Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Fenty deserves our trust & loyalty..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 92 Guests

Why Fenty deserves our trust & loyalty..

This thread currently has 3,920 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
No. I couldn't think of a reason either.
Private Message
headingly_mariner
March 8, 2012, 3:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,404
Gold Stars: 124
Because of the club's sustained success under his stewardship?

Because of the clear and concise communications from within the club?

Because of his honest and open dealings regarding the club?

Because of our shiny new stadium?

Because we are well run?

Because he is willing to answer difficult questions in the media?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
cod.gtfc
March 8, 2012, 3:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +31 / -14
Approval: -1
because it pisses people off on an internet forum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
STB
March 8, 2012, 4:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Because no one else has shown an interest in investing so much time, effort and money in a club that is running on empty in the lowest league of their proud history.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of JF's previous regime but give him some credit FFS.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
DocDock
March 8, 2012, 4:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Perhaps if the club had a sustainable budget we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
MuddyWaters
March 8, 2012, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DocDock
Perhaps if the club had a sustainable budget we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Don't think budgeting is John's strength!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
rancido
March 8, 2012, 7:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from DocDock

We would probably have to be a part-time club to achieve that.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
craigy
March 8, 2012, 8:00pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +92
to have a sustainable budget doesnt have to mean cutting the playing budget to make us part time. there are many ways to decrease clubs expenses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
Super Clive
March 8, 2012, 8:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Because we all want to pull in the same direction now maybe?? put the past behind us and kick on.

2nd chance for John..I hope he does things differently...starting with employing a chief executive or keep Ian Fleming in charge so that John can pull the strings behind the scenes like the last few months also for him to step out of the firing line if you like although thats easy for me to say while my money is safely in my bank account.

I have abused him before I won't lie about that but IMO we need to put it behind us and move on now.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Marinerz93
March 8, 2012, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from STB
Because no one else has shown an interest in investing so much time, effort and money in a club that is running on empty in the lowest league of their proud history.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of JF's previous regime but give him some credit FFS.

Quoted from Super Clive
Because we all want to pull in the same direction now maybe?? put the past behind us and kick on.

2nd chance for John..I hope he does things differently...starting with employing a chief executive or keep Ian Fleming in charge so that John can pull the strings behind the scenes like the last few months also for him to step out of the firing line if you like although thats easy for me to say while my money is safely in my bank account.

I have abused him before I won't lie about that but IMO we need to put it behind us and move on now.

I'd go with these despite my reservations especially the part about a 2nd chance.  Clean slate and let's kick on, while we are at it pay back some of that benign loan back each season starting from next season.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
EY Mariner
March 8, 2012, 10:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
There is a very simple reason why I, as a Trust member, voted in favour of the motion put to us - I did not, and do not, see a better way forward for our club at this time.

In a period when we have an improving squad and are firmly in playoff contention, the one thing above all others that is needed off the field is boardroom stability. We need it to give us the best possible chance of both keeping this squad together in the broadest meaning of the phrase and making an even stronger challenge at the top end of the table next season, as I think we are perfectly capable of doing if we don't go up this year. Had we not voted for the motion, I was concerned that we would be putting the progress we have made on the field in recent months at far greater risk than if we did support it. That was a risk I was not prepared to take.

I understand perfectly well why many Town fans don't like the thought of John Fenty being in control of our club once more and I fully support the point Super Clive made about John taking more of a back seat and allowing Ian Fleming to run things day to day. But, for all his faults, he is what we are and he wants what we want, namely for the club we all love to do well. If there was any other deal out there, I would happily consider it. But there isn't. I think the emphatic majority in favour of the motion is a huge endorsement of the Trust board and their handling of this issue and any fan who doesn't like the decision and did not join the Trust prior to the vote only have themselves to blame.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
1mickylyons
March 9, 2012, 3:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters
No. I couldn't think of a reason either.

*snigger*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
1mickylyons
March 9, 2012, 3:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,393
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from STB

Christ on a bike you must be on some strong gear to come out with that statement STB i hereby denounce you for being a quisling!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
dapperz fun pub
March 9, 2012, 2:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Super Clive

fleming as never been in charge he nods and agrees at his master
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
DarlingtonFC1883
March 9, 2012, 3:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -3
How about showing your loyalty because he is willing to provide a competitive budget and cut the losses with his  own wealth? It's pretty clear that Fenty loves the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 3:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DarlingtonFC1883
How about showing your loyalty because he is willing to provide a competitive budget and cut the losses with his  own wealth? It's pretty clear that Fenty loves the club.

Whilst still racking up the club's indebtedness to the point where no-one can contemplate an alternative.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Squarkus
March 9, 2012, 3:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Whilst still racking up the club's indebtedness to the point where no-one can contemplate an alternative.
You ******,tell me where all the ivesters where when ramsden was running the show, he inherited a full bag of sh-t blah blah you are so negative its bordering on unhealthy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Super Clive
March 9, 2012, 3:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

fleming as never been in charge he nods and agrees at his master

Reread my post..... This is basically what I said.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus
you *******,tell me where all the ivesters where when ramsden was running the show, he inherited a full bag of sh-t blah blah you are so negative its bordering on unhealthy.

Nice healthy debate turns into personal abuse. What a pleasant chap you are.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
March 9, 2012, 6:38pm
Guest User
Sometimes I wish John fenty would just go just to hear what some of these idiots on here would have to say when the club folds. Give the man some credit ffs he's the ONLY reason we've still got a football club.
Reply: 19 - 54
pseudonym
March 9, 2012, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from 2578
Sometimes I wish John fenty would just go just to hear what some of these idiots on here would have to say when the club folds. Give the man some credit ffs he's the ONLY reason we've still got a football club.
Fully agree

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
Ipswin
March 9, 2012, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 2578
he's the ONLY reason we've still got a football club.

Maybe but look at the plunge down the leagues under his stewardship - he's tried his best to ensure we haven't

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
kiwi pete
March 9, 2012, 7:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
I agree with you DarlintonFC1883
Lets move on , now we have a man in John Fenty prepared to help the club move forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
Garth
March 9, 2012, 7:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 2578

WHS X10, if that happened we would be sunk and for a minority they would have to face reality in a league 2 or 3 stages below where we are now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
MuddyWaters
March 9, 2012, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth

WHS X10, if that happened we would be sunk and for a minority they would have to face reality in a league 2 or 3 stages below where we are now

A bit like 10 years ago and now.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
DocDock
March 9, 2012, 9:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from rancido

We would probably have to be a part-time club to achieve that.

If that means the club being run properly and not spending beyond its means, so be it. Part of the problem the club has at the moment in terms of finances and investment lies with John Fenty. His budgeting on a season by season basis has meant the club has amassed a debt which he personally has to keep topping up each team he and the club gets it wrong. The 2 million "benign loan" is a result of John Fenty putting money into the club and this in my opinion has scared many potential investors away. Why would you want to buy or invest when there's that to deal with first? If John Fenty really did care about the club why doesn't he either turn the "loan" into shares or just write it off? Cod Almighty made some valid points in todays diary about this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
Brisbane Mariner
March 10, 2012, 2:36pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from 2578

Got to agree with that. He is a fan just like us don't forget! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 54
LukeyJ
March 11, 2012, 12:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Has Fenty put in a penny that he has written off. It is all in interest free loans to ensure the debts he runs up will be repayable if someone wants to take over or he keeps control. He could write the debts off now and someone would be more likely to take over, however, for all Fenty's "I'm willing to write the debts off" talk, he has never backed this up with any action.

He isn't going to get his money back, but the club is virtually his property. All because he ran the club unsustainably, picked the wrong managers and threw money at it unwisely at inappopriate times.

It is of course very cute that he's regaining his controlling stake now at a time when things are going smoothly on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
EY Mariner
March 12, 2012, 12:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Denby
March 12, 2012, 11:33am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Quoted from 2578
Give the man some credit ffs he's the ONLY reason we've still got a football club.

simply not true, i put some numbers on here the other day proving that the club could of* saved over £2m over the last 6 years.  a similar amount to what the club owes mr fenty.  the reason we're in such a financial mess is down to the board over that period, and mainly one person on that board
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
realityman
March 12, 2012, 12:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
what a load of muppetts. just look at the facts, nothing else. he has run the club into the ground and will continue to do so with the help of all you fools. control freak!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
pseudonym
March 12, 2012, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from realityman
what a load of muppetts. just look at the facts, nothing else. he has run the club into the ground and will continue to do so with the help of all you fools. control freak!

And the option is ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
rancido
March 12, 2012, 5:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from pseudonym

And the option is ?

----- to wait for realityman to come up with his cast-iron ,business-sound alternative. I , for one though , won't hold my breath for this.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
springstomind
March 12, 2012, 7:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Stupid Thread in our current situation, games are attracting more fans, the forums are booming, fans are travelling, there's a buzz around the town, we're bringing in new and exiting players all the time, we have a good managment duo.. stop it with negative threads mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
rancido
March 12, 2012, 7:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from springstomind
Stupid Thread in our current situation, games are attracting more fans, the forums are booming, fans are travelling, there's a buzz around the town, we're bringing in new and exiting players all the time, we have a good managment duo.. stop it with negative threads mate.

I assume you mean exciting players or is it a reference to players exiting as in leaving.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
TAGG
March 12, 2012, 7:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
    Quoted from realityman

Quoted from pseudonym
And the option is ?

Unfortunately there are no options now. Fenty has made sure of that by making Town into non-league club with big debts.
Would you or any one else want to buy a non-league club with loads of debt?

The buck should always stop at the top.
Fenty has been at the top one way or another for ten years so it’s his fault we are where we are now. Simple

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
rancido
March 12, 2012, 7:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
    Quoted from realityman

Quoted from pseudonym
And the option is ?

Unfortunately there are no options now. Fenty has made sure of that by making Town into non-league club with big debts.
Would you or any one else want to buy a non-league club with loads of debt?

The buck should always stop at the top.
Fenty has been at the top one way or another for ten years so it’s his fault we are where we are now. Simple

Even when we were in the league JF invited people to invest and contribute to the running of the club but I can't seem to remember any takers. Maybe you know different?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
Denby
March 12, 2012, 7:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Even when we were in the league JF invited people to invest and contribute to the running of the club but I can't seem to remember any takers. Maybe you know different?

mike parker?  but we all know how that ended
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
TAGG
March 12, 2012, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

You me and every one else only know what Fenty wants us to know. So no I don’t know differently.
I was pointing out where the Buck stops for the years of crap on his watch but it seem most people think the sun shines out of his bottom.
As you may guess I dont like the bloke but we are stuck with him now  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Harlem mariner
March 12, 2012, 7:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from rancido

Short memory you fella i could have sworn some geezer through a million quid in the pot and not in loans i might add, fenty got us here its up to him to get us out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
Pongo
March 12, 2012, 9:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from Harlem mariner
Short memory you fella i could have sworn some geezer through a million quid in the pot and not in loans i might add, fenty got us here its up to him to get us out

How much has Fenty put in then Sparkey? Suspect the shares he has bought must be a mill not to mention loans gaurantees loss of interest etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
pseudonym
March 12, 2012, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
When ITV Digital went bust in 2005, we lost £2,000,000. Didn't Fenty get an agreement with the Inland Revenue to get us by in instalments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Pongo
March 12, 2012, 10:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from pseudonym
When ITV Digital went bust in 2005, we lost £2,000,000. Didn't Fenty get an agreement with the Inland Revenue to get us by in instalments.

Inhereted 700k HMRC debt from the previous administration which was followed by the keep the mariners afloat campaign, after, if i recall correctly ITV digital collpsed 1 year ito 3 year deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
Denby
March 12, 2012, 10:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
rather than pay the owed tax through an interest-free loan which could then be paid back in instalments our wonderful board chose to pay it off directly to hmrc at a penal rate of interest (at least that's my understanding, please put me right if this is in anyway wrong).  does anyone know the actual interest paid on this?  if i remember rightly, this was the time when david burns and john fenty had a fall out because the radio presenter asked a reasonable question.  also, when the club was described as a "community asset"
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
Abdul19
March 12, 2012, 10:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,629
Gold Stars: 220

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 14, 2012, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Quoted from STB

Hmmmmm! Another few years of this investment, time and effort ..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
dapperz fun pub
March 15, 2012, 9:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84

Hmmmmm! Another few years of this investment, time and effort ..........

ive said before you know very little about football but you are spot on with the above
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
Marinerz93
March 15, 2012, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Denby
rather than pay the owed tax through an interest-free loan which could then be paid back in instalments our wonderful board chose to pay it off directly to hmrc at a penal rate of interest (at least that's my understanding, please put me right if this is in anyway wrong).  does anyone know the actual interest paid on this?  if i remember rightly, this was the time when david burns and john fenty had a fall out because the radio presenter asked a reasonable question.  also, when the club was described as a "community asset"

I believe you are correct.

I would like to know how much we were paying back to the taxman each season, whilst at the same time paying back JF £150K+ as compensation for Ramsden trying to liquidate the club to get his money back.  How much did Ramsden want back.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
rancido
March 15, 2012, 12:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I believe you are correct.

I would like to know how much we were paying back to the taxman each season, whilst at the same time paying back JF £150K+ as compensation for Ramsden trying to liquidate the club to get his money back. How much did Ramsden want back.

Too many fans forget this episode , at least JF is not intentionally trying to ruin the club. I have been watching town since 1965 and in that time I have never known anybody willing to put money into the club like JF has. At least JF is willing to fund new players. I recall when Lyons was manager he was instructed by the board to sell players for whatever he could get for them instead of the board getting their cheque books out. It was only the fans subscriptions that allowed Joe Waters to come here because the board wouldn't pay for him. When we were strapped for cash the board sold the Peaks Lane Training Ground instead of dipping in their pockets.If you look into the past we never have had Board members or chairmen willing to do what JF has done. JF says the loans are benign and he wont press the club for the money until it can afford it and I have no reason to doubt that. As I have said on here many times before I am neither pro or anti JF but until someone better comes along then he is all we have.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
Harlem mariner
March 15, 2012, 6:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from rancido

Too many fans forget this episode , at least JF is not intentionally trying to ruin the club. I have been watching town since 1965 and in that time I have never known anybody willing to put money into the club like JF has. At least JF is willing to fund new players. I recall when Lyons was manager he was instructed by the board to sell players for whatever he could get for them instead of the board getting their cheque books out. It was only the fans subscriptions that allowed Joe Waters to come here because the board wouldn't pay for him. When we were strapped for cash the board sold the Peaks Lane Training Ground instead of dipping in their pockets.If you look into the past we never have had Board members or chairmen willing to do what JF has done. JF says the loans are benign and he wont press the club for the money until it can afford it and I have no reason to doubt that. As I have said on here many times before I am neither pro or anti JF but until someone better comes along then he is all we have.

Fenty as had no choice but to spend under his administration we have sunk to a all time low in over 100 yrs of history hes continually made bad choices and as riddled the club with massive debt.  If he walked away now and said thats it im done im certain we would survive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
MuddyWaters
March 15, 2012, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

What's happened in the past is irrelevant to the present and, more particularly, the future. If the debts are benign then JF should make them properly benign by converting them into shares. By doing what he is doing now, the club is completely unattractive to external investment and any potential investor will look at the breakdown (for want of a better word) in the relationship between Fenty and Parker and think 'that's not for me'.

My own view is that JF is keen to keep control and his recent actions indicate that is true. He has made noises of a threatening nature whilst knowing that he is (now Parker is off the scene) the only viable alternative whilst the club's finances are what they are.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
Marinerz93
March 15, 2012, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I partially agree with you especially the historic board room power struggles, however I would say Paddy Hamilton and Bill Carr were exceptions to this.  The thorns in my side with JF are

1.  Why did he and the board allow MP to fulfill his £500k investment by buying shares and JF not matching him like they both stated 'shoulder to shoulder'  this is the crux of the share fiasco
2.  Why weren't the promised changes done that were agreed to MP (main reason why he walked)
3.  Why has he put a block on MP gifting further shares to the trust.
4.  Why did he insist on being paid back the money he loaned the club when Ramsden wanted his money back, why not put it as a benign loan.  the reason I mention this is because what he was being paid back was a factor on the quality of players we had, how many decent players at league 2 level would over £150k brought to the club.
5.  Why haven't the minutes to that meeting were they agreed how to fund the club ie loans/shares haven't been published, it would put to bed a lot of speculation.

These questions will not be answered by JF, I just want the club to be run properly and not in the manner that has seen us fall so far.  No one will come in whilst that mountain of debt is anchored around us.  If I was in his position I would be moving heaven and earth to rectify why we have fallen so far.  It's all down to JF and he really needs to pull out some rabbits out the hat because all he's pulled out so far is knats pubes.

Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 15, 2012, 11:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

ive said before you know very little about football but you are spot on with the above

Dapperz, how do you know how much I know about football? Are my test results on line somewhere? What should I work on for my retakes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
LukeyJ
March 16, 2012, 12:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Legally you don't know what you can say on a forum but one person could have been aware of a friend which could have been a very reputable source, who could have been friends a very rich Grimsby fan and may have been interested in investing in Grimsby a few years back but may have been put off by a certain individual and potentially unreasonable demands... but hey, that's all speculation, or is it? Maybe it could be...

Anyway, awesome future going forward... in present form... I still can't fathom a trust giving away free shares. Talk about held to ransom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 16, 2012, 12:21am
Brandy Drinker
I doubt we'll ever get answers to those questions Marinerz. They were asked plenty of times in the run up to the vote and no proper answers were given. Only bluster by some of the pro camp about "what is your alternative" or "you're just anti-Fenty".

You have to conclude that the answers are too embarrassing for some people. Happy to be proved wrong on that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why Fenty deserves our trust & loyalty..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.