. I wasn't having a dig because of the way he looks, he's been increasingly immobile of late and would be much more useful if he got himself fit.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duffy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.